Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Inside the Park Baseball > ITP General Discussions

ITP General Discussions Talk about the new Inside the Park Baseball!

Old 02-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #61
Ky55Marine
Minors (Triple A)

We need a MAC version of this game, I have been wanting to play this for so long now.
Ky55Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #62
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

We need a Mac version of ITP2.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #63
SeeRed
Bat Boy

Question

Well I just bought the game and I like it besides the million bugs it has. It definetly has a great potential. It caught my interest because I've been creating a board game where you can make your own player and go through a career. My question for Markus and everyone else is since this does seem to show potential and people are interested in it...why don't you hire someone to work on fixing it and improving it or if you aren't going to work on it, just sell it to someone who will because if you don't do anything people will stop buying it. Plus, if you fix it up, instead of $20 it could be worth $50+ if it reaches it's potential...honestly I'd be willing to take the time to learn how to write games just to fix this (plus I know some people that would help and already know)
SeeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #64
Vinny P.
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeRed View Post
Well I just bought the game and I like it besides the million bugs it has. It definetly has a great potential. It caught my interest because I've been creating a board game where you can make your own player and go through a career. My question for Markus and everyone else is since this does seem to show potential and people are interested in it...why don't you hire someone to work on fixing it and improving it or if you aren't going to work on it, just sell it to someone who will because if you don't do anything people will stop buying it. Plus, if you fix it up, instead of $20 it could be worth $50+ if it reaches it's potential...honestly I'd be willing to take the time to learn how to write games just to fix this (plus I know some people that would help and already know)
What are you talking about? Sure, there are bugs. But did you know that in the world of computer programming (especially games,) it is virtually impossible to squash every last bug? NOt to mention, that's not how the world of retail game development works.

Secondly, Markus DOES update the game. Very regularly. There are at least 3 patches every time there's a new release.

And finally, there truly is no better/accurate baseball sim on the market than OOTP. I'm not saying that as a "fan-boy" or anything. I mean that completely truthfully. There is no better baseball sim in the entire world than OOTP 10+.
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #65
SeeRed
Bat Boy

I know you can't fix EVERY bug but you can at least fix most of them. OOTP doesn't have nearly the amount of bugs that ITP has. Don't get me wrong I love both of the games, but I just wish they'd put more work in on ITP since they haven't done anything to it for like 7 years. Plus, for the patches, I know he puts patches out for every new release, but I think ITP needs at least one more patch.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #66
Vinny P.
Banned

Quote:
I know you can't fix EVERY bug but you can at least fix most of them. OOTP doesn't have nearly the amount of bugs that ITP has. Don't get me wrong I love both of the games, but I just wish they'd put more work in on ITP since they haven't done anything to it for like 7 years. Plus, for the patches, I know he puts patches out for every new release, but I think ITP needs at least one more patch.
Oh. You're talking about ITP. I see.

In that case, I agree with you personally. However, I dunno what OOTPD's revenue stream was like when Markus last updated OOTP and ITP at the same time. I imagine it's probably a smart business decision to abandon ITP, in favor of OOTP, as OOTP probably has the greater revenue. With limited manpower and limited budget, it only makes sense to concentrate on the stronger, more profitable product.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #67
SeeRed
Bat Boy

True, but if ITP is abandoned, why not sell it or do something with it. I get he's still making some money off of it, but i'm guessing he isn't selling much more than 2 copies a month. If he's going to completely abandon it, why not make a deal with another company/person who is willing to fix it up and keep updating it and actually work on it...such as maybe Markus gets X% of the profit on ITP for x amount of time while the person or company he sells it to gets the rest of the profit and can get full profit after x amount of time and then can clean it up so that people who are interested in it can pursue it. Anyways, i'm sure OOTP is a money machine so why would he need a project like ITP?? I don't know, that's just what I think
Old 04-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #68
Vinny P.
Banned

Quote:
True, but if ITP is abandoned, why not sell it or do something with it. I get he's still making some money off of it, but i'm guessing he isn't selling much more than 2 copies a month. If he's going to completely abandon it, why not make a deal with another company/person who is willing to fix it up and keep updating it and actually work on it...such as maybe Markus gets X% of the profit on ITP for x amount of time while the person or company he sells it to gets the rest of the profit and can get full profit after x amount of time and then can clean it up so that people who are interested in it can pursue it. Anyways, i'm sure OOTP is a money machine so why would he need a project like ITP?? I don't know, that's just what I think
Ya know, that's actually a good point, and I agree with you. That's something I would personally look into doing myself. Maybe Markus just doesn't care enough to be bothered with ITP? I know he announced a couple of years ago, that he might work on ITP 2, using the new OOTP engine.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #69
SeeRed
Bat Boy

I'm sure it would be an amazing game if he'd work on an ITP2 like he said and I hope he does, but I don't want to wait a decade for it.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #70
Vinny P.
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure it would be an amazing game if he'd work on an ITP2 like he said and I hope he does, but I don't want to wait a decade for it.
He did say he would work on it, I remember him saying that a few years ago.

But I suspect, when it comes right down to it, I bet he just doesn't "find the time," for a couple of reasons:

1. It isn't as popular or interesting as OOTP.
2. He doesn't have nearly as clear a vision of where he wants to take it, as he does for OOTP.
3. It just will not generate as much income as it would be worth it to work on ITP 2.

I've had personal experience with this when it comes to certain projects on the computer. As an example:

I had two projects to complete for my portfolio at the same time:

One was a kinetic type project. I used a quote from the Lion King.

Another was a 3-d animation for the intro to a film festival that was coming up.

Both projects were initially a lot of fun to work on, and I had a pretty clear vision for both. However, the film fest intro was far more important to complete in a timely manner than the kinetic type, so I had to drop the kinetic type project in favor of the intro. The more I worked on the intro, the more I improved upon it and started making it pretty spectacular....the more I wanted to continue working with the project, and the more I wanted to do with it in order to continue improving it.

The kinetic type project got put to the wayside. When it came down to the end of the intro project, I went back to my kinetic type, and lost a lot of my vision for it. It was half complete, and was quite lame from my POV compared to the intro. I kept promising myself I would get back to it, but every time I opened the work files for the project, the less desire I had to work on it. Especially considering it had a lot of things that were wrong it. The kinetic type wasn't BAD by any means, and definitely had the potential to be a really impressive and interesting portfolio piece, given the elements that were there. But I just didn't have the interest in it any longer, and decided once and for all to just kill the project in my mind, keeping the work files intact. I may, afterall, get inspired against, and just come back to it in the future.

I bet the same story is true with Markus and ITP vs. OOTP.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:45 AM   #71
Jordan
All Star Starter

I haven't purchased OOTP for a few years now, and I literally plan to purchase the new version in a few hours. Reading about all of the new features since I last played, I cant help but wonder how great of a game ITP2 could become with all of the new features implemented since ITP was produced. I just pray someday there's a large enough groundswell of support for a new game. It would be the only one of its kind by far
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #72
SeeRed
Bat Boy

Fix??

Would any of you guys know how to fix a problem I've been having?? I finally made it to the major leagues and I went to play a game and the text overwrote itself. After it filled up the text box, instead of just scrolling down, it wrote the next line over the first line so you couldn't read it...Any idea why it's doing this??
Old 07-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #73
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

Is there anyway to play ITP on a Mac? I really want to give this game another try but I only have a Mac
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #74
gysgtam
Minors (Single A)

Parallels software works
Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #75
Oneida
Minors (Triple A)

I just wish he would make it official on whether he is going to make ITP2 or not!!!! is that really so much to ask? no one is so busy they can't post a quick message on their own forum
Oneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #76
sparker781
Minors (Double A)

Demo

I cant even get the DEMO to work on my machine. When I install it, I get a message that says the DEMO has expired and to purchase the game...
sparker781 is offline   Reply With Quote