Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:30 PM   #1
landru22
Major Leagues

FHM html Generator v1.3

Introducing FHM2 html Generator V1.3 . This is a vbscript that will, at present, create html pages from your FHM2
saves utilizing the csv exports.

***** PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU USE *****
***** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK *****

Overview:
The program creates a series of html files for viewing outside of FHM2. The index.html will have a link to the
standings screen for each league. From there, you can click on the team name and be brought to the scoring
and goaltending page for each team. Finally, from the team scoring/goaltending page there will be a link for
each player that played for that team in the current season.

Note:
Only the players that the game has generated pictures for will have their images at the top of each player html file.
I hope you find this script useful. Although I am sure it will not suit everyone’s needs, I believe that it can be
useful for commissioners of online leagues and for players that like to have the ability to “View” their world
outside of the game. For those with the know-how, feel free to change it to suit your needs. I am a novice
programmer and my knowledge of html is rudimentary.

This script was written to suit my needs, but I thought that others may find it useful so I decided to share.
In the near future I hope to add league leaders.

***** IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BACKUP YOUR SAVE PRIOR TO RUNNING THE SCRIPT *****
I don’t expect any save destroying issues, but it is better to be safe than sorry!

To install:
1) While in the FHM2 game, "Create CSV Export" from the <Manager> tab. Save and exit the program

2) Download and unzip FHM2 html Generator-V1.3.zip. The zip file contains the FHM2 html Generator-V1.3.vbs file
and a README of these directions

3) I recommend that you copy your league folder (your_league_folder.lg) located in
C:\Users\your_User_Name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\saved_games
to a temp directory somewhere on your computer.

4) Move the unzipped file (FHM2 html Generator-V1.3.vbs) into your league folder directory (the folder
with all of the .dat files) that you moved to the temp directory. (For example C:\temp\your_league_folder.lg)

To run:
1) Double-click the FHM2 html Generator-V1.3.vbs file. You will be asked if you wish to create skater and
goalie Index Files. THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR LARGE UNIVERSES!!! IT WILL ADD A GREAT AMOUNT OF PROCESSING TIME!!!
Processing time will depend on the amount of players and leagues in your save. Be patient, the script may take a few
minutes to complete (**Note: My league which consists of three 30-team leagues (Major-Minor-Junior) took about 45
seconds to run on my 2-year-old-laptop**). The program will notify you of it’s progress as it runs (reading CSV files,
Creating Index.html file, Creating League Standings files, Creating player html files, Creating team html files)

2) When the script is finished you will be notified by a message box that will say “Done”. Click the “OK”
on the message box.

To view:
The html files will reside in the exports\html directory contained in your league folder. Double-click on
the index.html file and from there you can click on the league you wish to view.

Also:
If you chose the option, Index files for skaters and goalies are also created (skater_index.html and
goalie_index.html) in the html\players directory. Players that played in the top league only at some point
in their career will be represented in the index file. The skaters and goalies are sorted alphabetically.
The index file will contain a link to each player’s html file and their lifetime stats (for Top Leauge Only).
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: zip FHM2 html Generator-V1.3.zip (13.7 KB, 135 views)
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote