Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:37 PM   #1
cbf88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Controlling prospects

Is their a way to make certain minor league pitchers start and position players start without controlling the whole minor leagues.
cbf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:11 PM   #2
Art Deco
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf88 View Post
Is their a way to make certain minor league pitchers start and position players start without controlling the whole minor leagues.

Short of managing the games yourself (you can start the game yourself, select the lineup and starting pitcher and then have the game simmed the rest of the way), which can be tedious my method for making sure a prospect starts that the AI isn't starting is to move the guy starting ahead of him to another level up or down and then disable AI promotion/demotion on the player I've moved.

But I'm with you, I'd like to see a way I can make sure certain players play regularly, as well as counteracting the AI's penchant for making relievers out of guys I want to start and vice-versa. I can go in and change positions from starter to reliever but they don't stick.
Art Deco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf88 View Post
Player Profile>Actions>Set Game Strategy>Force Start or Force Roll
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:31 PM   #4
Tony820
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Deco View Post
Short of managing the games yourself (you can start the game yourself, select the lineup and starting pitcher and then have the game simmed the rest of the way), which can be tedious my method for making sure a prospect starts that the AI isn't starting is to move the guy starting ahead of him to another level up or down and then disable AI promotion/demotion on the player I've moved.

But I'm with you, I'd like to see a way I can make sure certain players play regularly, as well as counteracting the AI's penchant for making relievers out of guys I want to start and vice-versa. I can go in and change positions from starter to reliever but they don't stick.
Yes, as noted already in this thread, you can easily accomplish this. Go into game strategy for each player you want more control over and force start them in the position you want. Starting lineup, starting pitcher, reliever or closer. You won’t run into any issues, unless you force start too many people at the same level at the same position.
Tony820 is offline   Reply With Quote