Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #21
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

We might finally have some fun in the Home run race to 48. At the end of one month Barry Bonds of the Scots and Nap Lajoie of the Meltdown are on pace to hit 54 home runs. They both share the lead with 9. We also have Ted Kluszewski of the Alchemists and Christian Yelich of the Heat who have 8 which is on pace for 48. I know it is very early but it does add up to some early excitement. Let the balls fly.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #22
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

That summary that picks the Redlegs to beat my Suns....yea seems like an easy pick to me! I'm shocked I'm over .500 at all, much less after a full month.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:59 AM   #23
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Hey Joe!
The Base Destroyers and the Xtreme made it into the same league in '20. We are even in opposite conferences. Hopefully we can both manage to beat the other teams and meet in the WS. There are some few teams that by the numbers (such as Orcins method) outshine us both. However, you and I have each won 2 titles over there out of 3 tries so far. Ask the kids to cheer for me to make it with you

I do apologize to all for coming over here and discussing PT 20 stuff again. But, there is not much inter league chatter over there except in the FTP league I just joined with my 2nd team. I mean no harm; I just have PT friends here.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #24
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Since I'm at work, this is my only way to keep track of my team's progress, its nice to have an active league thread again for once!
Old 04-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #25
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It’s time for Zorro baseball. Good morning and a pleasant morning to you wherever you may be. Pull up a chair and spend some time with us as we try and put some day light between us and and the surprising Hagerstown team along with the powerhouse Barely Legal. The most pleasant surprise in the league so far (Not for Rocky Point) is the emergence of the Hagerstown Suns who have a outstanding record of 19-7 and are only a half game back of the Zorros in the NC West Division.They have played some fine baseball of late and fans of the Suns are hoping this will continue. Rocky Point who has gotten off to a fast start themselves find they cannot shake off this Sons team in the early going. Will this be a Cinderella season for the Sons? In 15 seasons in the perfect league the Sons have made the playoffs 6 times and have never won a Championship. Could this be the year of the Sun?

Last edited by Zorro; 04-16-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #26
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post

I do apologize to all for coming over here and discussing PT 20 stuff again. But, there is not much inter league chatter over there except in the FTP league I just joined with my 2nd team. I mean no harm; I just have PT friends here.
You are welcome here my friend to talk about anything you would like to. This is all about fun and we are all friends so talk away.😁
Old 04-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #27
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The Rocky Point Zorros just made a deal for sentiment. They acquired a perfect Willie Mays to sit on their Reserve roster until someone goes cold. Mays was a Zorros favorite player of all time so when he came up at the AH for a very low price he had to snag him. Zorro the owner stated “We really have no where to play him at the moment but I just could not let him pass when I saw him for that price. He will be a fine backup in the future.”
Old 04-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #28
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I know you have spoken of him since Beta. Congrats!

Old 04-16-2019, 12:22 PM   #29
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know you have spoken of him since Beta. Congrats!
Thank you my friend....
Old 04-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #30
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The Defending Champions Seattle Base Thieves are tied for the lead in the AC Central. What is unusual about that you say? They usually start off slow and then become one of the best (If not the best) team in the league. With a start that they do not have to play catch up the rest of the league should beware. If Seattle plays like anything in the past the second half could be a run a way for them in the Division. Of course now I just Jinx them. 🤫
Old 04-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #31
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Weird stat. No one in the AC is playing .600 ball while 5 teams are playing over .600 in the N.C. In fact 3 teams are playing over .600 in the Western Division alone. Two are even playing over .700 ball. What a Division this is so far.😱
Old 04-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #32
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Standings
Attached Images
Old 04-16-2019, 04:38 PM   #33
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Looks like I'm still tied with my father in record, despite my team being free. This amuses me. Thanks for the updates Zorro
Old 04-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #34
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I miss you in our league. Hopefully we get together again my friend....
Agree...the Gryphons are always fun.
They actually took the top division spot away from me last season and forced me into the wild card race.
I just could not get enough wins against them and ended up losing or splitting series.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #35
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Interesting fact.(Bad for me) I am 1-5 against Barely Legal and 18-2 against the rest of the league. I do not like the fact Barely Legal seems to own me. 😨
Even more weird...what if they don't make the playoffs this year?
They are currently two games back in the wild card.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #36
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
That summary that picks the Redlegs to beat my Suns....yea seems like an easy pick to me! I'm shocked I'm over .500 at all, much less after a full month.
You won your home series against them...

Maybe they continue to also lose when you have losing streaks. You are still in it and just 1/2 a game behind.
Good luck.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:39 PM   #37
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hey Joe!
The Base Destroyers and the Xtreme made it into the same league in '20. We are even in opposite conferences. Hopefully we can both manage to beat the other teams and meet in the WS. There are some few teams that by the numbers (such as Orcins method) outshine us both. However, you and I have each won 2 titles over there out of 3 tries so far. Ask the kids to cheer for me to make it with you

Yeah...PT20 seems a bit lame with Zorro out in the PT19 world.
I hope traffic will pick up once we all reached Diamond/Perfect and start to run into the same folks over and over.

The kids usually like your teams. I will have them look at the team tonight. I am sure they will be thrilled to see all that defense. I have not let them invest into PT20 yet (market is still a bit high) but they both want to try very defensive teams with so many extra players that can learn new positions.
Several of your players are on their "shopping" list.

I am not sure I can keep up with the top pitching. I invested too heavily into my right handed part of my lineup and have not taken care of the left handed ones yet (Boggs, Brett, Vaughn, Yastrzemski).
I suspect an early playoff exit against the top team.

This season I will be happy collecting 3-4 golden gloves.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:43 PM   #38
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Weird stat. No one in the AC is playing .600 ball while 5 teams are playing over .600 in the N.C. In fact 3 teams are playing over .600 in the Western Division alone. Two are even playing over .700 ball. What a Division this is so far.😱
You are approaching .800. That should be illegal.
Wow...what a start. Keep it up.

Dragons with their wicked right handed lineup are in first place in the AC West division. They are very hard to beat at home.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:46 PM   #39
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
The Defending Champions Seattle Base Thieves are tied for the lead in the AC Central. What is unusual about that you say? They usually start off slow and then become one of the best (If not the best) team in the league. With a start that they do not have to play catch up the rest of the league should beware. If Seattle plays like anything in the past the second half could be a run a way for them in the Division. Of course now I just Jinx them. 🤫
So far so good...the Falcons ran into the Dragons at their home and lost all three games.

I bet by tomorrow we will be rotating in and out of the top spot like we did last season. We will have to pay attention to how this battle plays out.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #40
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Yeah...PT20 seems a bit lame with Zorro out in the PT19 world.
I hope traffic will pick up once we all reached Diamond/Perfect and start to run into the same folks over and over.

The kids usually like your teams. I will have them look at the team tonight. I am sure they will be thrilled to see all that defense. I have not let them invest into PT20 yet (market is still a bit high) but they both want to try very defensive teams with so many extra players that can learn new positions.
Several of your players are on their "shopping" list.

I am not sure I can keep up with the top pitching. I invested too heavily into my right handed part of my lineup and have not taken care of the left handed ones yet (Boggs, Brett, Vaughn, Yastrzemski).
I suspect an early playoff exit against the top team.

This season I will be happy collecting 3-4 golden gloves.
Your team is the first that I have come to that matches and even exceeds my defense at several positions. I went for a little more offense I think in the OF than you so far.. But, we are both still building. We both will challenge for some of the Gold Gloves

I love that our teams are built with classic players. I drew a Clemens this morning that will help my staff but he got bombed the first time out .

I wish Zorro would give it up and put a team over there with us,