Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 07-05-2019, 07:19 AM   #461
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 15th, 1987

We are at Shea to face the Mets!

They are pitching Sid Fernandez (3-1, 2.06).

The Giants are going with Eric Show (2-4, 5.56).

I have gone 3 for 21 vs big Sid.

I kicked off the game by striking out.

I got the 1st out on the other side by taking a Gerald Young grounder.
With two out Darryl Strawberry put one in the seats. Then Jim Dwyer doubled home Kevin Mitchell. Carlton Fisk tripled, scoring Dwyer.

Mets lead 3-0

I came up with two out in the 3rd and grounded out to Hubie Brooks at short.

In the bottom half I grabbed a Dwyer liner for a nice 2nd out.

We got on the board in the 5th when Chris Brown doubled home Rob Deer.

Mets lead 3-1

I led off the 6th by striking out again.

In the 7th we got another when Rob scored on a Bobby Grich sac fly.

Mets lead 3-2

I led off the 8th, now facing Jesse Orosco. I put on through the right side for a single. Mike Aldrete hit into what looked like a double play but Brooks bobbled it and we were both safe. Unfortunately we were left there.

With one out and two on in the 8th, Nestor went to Scott Garrelts. He struck out the next two guys to get out of the jam.

We tied it up in the 9th when Bob Brenly led off with a single before moving to 2nd on a passed ball. Then Chris Brown singled, scoring Bob! Bobby Grich tried to bunt but popped it up. Jerry Mumphrey got a pinch hit double, moving Bobby to 3rd. Then it was my turn. They pulled Roger McDowell to bring in Ed Lynch to face me. I took the first pitch up the middle for a two run single! I moved to 2nd on the throw home. I went to 3rd on a groundout by Mikey and scored on a Chili Davis double.

Giants lead 6-3

Dennis Eckersley came in to close things out. Three batters later we had the win.

I made the highlight reel!

That is 8 wins in a row for us!

I went 2 for 5 with a pair of singles, two RBI, and a run scored.

After the game the team announced that Alan Cockrell was heading back to Phoenix. Scott Bradley was called up.

Scott and I share a birthday! He is 8 years older than me but we both spawned on March 22nd.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #462
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 16th, 1987

Today the Giants are pitching Willie Fraser (1-1, 4.96).

We are facing the Mets and Ron Darling (6-0, 1.86).

This will be the biggest challenge to our winning streak so far.

I have gone only 1 for 18 vs Darling.

I open the game by popping out to Darling.

I get the last out of the inning off a Darryl Strawberry grounder.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and manage to take a walk. I picked up stolen base #34 and take 3rd when Mike Fitzgerald threw it away trying to catch me. I scored on a Mike Aldrete double. Mike later scored on a Steve Stanicek sac fly.

Giants lead 2-0

I came up in the 4th with two out and Chris Brown on 2nd and Bobby Grich on 1st. I grounded out back to Darling.

In the bottom half the Mets tied it up on a Strawberry homer. Then they took the lead on a Jim Dwyer solo shot.

Mets lead 3-2

In the 5th Fitzgerald scores on a Gerald Young single.

Mets lead 4-2

They keep at it in the 6th when Kevin Mitchell scores on a Dwyer single.
That was it for Willie as Nestor went to Frank Williams. (On a double switch, brining in Brian Giles for Chris Brown.)
He does no better as Dwyer scores on a Hubie Brooks double. Ken Phelps ends up scoring on a Darling sac fly.

Mets lead 7-2

I came up with two out in the 7th and get my 2nd ever hit against Darling - a single up the middle. Stolen base #35. I was left there.

After Frank walks Brooks in the 8th, Nestor goes to Mark Davis. A Grich - Priske - Aldrete double play gets Brooks and Fitzgerald.

I came up in the 9th with two out and Jerry Mumphrey on 3rd. Rick Aguilera was pitching. I walked again.

We were unable to score and our winning streak was over.

I went 1 for 3 with a single, two walks, a run scored, and two stolen bases.

Meanwhile the Reds are on a five game win streak and trail us only by 1.5.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:12 PM   #463
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 17th, 1987

We have one last game at Shea before we head up to my home and native land.

Today the Giants pitching Bruce Ruffin (6-0, 2.09) to face the Mets and Pascual Perez (3-1, 3.77).

I am 3 for 19 against Perez.

I kicked off the game flying out to Lenny Dykstra in centre.
Chili Davis hit a solo bomb to put us on the board.

Giants lead 1-0

In the 2nd Rob Deer did the same!

Giants lead 2-0

In the bottom half I took a Carlton Fisk fielder's choice grounder for the 1st out. Fisk and Ken Phelps ended up scoring on a Huge Brooks double to tie it up. I grabbed a Perez grounder for the last out.

Game tied 2-2

I came up with one out in the 3rd and wore a Perez curveball for a free base. No intention there. I ran into a pitchout and was caught stealing.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom half off a Wally Backman grounder.

I got the last out in the 4th off a Jim Dwyer grounder.

We got the lead back in the 5th when Chris Brown scored on a sac fly by Bruce.
I came up with two out and took a walk. Stolen base #36. I was left there.

Giants lead 3-2

The lead was short lived after Perez scored on an error by Bobby Grich, on what should have been the 3rd out.

Game tied 3-3

The Mets took the lead in the 6th when Phelps scored on a single by Perez.

Mets lead 4-3

Jeff Robinson took over pitching for us in the 7th. His one inherited runner, Backman, scored on a Fisk sac fly. I got the final out of a Brooks grounder.

Mets lead 5-3

I came up with one out in the 8th and popped out to Backman at 2nd.

Scott Garrelts took over for us in the 8th.

I got the last out for him off a Backman grounder.

We were unable to score in the 9th and we had lost.

I went 0 for 2 with a walk, a hit-by-pitch, a stolen base, and a caught stealing.

We are headed to Montreal!

Old 07-12-2019, 11:46 PM   #464
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 18th, 1987

It is always great to get 'home', even when Montreal is far from my home town of Victoria, both literally and figuratively.

Unfortunately, we were rained out.

In Olympic Stadium.

I don't get it either.

It was good to see Kenny Oberkfell, who signed with the Expos this season.

May 19th, 1987

Now we are playing a double header!

The first game has The Giants have Doyle Alexander (6-1, 2.43) taking on the Expos and Scott Bankhead (2-6, 6.45).

I have gone 4 for 13 vs Bankhead.

I kicked off the game by striking out.

In the bottom half I was pivot on a Grich - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Jose Oquendo and Keith Moreland.

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the 3rd, taking a Chuck Jackson grounder. I then got the 3rd out, doing the same to Moreland.

I led off the 4th by grounding out to Oquendo at short.

In the home half Pedro Guerrero led off with a solo homer to open the scoring. I took another Jackson grounder to end the threat.

Expos lead 1-0

In the 6th I came up with two out and Chris Brown on 2nd. I flew out to Jackson in centre.

I got the last out in the 7th by handling a grounder by Oquendo.

We tied things up in the 8th when Bobby Grich slugged a two out homer!

Game tied 1-1

I led off the 9th, now facing Mitch Williams. I grounded out to Oquendo again.

Dennis Eckersley took over for us in the 9th. I took a Jackson grounder for the 3rd out to send us to extras.

Horrifyingly, I made what should have been the first out in the bottom of the 10th but threw the ball away for a two base error!
Thankfully I made up for it with a Priske - Grich - Aldrete double play to correct my mistake.

I came up with one out in the 11th. Jerry Mumphrey was on 1st and Mike Henneman was pitching. I hit into a fielder's choice to Kenny O at 3rd.
Stolen base #37, despite a pitchout. I was left.

Scott Garrelts took over on the mound for us.
I made a nice play to grab a liner from Larry Parrish for the 1st out. I then caught a soft pop by Rich Gedman for the 2nd. Kenny O damn near scored on a Tim Flannery single for the walk off win but Rob Deer gunned him down at the plate.

We got a couple in the 12th. First Child Davis scored on a double by Rob and then Rob scored on a single by Chris.

Giants lead 3-1

Scotty got all three guys in the bottom half and we had the first win of the day.

I went 0 for 5 with a stolen base and an error. Not my best game.

My batting average is down to .291

Last edited by rpriske; 07-13-2019 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #465
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 19th, 1987

The second game of the double header pitted Bryan Hickerson (2-1, 423) of the Giants vs Jeff Russell (2-2, 4.46) of the Expos.

We got the win earlier - though I didn't play that well.

I have gone 5 for 18 vs Russell.

I opened the game by putting one up the middle for a single. I then moved to 3rd on a Mike Aldrete double. Chili Davis walked to load them up, still with none out. Steve Stanicek struck out and then I scored on a Rob Deer fielder's choice. Mikey then scored on a Chris Brown single.

Giants lead 2-0

I got the 2nd out of the home half, off a Jose Oquendo grounder.

I came up in the 2nd with one out and John Rabb on 2nd. I dropped one into centre again, for an RBI single. I moved to 2nd on a fly ball by Mikey. I stole 3rd (#38) and scored when Brian Dayett threw it away.

Giants lead 4-0

In the bottom half I got a Kenny Oberkfell grounder for the 3rd out.

The Expos scored in the 3rd, with Chuck Jackson crossing on a HIckerson error. They scored a run before actually getting a hit.

Giants lead 4-1

I led off the 4th by grounding to Larry Parrish at 1st, but he muffed it and I was safe on an error. Stolen base #39 and once again, I got an extra bag when Dayett threw it away. I scored on an Aldrete sac fly.

Giants lead 5-1

In the 5th Chris scored on a Rabb double. I ended up striking out to end the inning. Randy St. Claire was pitching.

Giants lead 6-1

In the 6th Chili smacked a solo homer.

Giants lead 7-1

I came up in the 7th with two out, Bobby Grich on 3rd, and John Rabb on 2nd. Jerry Reuss was pitching. I struck out.

In the bottom half Kenny O led off with a solo homer. That was the first hit of the game for the Expos.

Giants lead 7-2

By the time Hickerson left in the 8th, while not giving up many hits, he set the new team record for walks with nine.
Jeff Robinson took over with three inherited runners and none out.
He struck out the first guy but then uncorked a wild pitch that allowed Dayett to score. Then Keith Moreland scored on a Ken Landreaux pinch hit single. Kenny O scored on a Mark McLemore single. Landreaux scored on an Oquendo sac fly.

Giants lead 7-6

In the 9th I got the 1st out off a Parrish grounder.

We managed to hold off Montreal to get the win.

I went 2 for 5 with a pair of singles, an RBI, THREE runs scored, and two stolen bases.

We lead the Reds by 3 games. We have the best record in the NL and the 2nd best in MLB.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:57 AM   #466
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 20th, 1987

Today the Giants are pitching Eric Show (2-4, 5.29) against the Expos and Bryan Clutterbuck (0-4, 12.71).

That ERA is not a misprint.

I have only faced him once, going 0 for 1.

I opened the game by flying out to Thomas Howard in centre.
We scored that inning when Mike Aldrete crossed on a Steve Stanicek double.

Giants lead 1-0

They got it back right away when Jose Oquendo led off with a homer.
I got the 2nd out off a Pedro Guerrero grounder.

Game tied 1-1

Bobby Grich led off the 3rd with a no-doubter to right.
I came up with one out and grounded out to Tim Flannery at 2nd.

Giants lead 2-1

We got Eric out of a jam that inning with a Grich - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Oquendo and Keith Moreland.

I got the last out in the 4th off a Kenny Oberkfell grounder.

I came up with two out in the 5th and grounded out to Flannery again.

In the 6th Steve smashed a two run homer.

Giants lead 4-1

I caught an Oquendo pop for the 1st out in the bottom half.

I came up in the 7th with two out and Bobby on 2nd. I grounded out to Kenny O at 3rd.

In the home half we got a nice Aldrete - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Larry Parrish and Kenny.

In the 8th Steve and Rob Deer scored on a Chris Brown single.

Giants lead 6-1

Mark McLemore pinch hit for Montreal and got an RBI fielder's choice, scoring Flannery.

Giants lead 6-2

I came up with one out in the 9th and David Lee on the mound. I lined one into left centre for a single. Stolen base #40. I scored on a single by Mikey. Later he scored on a single by Steve and then HE scored on a single by Rob.

Giants lead 9-2

Frank Williams came in for the 9th. I caught a Larry Parrish pop for the 2nd out. The Expos did not manage a base runner.

I went 1 for 5 with a single and a stolen base.

Steve Stanicek was named the top performer of the day by ESPN. He went 4 for 4 with a home run and 4 RBI.

Tomorrow is a travel day as we head to Philadelphia.

We heard on the off day that Alan Cockrell was back and Score Bradley is heading down to Phoenix.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #467
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 22nd, 1987

We are in Philadelphia to take on Kevin Gross (3-4, 4.12) and the Phillies.

The Giants are pitching Bruce Ruffin (6-1, 2.44).

I am 3 for 22 vs Gross.

I open the game by grounding out to Juan Samuel at 2nd.

I then led off the 3rd by striking out.

In the bottom half I started a Priske - Grich - Aldrete double play to get Ray Knight and Ron Hassey.

I came up with one out in the 5th and managed a walk. I was erased on a double play by Mike Aldrete.

The Phillies opened the scoring in the 5th when Gross singled home Garry Templeton with two out.

Phillies lead 1-0

They kept at it in the 6th when Samuel singled home Von Hayes. A Grich - Priske - Aldrete double play erased Samuel and Bill Madlock, but Dwight Evans scored on the play.

Phillies lead 3-0

I came up with two out in the 7th and Chris Brown on 2nd and Bobby Grich on 1st. I struck out.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half off a Hassey grounder.

We had a big 8th when Bob Brenly smashed a three-run homer to tie the game!

Game tied 3-3

It was short lived as Samuel did the same thing in the bottom half.
That was in for Bruce as Nestor went to Mark Davis.
I got the 3rd out for Mark off a Knight grounder.

Phillies lead 6-3

I came up in the 9th with none out, Bobby on 2nd, and pinch hitter Jerry Mumphrey on 1st. Clint Jenkins was on the mound.
I hit one deep but Hayes snagged it in centre.
We were unable to score and lost 6-3.

I went 0 for 4 with a walk. My average is down to .285.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #468
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 23rd, 1987

Today the Giants are pitching Willie Fraser (1-2, 6.33) vs Charles Hudson (4-2, 4.02) and the Phillies.

I have done pretty well vs Hudson, going 7 for 16 - .438.

I open the game by fouling out to Bill Madlock at 1st.

In the bottom half I took a Madlock fielder's choice ball to get Tim Raines for the 1st out.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and drop one into left centre for my 50th hit of the season. Stolen base #41. I was left there.

There was a scary moment when Willie hit Madlock in the head with a pitch, but it seems that he is all right.
I erased Bill on a Von Hayes fielder's choice ball.

The 4th got a little sloppy, with a Chris Brown error, a wild pitch, and a sac fly by Ray Knight to score Dwight Evans. Worse, Steve Stanicek hurt his elbow on the play and had to leave the game. Word is that it is a sprain.
Alan Cockrell replaced him.

Phillies lead 1-0

I came up in the 5th with one out and Bobby Grich on 2nd. I grounded out to Madlock, moving Bobby up. He ended up not scoring.

In the bottom half I took a Madlock grounder for the 2nd out.

Because this is how things go sometimes, Alan Cockrell led off the 6th for us with a solo home run.

Game tied 1-1

In the bottom half, I should have closed the inning with a Knight grounder, but I messed up the throw for an error! Thankfully it ended up not costing us a run.

I came up with two out in the 7th and pushed one through the left side for another single. Stolen base #42. I then scored on a Mike Aldrete single. Mike then scored on a Chili Davis single.

Giants lead 3-1

In the bottom of the 8th, with now out and Juan Samuel on 2nd, Nestor went to Dennis Eckersley. I handled a Garry Templeton grounder for the final out of the inning.

I led off the 9th, now facing Clint Jenkins, by walking. Stolen base #43. Stolen base #44! I scored on a ground out by Mike.

Giants lead 4-1

Eck got three more and we had the win.

I had a great day! 2 for 4 with two singles, a walk, two runs scored, and FOUR stolen bases!

We heard after that Steve's elbow isn't TOO bad. He plans to play through it. (Maybe he is worried after Alan stepped in and smacked a dinger.)

Old 07-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #469
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 24th, 1987

Finishing up in Philadelphia facing the Phillies and Erik Hanson (4-2, 3.06).
The Giants are going with Doyle Alexander (6-1, 2.27).

I have gone 2 for 6 vs Hanson.

I opened the game by grounding out to Ray Knight at 3rd.

I led off the 3rd by dropping just past Juan Samuel's reach into short right for a single. I moved to 2nd on a wild pitch. That didn't matter, though, because Mike Aldrete smacked a two run homer.

Giants lead 2-0

In the 4th we saved a run with a Priske - Grich - Aldrete double play to get Samuel and Dwight Evans with a man on 3rd.

I led off the 5th by striking out.

The Phils tied things up in the 6th when Von Hayes hit a two run dinger of his own. I ended things by catching an Evans pop.

Game tied 2-2

I came up in the 7th with two out and Bobby Grich on 2nd. I grounded to Bill Madlock at 1st, but he muffed it and I was safe on error!
But I was thrown out trying to steal.

Things got bad in the 7th when Tim Raines smashed a three-run blast.
Nestor went to Frank Williams after that.
I got him out of the inning but taking a Madlock grounder.

Phillies lead 5-2

Things turned back around in the 8th. Mikey singled. Chili Davis doubled. Steve Stanicek singled, scoring both guys. Rob Deer walked. Bob Brenly singled, scoring Steve. Chris Brown and Bobby made outs but then Alan Cockrell worked a pinch hit walk. Then I came up and WIllie Hernandez gave me a bases loaded walk!

Giants lead 6-5

Dennis Eckersley came in for us.
He allowed a couple of hits but then a Priske - Grich - Aldrete double play got Evans and Garry Templeton.

He got the three in the 9th and we had the win!

I went 1 for 4 with a single, a walk, a game winning RBI, a run scored, and a caught stealing.

Tomorrow we are home to face the Mets.

Also, All-Star Voting has started and there is serious talk that I will make it!
Voters are also rallying around Dennis Eckerlsey, Bruce Ruffin, and Scott Garrelts.

Eck and Scott made it last year.

Man, that would be amazing.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:41 AM   #470
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 25th, 1987

The Mets are in town with Dwight Gooden (5-3, 2.57).

The Giants are going with Eric Show (3-4, 4.88).

I have gone 5 for 25 vs Gooden.

I got the last out of the first frame off a Darryl Strawberry grounder.

I led off the home half by grounding out to Kevin Mitchell at 3rd.

I got revenge by taking Mitchell's grounder for the 1st out in the 2nd.

I did the same in the 3rd on a Jim Dwyer grounder.

I led off the bottom of the 4th by collecting out first hit - a single up the middle. With one out I ran into a pitchout.

I came up with two out in the 6th and flew out to Lenny Dykstra in centre.

I got the 2nd out in the 8th off a Wally Backman grounder.
The Mets got the first run of the game as Dwyer scored on a Hubie Brooks single. I took a Dykstra grounder to end it.

Mets lead 1-0

I led off the 9th by grounding out back to Gooden.

In the end, my single was the ONLY hit we managed as Gooden through a one-hit shut out.

I went one for four with a caught stealing.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:01 AM   #471
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 26th, 1987

Today the Mets are pitching Sid Fernandez (4-1, 2.02).
The Giants are using Bryan Hickerson (3-1, 4.41).

I have gone 3 for 24 vs Sid.

I got the 2nd out of the game, catching a Darryl Strawberry pop.
The Mets scored early when Wally Backman crossed on a Kevin Mitchell double.

Mets lead 1-0

I led off our half by grounding out to Hubie Brooks at short.

They struck again in the 3rd when Lenny Dykstra launched a two run homer.
I took a Backman grounder for the 1st out.

Mets lead 3-0

I came up with one out in the 3rd and flew out to Jim Dwyer in left.

We got one back in the 4th off a Chill Davis homer.

Mets lead 3-1

I took a Hubie grounder for the 3rd out in the 6th.

I led off the bottom half by singling up the middle. I stole 2nd and moved to 3rd when Carlton Fisk threw the ball away trying to catch me. I scored on a Mike Aldrete sac fly.

Mets lead 3-2

In the 7th we got a Grich - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Ken Phelps and Dwyer out.

I got the 2nd out in the 8th, taking a Wally Backman grounder.

I came up in the 8th with one out and pinch hitter Steve Stanicek on 1st. I singled to centre again. Steve went to 2nd. Mike hit into a fielder's choice, getting Steve out at 3rd. Mike and I were left.

Dennis Eckersley came in to pitch the 9th. Things do not go well for him. He loads the bases with one out. He then struck out Dwyer but Dave Magadan hit a pinch hit double, scoring all three base runners. Magadan scored on a Backman single.
Frank Williams took over and got the 3rd out, but...

Mets lead 7-2

We managed to get a couple in the bottom of the 9th but it was not enough and we lost 7-4. (Part of that was me, as I struck out in the 9th.)

I went 2 for 5 with a run scored and a stolen base.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #472
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 27th, 1987

We are finishing the series against the Mets with Ron Darling (8-0, 1.68) pitching.

The Giants are going with Bruce Ruffin (6-2, 2.95).

I am a mere 2 for 21 vs Darling.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by fouling out to Ken Phelps.

In the 2nd I started a Priske - Grich - Aldrete double play to get Kevin Mitchell and Carlton Fisk out.

I came up with two out in the 3rd. I grounded one to Wally Backman at 2nd but he screwed it and I was safe on his error. Stolen base #46. I scored on a Chris Brown single.

Giants lead 1-0

In the 4th Bobby Grich smacked a homer.

Giants lead 2-0

I got the 3rd out in the 5th off a Carlton Fisk grounder.

I came up with one out in the bottom half and struck out.

I led off in the 7th with a walk. Stolen base #47. With one out they intentionally walked Chili Davis. We pulled doff a double steal and Fisk threw it away! I scored! Chili then scored on a Rob Deer double.

Giants lead 4-0

I came up with two out in the 8th and Rick Aguilera on the mound. I walked. Stolen base #49. I was left.

I got the 1st out in the 9th, throwing out Jim Dwyer on a pinch hitter Greg Vaughn fielder's choice. Bruce allowed another base runner but struck out Darryl Strawberry to clinch ht shut out!

We just did something nobody else has been able to do this year - put a number under the L column for Ron Darling.

How about those all-star votes for Bruce Ruffin!

I went 0 for 3 with two walks, two runs scored, and FOUR stolen bases.

Tomorrow is a day off and then the Expos come to town.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #473
DD Martin
All Star Reserve

Wow on a nice stolen bases pace there. Have you broken Henderson’s record in your previous season (I don’t remember)? If not, with continued health you guy is on the way. What’s his WAR out of curiosity?
DD Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:15 PM   #474
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Last year I stole 141 bases, while hitting poorly. Now that I am hitting better, the sky is the limit.

I am currently at 2.6 WAR, 3rd in the NL behind Kal Daniels and Billy Hatcher.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:07 PM   #475
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I looked it up, and I was off by a bit. I am at 2.8 WAR, behind Will Clark and Billy Hatcher among hitters.

I am also behind Dwight Gooden, Ron Darling, Mark Langston, and Mike Scott among pitchers.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:33 PM   #476
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 29th, 1987

We open against the Expos today. They are pitching Scott Bankhead (2-7, 6.39).

The Giants are going with Doyle Alexander (6-1, 2.68).

I have gone 4 for 16 vs Bankhead.

I led off the home half by dribbling one back to the pitcher and legging out an infield single. I was thrown out on a pitchout.

My old buddy Kenny Oberkfell put the Expos up in the 2nd, knocking in Rich Gedman with a single. I took a Bankhead grounder for the 3rd out.

Expos lead 1-0

Steve Stanicek and Rob Deer led off our half with back-to-back jacks. I came up with two on and two out and struck out.

Giants lead 2-1

I handled a Pedro Guerrero grounder for the 3rd out in the 3rd.

I led off the home 5th by striking out again.

I got the 3rd out in the 6th off a Larry Parrish grounder.

In the 7th I was pivot on a Grich - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Gedman and Keith Moreland.

I came up in the bottom of the 7th with no out and Doyle on 2nd. I got an intentional walk. I was erased on a Chili Davis fielder's choice. Doyle scored on a single by Steve. Chili scored on a Rob single.

Giants lead 4-1

In the 8th Thomas Howard scored on a Jose Oquendo single. I took a Guerrero grounder to end the threat.

Giants lead 4-2

We got it back when Bobby Grich scored on a Mike Henneman wild pitch. I came up with one out and pinch hitter Jerry Mumphrey on 1st. I walked, unintentionally this time. We were left on.

Giants lead 5-2

Dennis Eckersley came on to close things out. Strikeout. Walk. Grich - Priske - Aldrete double play and it was over.

I went 1 for 3 with a single and two walks.

Then we got the big news. Bob Brenly has a torn hamstring. He will be lucky to be back for September.
Scott Bradley was called up, but this is going to be on Alan Cockrell.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:03 AM   #477
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 30th, 1987

Today the Expos are pitching Jeff Russell (3-3, 4.40).

The Giants are using Eric Show (3-5, 4.37).

I have gone 7 for 21 against Russell.

I led off the home half by grounding out to Jose Oquendo at short.

In the 2nd I handled a Kenny Oberkfell grounder for the 3rd out.

I made a tough play in the 3rd on a Thomas Howard grounder for the 2nd out. The Expos opened the scoring that inning when Pedro Guerrero singled home Russell. Then Eric walked Rich Gedman with the bases loaded. Then he did the same to Keith Moreland.

Expos lead 3-0

I came up that inning with two out and Bobby Grich on 2nd. I picked up an RBI single through the right side. I was left on 1st.

Expos lead 3-1

I got the 3rd out in the 4th off a Guerrero grounder.

The Expos loaded them up in the 5th but I took a Russell grounder to end it.

In the bottom half I came up in the same situation as last time - Bobby on 2nd with two out. This time I flew out to Guerrero in left.

I got the 1st out in the 6th, taking a Howard grounder. A Grich - Priske - Aldrete double play gets Oquendo and Guerrero for the other two outs.

In the home half Mike Aldrete scored on a Steve Stanicek single.

Expos lead 3-2

In the 7th it was a Show - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Gedman and Moreland.

In the 8th Nestor went to Scott Garrelts. I got the 1st guy for him off a Kenny O grounder.

I led off the bottom half with Ed Nunez pitching. I struck out.

We were unable to make up the last run and lost 3-2.

I went 1 for 4 with a single and RBI.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:29 AM   #478
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 31st, 1987

We are finishing up the series vs the Expos.

Montreal is pitching Bryan Clutterbuck (1-5, 10.70).

The Giants have Willie Fraser (2-2, 4.71).

Despite those awful numbers by Clutterbuck, I have gone 0 for 5 against him.

I led off the home side by grounding out to Kenny Oberkfell at 3rd.
We scored that inning when Chili Davis crossed on a Rob Deer single.

Giants lead 1-0

The Expos got it right back in the 2nd when Rich Gedman scored on a Keith Moreland double.

Game tied 1-1

I made my first play in the 3rd, throwing out Jose Oqendo off a grounder for the 1st out.
Chuck Jackson scored on a wild pitch.

Expos lead 2-1

I led off the 3rd by lining out to Tim Flannery at 2nd.

I led off the 6th by hitting one back to the pitcher but beating it out for an infield single. Not only stolen base #50 followed, but I went to 3rd when Gedman threw it away. I ended up scoring on a Steve Stanicek ground out.

Game tied 2-2

Montreal got the lead back in the 8th when Jackson scored on a Gedman single.
Nestor went with Jeff Robinson after that, with two out and two men on. He struck out Moreland.

Expos lead 3-2

I came up in the bottom half with none out and pinch hitter Jerry Mumphrey on 1st. I popped it up. Jerry ended up scoring on a Chili sac fly.

Game tied 3-3

Dennis Eckerlsey took over in the 9th.
He struck out the side.

Things went worse in the 10th. Pedro Guerrero smashed a two run homer.

I came up with one out and Mike Henneman pitching. I hit one to left for a single. I advanced to 2nd on a Mike Aldrete single. I went to 3rd on a Chili fly ball. Steve Stanicek doubled and Mike and I both scored! Tie game! Then Rob hit one and Steve scored! Walk-off!

6-5 in 10!

I went 2 for 5 with two singles, two runs scored, and a stolen base. (#50!)

After the game we got word that Willie was sent down. Dave Miller was recalled in his stead. Dave is a young (ha!) rookie who had one (bad) start for us earlier this year. He hasn't been incredibly impressive in AAA. I wonder why Willie had to go down? He hasn't been THAT bad.

The Phillies are coming to town tomorrow.

Oh, hey! Doyle Alexander was named the NL Pitcher of the Month for May! He went 4-0, 2.03 , with 37 strikeouts!

Last edited by rpriske; 07-28-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:46 PM   #479
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 1st, 1988

We are kicking off June with the Phillies and Kevin Gross (3-4, 3.86).

The Giants are pitching Bruce Ruffin (7-2, 2.62).

I have gone 3 for 25 vs Gross.

Things went sideways really fast. In the top of the 1st Juan Samuel hit a one out Grand Slam.

Phillies lead 4-0

I led off the home half by working a walk. I scored on a Mike Aldrete double. Chili Davis followed with a two run dinger.

Phillies lead 4-3

I led off the home 3rd by reaching on an error by Dwight Evans at 1st. I went to 2nd on a ground out by Mike. I stole #51 and scored when Ron Hassey threw it away. Making things happen!

Game tied 4-4

They got the lead right back when Samuel scored on a Bill Madlock sac fly in the 4th. Then Gary Templeton scored on a Hassey single. Nestor pulled Bruce for Frank Williams. He got out of the inning.

Phillies lead 6-4

In the 5th Evan scored on a Bo Jackson single. Jackson and Samuel scored on a Madlock single. Madlock scored on a Gross single (in more ways than one).
That was it for Frank. Nestor went to Mark Davis.

Phillies lead 10-4.

I came up with one out in the 5th and outran a dribbler for an infield single. Stolen base #52. Stolen base #53. I tried to run Mike's flyball into a sac fly but Tim Raines threw me out.

They kept at it in the 6th. Wayne Gross scored on a Templeton double.

Phillies lead 11-4

I came up with two out in the 7th and dropped in shallow left centre for a single. Stolen base #54. No more.

Mark Clear took over in the 8th. John Rabb and Tom O'Malley took over at 2B and 1B after pinch hitting.
I finally made a defensive play that frame, getting a Kevin Gross grounder for the 3rd out.

I then took a Jerry Royster grounder for the 1st out in the 9th.

In our last hacks, I came up with one out and Tom on 1st. Bob James was now pitching. I hit into a fielder's choice. Jerry Mumphrey got a pinch hit single, moving me to 2nd. Chili hit his 2nd homer of the night!

That was all we could get, though, and lost 11-7.

I went 2 for 4 with two singles, a walk, three runs scored, and FOUR stolen bases.

The Reds are only a half game back. We need to do better than that.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:01 PM   #480
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 2nd, 1988

Today the Phillies are pitching LaMarr Hoyt (3-3, 5.70).

The Giants are going with Bryan Hickerson (3-2, 4.22).

I have only faced Hoyt once, but I am 1 for 1!

I led off the bottom half by grounding it right back to Hoyt on the first pitch.

I got the 1st out in the 2nd off a Bo Jackson grounder.

In our half Chris Brown scored on an Alan Cockrell single.

Giants lead 1-0

I led off for us in the 3rd by striking out.
Chili went deep that inning!

Giants lead 2-0

In the 5th Juan Samuel scored on a Darren Daulton single. I grabbed a Hoyt grounder to end the inning.

Giants lead 2-1

I came up with two out in the 5th and punched one through the left side for a single. Stolen base #55 and an extra base when Dalton threw it away. I didn't get any further.

In the 6th I blew it, dropping an easy grounder to allow Dwight Evans to get aboard. Luckily they didn't get anything out of it.

In the 7th Chris scored on a single by Alan.
I came up with one out and Bobby Grich on 3rd and Alan on 2nd. I grounded out to Juan Samuel but Bobby scored.

Giants lead 4-1

Dennis Eckerlsey took over with two out and man on in the 8th. He stranded the runner. Then he got his three in the 9th for the game and save.

I went 1 for 4 with a single, RBI, stolen base... and an error.

Juan Samuel was on a 22 game hitting streak and Bryan ended it.