Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:30 AM   #121
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenanja View Post
Having the same problem on Jan 9th, 2016, NHL league expanded. After constantly being sent to my ECHL team with each message about being below the salary floor I decided to check the ECHL team's finances. Most teams in that league had a cap of $350,000 to $400,000. My team's cap (and one other) was at $116 million. Quite a difference.

It seemed to me that the difference between $116 million and a team salary of $199,000 could be the cause. So, I decided to edit a player and gave him a 10 million dollar raise. Clicked on "finish today" and Voila! The game moved ahead to the next day.

Hopefully there will be a fix to the issue, and it would be better if we could simply edit the team info (salary cap) to put it back in line. But for now I can hopefully continue to push this expansion squad (22-23-2, 9th place) into the playoffs.
Malte was looking at the ECHL cap floor issues today, but it looks like this might be a little bigger than we thought and I'm not sure the solution we decided on is going to fix this. We'll have to do some more checking tomorrow.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:34 AM   #122
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
Maybe minor but . . . playing in ECHL. When players are assigned from AHL players on ECHL active roster are randomly moved to reserve list. Requires me to move them back and notes the move to reserve list in player history - doesn't take long for it to look ugly.

Can players be added to active roster - putting team illegal until manager makes required roster moves. Less work for owner & keeps history logs cleaner.
Which ECHL team? I thought I'd set them all up with de facto farm teams in the lower leagues so they'd behave better when that sort of situation occurs, rather than running into issues with the reserve list.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #123
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
If it decides it needs those regions scouted, it'll use some guys out of region if necessary. Is it doing completely illogical things like assigning guys to an area not in their region when there's a local guy available, or just trying to cover its scouting targets with the staff it has?
Yeah, it's sending Europe-based scouts to the US, US-based scouts to Canada, Canada-based scouts to Europe, etc. when they could each be in their home regions.
jinkorjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:17 AM   #124
glacius
Bat Boy

Quote:
Can I have a few more details about how you set up your league? Is it modern, historical, or fictional? Did you expand it at some point?
If you need my games archived with both 2018 with no players to draft and the 2019 that you can draft players please let me know .
glacius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:22 AM   #125
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkorjap View Post
Yeah, it's sending Europe-based scouts to the US, US-based scouts to Canada, Canada-based scouts to Europe, etc. when they could each be in their home regions.
OK, definitely not supposed to be doing that, I'll check the logic.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:24 AM   #126
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacius View Post
If you need my games archived with both 2018 with no players to draft and the 2019 that you can draft players please let me know .
Yes, please. Uploading directions here, or put it on a filesharing site and PM me the link.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:04 AM   #127
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

I ran into a small issue on the tactic screen yesterday. When moving the players around the ice two of them were moved onto the same square. The two player markers then became the same player (same number and hover gave the details for only one). Trying to drag one out then caused it to take on other players on the ice and became their number. Was easy to back out and start again though to fix.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:52 AM   #128
glacius
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yes, please. Uploading directions here, or put it on a filesharing site and PM me the link.

Sorry to ask do you need the whole savegame.lg folder ?
glacius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:58 AM   #129
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacius View Post
Sorry to ask do you need the whole savegame.lg folder ?
Yeah, just zip/rar it all up.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:04 AM   #130
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenanja View Post
Having the same problem on Jan 9th, 2016, NHL league expanded. After constantly being sent to my ECHL team with each message about being below the salary floor I decided to check the ECHL team's finances. Most teams in that league had a cap of $350,000 to $400,000. My team's cap (and one other) was at $116 million. Quite a difference.

It seemed to me that the difference between $116 million and a team salary of $199,000 could be the cause. So, I decided to edit a player and gave him a 10 million dollar raise. Clicked on "finish today" and Voila! The game moved ahead to the next day.

Hopefully there will be a fix to the issue, and it would be better if we could simply edit the team info (salary cap) to put it back in line. But for now I can hopefully continue to push this expansion squad (22-23-2, 9th place) into the playoffs.
Please upload this save, I will look into it.

Here are the upload instructions: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #131
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Which ECHL team? I thought I'd set them all up with de facto farm teams in the lower leagues so they'd behave better when that sort of situation occurs, rather than running into issues with the reserve list.
Toledo was my example. Is there a way to view a team's farm teams?

May be necessary for the engine but it's odd to see an ECHL team with a full roster, 2 healthy scratches and then 6-8 players on a reserve list. Truly the ECHL team should have to search for the best available talent in the FHL, SPHL or similar - but those roster moves need to be able to be made same day in order to stay legal.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #132
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Phantom of the Opera looking players in Facegen?

Couple of things....started a new game in the WHL at Tri-Cities. Am just set up as GM and not in Commissioner Mode. Players for any team I look at look like they have the Phantom of the Opera masks on in a somewhat transparent blue-black. Parts of the faces that can be seen look like corpses. Did not see this on the thread and wondered if anyone else had a similar problem? Using a HP ProBook laptop.

Also when game first was installing was told I did not have enough RAM at 1024 but the computer info says I have plenty?

Thanks for your time....truly appreciated!
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #133
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
Toledo was my example. Is there a way to view a team's farm teams?

May be necessary for the engine but it's odd to see an ECHL team with a full roster, 2 healthy scratches and then 6-8 players on a reserve list. Truly the ECHL team should have to search for the best available talent in the FHL, SPHL or similar - but those roster moves need to be able to be made same day in order to stay legal.
Ah, found the problem. Looks like I missed entering the parent team data for the team (Peoria) I planned to set as Toledo's SPHL "affiliate". Fixed now, it wont make it into the first patch but should be there for the second. To see if a team has farm teams, just click its name on the team dropdown list, if it has any they'll be listed right under it, separated by a line from the other teams.

I also talked to Malte and asked if we could change the signing rules slightly - right now, you can sign a free agent instantly during the regular season if he agrees to terms, but the guys on other teams, even leagues you'd normally be able to grab them from in the offseason (like the ECHL from the SPHL or FHL), are off limits. You should be able to sign guys upwards in the minors like you're saying, hopefully we can do that.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #134
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

Player (Seabrook) was signed as an FA on 7/1(one-year deal); same player was traded on same day (7/1) to another team!

also, seems like there are too many one-year deals for big ticket (e.g. young stars) players. not to mention that one of those one-year deals was a one-year KHL deal for Kopitar at half of what he should be paid (3.8 mil).

Last edited by jinkorjap; 10-01-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #135
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

A player (Lack) was traded 4 times in less than 8 months.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #136
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

Literally only one FA signing showed up in the league news (Seabrook). No mention of other big signings.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #137
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

After second year, buyout period occurred where several superstar/star players had their contracts bought out. The issue wasn't the ratings either, as these were 4-4.5 * players. See list:

P. Kane
S. Weber
C. Perry
B. Ryan
Old 10-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #138
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

I turned the injuries way down to 0.60 and I'm still seeing far too many injuries. The term is almost always 3-4 weeks.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #139
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

I noticed that when i sign a prospect to an entry level contract but send them back to juniors after preseason, a year of their entry level contract gets used up.
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #140
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkorjap View Post
After second year, buyout period occurred where several superstar/star players had their contracts bought out. The issue wasn't the ratings either, as these were 4-4.5 * players. See list:

P. Kane
S. Weber
C. Perry
B. Ryan
That's the compliance buyout, to allow AI teams a chance to dump some expensive contracts every few years. I've adjusted the way it selects players in the patch, but it's still going to need some more work to prevent it from being used on players who are too good.