Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
Darviathar
Minors (Single A)

Missing runners on first base

I realize this is a bug and belongs in that section, but didn't get a response there, and am in the midst of trying to get 80+ games played in the next two weeks. The name of any runner that reaches first base is not currently shown in my OOTP 14 game. This has happened before, and seemed to resolve itself if I changed the screen resolution, but that hasn't worked this time. I'd really like to resolve this, but nothing I've tried has worked to this point.
Darviathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but I won't hurt to try. The next game you play, when a runner reaches first base, start moving the widgets around so you can look behind them. I have had this occur with a fielder before and it was hidden behind the field.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

It also may be completely off the viewable area of the game screen, in which case you'll want to check the ballpark editor and change the coordinates manually.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
Darviathar
Minors (Single A)

I moved the first baseman's name into the stands and the runner name still doesn't show up. What can I change for the stadium values to "reset" this?
Old 04-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I'm not sure if this is the problem, but I won't hurt to try. The next game you play, when a runner reaches first base, start moving the widgets around so you can look behind them. I have had this occur with a fielder before and it was hidden behind the field.
Yeah, not a bug just an issue with widget location.

See how it can happen below.
Attached Images

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
Darviathar
Minors (Single A)

How can I move a widget that I cannot see any part of?
Old 04-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darviathar View Post
What you move is widgets you can see. For example, the playing field, the play by play box, the lineups, the pitcher info box etc.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #8
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darviathar View Post
If the widget is off the screen:

1. Go to the ballpark editor for that park.

2. Click on the pictures and coordinates tab

3. Edit the X and Y coordinates for the "runner on first" listing. Just put in numbers that are fairly close to one of the runner widgets that you can see so that it shows up, and then move the widget to where you actually want it.

4. If this is happening in every park, you may need to repeat these steps for each park, or else pick the "Assign coordinates & ball locations to all parks" option from the action menu. But be aware that doing this will duplicate the location of every player widget and ball location coordinate for all parks in your entire universe. So if you've customized ball locations for each park in minute detail, this will mess all that up.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #9
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Isn't there a menu item that allows you to reset coordinate and ball coordinates?
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote