Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-31-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I no longer see an option to create or clone a player

I thought I saw the optionso create a player in the Free Agent list at the bottom? Was I mistaken?

Also, I no longer see the option to Clone a player under the Action tab when a player screen is up.

I know I've done this before in my 2013 (and on) league, so did I uncheck some option by mistake in this league?

Thanks

Lee
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
I thought I saw the optionso create a player in the Free Agent list at the bottom? Was I mistaken?

Also, I no longer see the option to Clone a player under the Action tab when a player screen is up.

I know I've done this before in my 2013 (and on) league, so did I uncheck some option by mistake in this league?

Thanks

Lee
I believe this is because you are not assuming commissioner powers in your Manager Menu, first.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Thanks...I will do that.

One last question....after cloning a player, where does that player go and what name is given him?

I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Free Agents, unless he's draft eligible then he goes to the draft pool. It gives him a random name, but will tell you what it names them if I'm not mistaken. If not I find it best to generate players as DH's since the AI doesn't use the DH position so the generated player(s) will be the only ones there.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Thanks...I just ran into a problem. I went into Add/Edit Human Manager and the commish option is grayed out?

Is there some other secret toggle I need to switch on?

Thx
Old 03-31-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks...I just ran into a problem. I went into Add/Edit Human Manager and the commish option is grayed out?

Is there some other secret toggle I need to switch on?

Thx
It has to be set on creation of the manager. I always create one "commish" manager for just such a purpose.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Old 03-31-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Okay...I created another manager. However, I can't get him to manage the team I want (Pirates). I can't delete the original manager, so I retired him. However, despite that, the new commish/manager is unable to change teams now. I had to give him the Tigers.

I tried another league and tried to delete the original manager first, but it wouldn't let me.

???????????
Old 03-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

What I do is create one commish manager. He stays unassigned and I switch to him whenever I need to change something. After that I create a regular manager I plan to play with then assign him a team.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:18 PM   #9
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

I just actually looked and how it works is any manager marked as a commish can mark any other manager as commish or assign them to a team. A manager not assigned to commissioner mode cannot mark other managers as a commissioner or assign other managers to teams.

Hopefully that's clear.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:36 PM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks...I will do that.

One last question....after cloning a player, where does that player go and what name is given him?

I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanmatt View Post
Free Agents, unless he's draft eligible then he goes to the draft pool. It gives him a random name, but will tell you what it names them if I'm not mistaken. If not I find it best to generate players as DH's since the AI doesn't use the DH position so the generated player(s) will be the only ones there.
Unless I'm missing something here, foo's asking about cloning a player, not creating one. The cloned player goes into FA pool with the very same name as the player he cloned. Everything about him is the same, except he's not on the team.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #11
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Unless I'm missing something here, foo's asking about cloning a player, not creating one. The cloned player goes into FA pool with the very same name as the player he cloned. Everything about him is the same, except he's not on the team.

Good catch. I wasn't paying close enough attention. What I said applies to created players.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #12
Leefoo
Major Leagues

endgame/mega...asking about both.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #13
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanmatt View Post
I just actually looked and how it works is any manager marked as a commish can mark any other manager as commish or assign them to a team. A manager not assigned to commissioner mode cannot mark other managers as a commissioner or assign other managers to teams.

Hopefully that's clear.
I am just not seeing that. When I go to Edit/Add a Manager, I get these screens (btw, the Commish is now named LeeFoo2...didn't feel like another screenshot:

The screen on top is my screen, the screen on the bottom is the commish's screen.

I cannot do several things:

1)I cannot make LeeFoo the commish, nor make LeeFoo2 the ex-commish.

2) I cannot make either one the manager of the Pirates or Tigers again since retiring them (I tried that option because I was hoping that was how to get one or the other as the commish). I was managing the Bucs, but I couldn't make myself commish (why not????). So I created LeeFoo2 and made him commish, but he managed the Tigers. It was awkward to have to switch to the Tigers to make commisionarial changes. So, I thought if I retired the original LeeFoo, LeeFoo2 could take over the Bucs. WRONG!

How do leagues do this? If Fred is the commissioner of a league and wants to retire from being a commish, but still wants to play in the league, how does he 'hand' it to Bob, who won't mind all the headaches that comes with being a commish.

Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Leefoo; 04-01-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #14
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I figured it out...I had to apply for a job, which freed up the Pirates.

I then, as LeeFoo2, took back my rightful throne on the Bucco GM seat.

What a convoluted way of doing it? You'd think that, if a manager retired, it would free up that team?

oh well...bottom line is that I figured it out....I think...now, I'm trying to figure out how I did it for my other leagues.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #15
Leefoo
Major Leagues

This is why I can't find a cloned player!

After doing it, I get this screen!!! WTH????

What is this players' name? I cloned a 70/70 pitcher, but I see no 70/70 pitcher in the FA list or on any team (or the Bucs).
Attached Images
Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #16
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

All clones are named Boba Fett.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #17
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

He shoudl have the same name as the player you cloned.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #18
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
All clones are named Boba Fett.
Hey! That's the name of my SS....Bob Fett.