Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Issue with Importing Players

I had to import a couple of players from the MLB quickstart rosters to my online league's rosters to fill out a couple of 40-man rosters. I exported the MLB QS rosters to a text file, opened it with Excel, and copied and pasted the players into my online league rosters, which are in .csv format. I then saved the .csv file to my online league's import/export folder and imported the updated rosters. The players imported, no problem. Hoever, after that, I did a database purge because I had recently gone through the database and gotten rid of a bunch of fictional players and retirees. When I went back into my league, those players I had imported had disappeared. So, I went back through the same process of importing them, only this time the importing didn't work. The game says the rosters imported correctly but the players don't show up. I tried this several times but with no success. Did the purge database function do something to prevent this? Thanks in advance for any help.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Ike348
All Star Starter

Check the player IDs. You can't edit the roster csv to add a player if there is no player already in the game with the same ID.

What I do is create x amount of fictional players if I want to copy over x amount of players from a different roster file. Export the rosters for both leagues, and edit the players to import's IDs to match the fictional players. Delete (or paste over) the fictional players and paste the MLB players in their spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #3
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Yeah I forgot to add that I checked the player IDs so that there aren't duplicates when I try to import them. I'll try the way you suggested and see if that works. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
Ike348
All Star Starter

Issue with Importing Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Yeah I forgot to add that I checked the player IDs so that there aren't duplicates when I try to import them. I'll try the way you suggested and see if that works. Thanks.

Duplicates aren't the issue (well, they can be, but it's not the most important). Importing a player with an ID of 1001 when the highest player ID before the roster export is 1000 is.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Duplicates aren't the issue (well, they can be, but it's not the most important). Importing a player with an ID of 1001 when the highest player ID before the roster export is 1000 is.
Why is that?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Why is that?

Because it doesn't recognize new IDs through a roster import. That is why when you purged the DB, it got rid of the players. You have to create the new players in-game and essentially edit them by copying over the new players.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Because it doesn't recognize new IDs through a roster import. That is why when you purged the DB, it got rid of the players. You have to create the new players in-game and essentially edit them by copying over the new players.
Yeah, you're right about that.

OBSL, dunno if you have your old PM's saved, if so I'm pretty sure I explained the whole deal with the id's and importing etc to you in a PM a while ago. You may want to look it up as I'm too busy/lazy to go into the whole explanation again.

Short version, you can't mix and match id's from multiple dbs. When adding new players you have to overwrite players who are already in the db and who have ids already assigned.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Yeah, you're right about that.

OBSL, dunno if you have your old PM's saved, if so I'm pretty sure I explained the whole deal with the id's and importing etc to you in a PM a while ago. You may want to look it up as I'm too busy/lazy to go into the whole explanation again.

Short version, you can't mix and match id's from multiple dbs. When adding new players you have to overwrite players who are already in the db and who have ids already assigned.
Yeah, I do remember doing all that. I just thought since the imported players' IDs were within the ID parameters of my database, that they would import fine. Thanks for the help, guys!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #9
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

The importing is going fine now. But, why is it that the game erases every team's 40-man roster, lineups, and rotations whenever I import new players into the game? I have to save every team to an export file before I import anything and then re-import those team files after importing the new players. It's just a bit time-consuming.