Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Isedelyod Artist extraordinaire- The Isedelyod Interview

This forum member may not been a member as long as other local legends but is work on the modding field shows that he is a legend. We are all familair with his work, and if no we should be. here he is Isedelyod

When and what version did you start playing OOTP?
I began with OOTP 11. Stumbled across it in 2012 and joined an online league, which I enjoyed but it eventually disbanded. Fell in love with depth of the game and soon bought 13 and 14 and can’t wait for the release of 15.

What's feature of the game you love most?
There is so much to love. I must say I enjoy creating fictional worlds that use as many real players as I can get into the game. I am currently running a fictional world with 40 teams (with 10 more teams expected over the next 4-5 years). I am in the process of adding 3 fictional leagues into the world to compete with the Continental League. I enjoy the expansion drafts especially. But obviously over the past three months I have gotten into designing uniforms and this is what I have really gotten addicted to. I love both recreating existing uniforms and also creating my own fictional ones.

What's favorite baseball team (any league)?
I am a Canadian, so by default, the Blue Jays of course.

How old you?
38 years old.

Where are you originally from?
Born in Mississauga, Ontario but have been living in Prince Edward Island (smallest province in Canada!!!) since ’79.

Are you a family man?
Yes, married for 6 years on March 19. Have two beautiful children, Brennan (4) and Bella (1).

What do you for a living?
I teach 5th grade at a small, rural school.

Besides OOTP do you have any other hobbies or interest?
My main interest is baseball. I still actively play in a men’s senior league, although catching is taking a toll on the knees. I have also spent the past 9 years coaching our high performance teams at the 16-19 year old level. Participated in last summer’s Canada Summer Games which was fun, disregarding the 0-6 record. Tough to compete when you have a total population of 140,000 people compared to 13 million in Ontario. Still, a rewarding experience. I have stepped aside this sumer to spend time with my family.

Your known as a "modder" or "creator" what was the first you made for OOTP and do you still have it?
My first creation, after taking the plunge and downloading the trial version of PSP6, was a uniform set for Guinness Lager (people may remember my persistance with my thread regarding uniforms based on beer brands---I will re-visit this). I have learned a lot since making that set. I actually included it in my European Baseball Thread.

What individual item or project you made for OOTP are you most proud off that?
I enjoy re-creating uniforms that currently exist and enjoyed doing a number of summer collegiate leagues. But I think I am most proud of the set I created for my fictional European Baseball league. I based many teams on existing soccer and hockey teams in the regions, which seems to be the standard for many professional teams throughout Europe. This since spun-off into a fictional Australian Professional League and also a South American Professional League.

If the OOTP team asked you be a consultant what will you change, add or remove for new version of the game?
First would be
the inclusion of alternate uniforms. Perhaps Friday night homes and Sunday afternoon alternates and also spring training unis. Maybe not the most practical thing, but a guy can dream. Also, maybe 1-2 specialty uniforms through the season (turn back the clock or a novelty night --- but no tacky Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Link this to the financials of the team, as these novelty nights usually mean extra revenue.
Secondly would be a true Winter League/AFL. My thought would be to allow all human controlled teams to select x number of players to report to Winter League. Computer owned teams do the same (or commisioner could select them). Then winter league rosters are filled randomly from free agents in the league and also veteran major league players who were born in the Winter League country. I would also see this as a possibility for summer collegiate leagues. 3rd and 4th year NCAA players are randomly selected to play in summer leagues and you can follow their progress.

What other modder's work do you personally enjoy?
There are so many great ones, I hope I don’t leave anyone out. Although I don’t play historical seasons, I really love going through TXRanger’s amazing creations. He has also been great to share templates and give me pointers (as have so many others). I only use Justafan logos and have recently started using his great templates to make my own and stop pestering him. Deft and Gern for the wonderful templates that I use. Before I started creating, I had spent hours trolling the posts and downloading hundreds (maybe thousands) of unis. Thanks to Eriqjaffe, Cephasjames and Silvam for supplying me with so many great unis from their collections. Honorable Pawn has some great ideas and I love seeing his latest creations, as does Robo in his NCAA threads. And of course my native brethren, PWAL and Le Receveur are making great uniforms. Again, I know I have missed someone and I apologize in advance.

Is there any other game or show your currently enjoying you would like to let us know about?
I really don’t play anything else, aside from Lego Lord of the Rings on PS3 with my 4 year old son. Just finished Prison Break last week and started Homeland. All this as I wait for the new seasons of Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy (PS- the Redwood Reapers from Charming are in my fictional league; managed by Don Mattingly and owned by Jax Teller himself. Man I love this game!!!)

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 03-30-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
I like your idea about the uniforms but I love the idea of real winter leagues. Just sent MLB, MiLB and international players manually to winter leagues no need to have its own players.

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote