Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
pizzaddict
Minors (Double A)

How does AI react to no stats at start of season?

I created a new league, simmed a number of seasons to make sure the league was progressing how I wanted financially and statistically and then deleted the history. This left all players with no statistical history entering the current season.

My question is if I've set the AI to focus mainly on stats when making decisions what will happen if no stats exist for this season or any of the previous seasons. Do I need to change the setting to 100% ratings until I've built up a couple years of stats?
pizzaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaddict View Post
I created a new league, simmed a number of seasons to make sure the league was progressing how I wanted financially and statistically and then deleted the history. This left all players with no statistical history entering the current season.

My question is if I've set the AI to focus mainly on stats when making decisions what will happen if no stats exist for this season or any of the previous seasons. Do I need to change the setting to 100% ratings until I've built up a couple years of stats?
The person you want to ask on this is probably The Wolf. It would probably even be worth it to private message him and alert him of your post.

If it has to do with Stats-Only, he is the man you want. Sorry that I am unable to personally be of more assistance to you.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaddict View Post

I'm not a stats-only guy, but have considered it, but I am a no history guy and one of the small elements that has burned me time and again after I've erased league history, is forgetting to go clear the single game records screen...etc. If you haven't done this already, please check, as you will be disappointed to find the old players' stats still in there.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Even if ratings are set to 0%, the AI will still use ratings to determine year one lineups.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #5
pizzaddict
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I'm not a stats-only guy, but have considered it, but I am a no history guy and one of the small elements that has burned me time and again after I've erased league history, is forgetting to go clear the single game records screen...etc. If you haven't done this already, please check, as you will be disappointed to find the old players' stats still in there.
How do you delete the single game records, I don't see an option for that anywhere.

Edit: Nevermind. About 10 seconds after posting this I saw the obvious "Clear records" button at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by pizzaddict; 02-13-2014 at 11:06 PM. Reason: I'm blind
pizzaddict is offline   Reply With Quote