Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
pcbogert
Bat Boy

New user needs help

I am trying to create a league in which I am using 6 teams from the 1966 season. I start by creating a custom league, turning off all financials, trades, fictions, etc. I set the schedule.

When I go to play games, the rosters include players who were not on those teams. It appears as if free agents were signed, trades were made, etc.

Can someone help here?

Many thanks!
pcbogert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

To do this, you may need to create a custom league and manually import the teams from the historical database. Or, if you started with all the 1966 MLB teams, after you delete the ones you aren't going to use, go to the free agents list and use the mass select tool to select all the free agents and delete them.

Just keep in mind that any rashes of injuries could cause problems with teams not having enough depth to cover them.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
pcbogert
Bat Boy

Thanks. I will try that. I turned injuries off, so I should be ok.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Maybe you already noticed this but the fictional league tool automatically populates the rosters when you create the league. So if you delete the teams first, the players are ALL dumped into the FA pool. So, go to the "show all players" tab and select all for deletion as Mr. Rough Tough just explained.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
pcbogert
Bat Boy

Thanks. I tried starting from the historical game option rather than a custom game option. Then I edited out the teams I didn't want, deleted free agents, and so far so good.

Is there a way to select a game on the day's schedule, choose to manage one team vs. the computer manager, and then NOT have the other games scheduled for the day play? After playing one of the games on the schedule last night, the other game scheduled had been autoplayed.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbogert View Post
Is there a way to select a game on the day's schedule, choose to manage one team vs. the computer manager, and then NOT have the other games scheduled for the day play? After playing one of the games on the schedule last night, the other game scheduled had been autoplayed.
The thing to do is to go into Options & Preview before you start the first game, scroll down on the left side of the screen to Simulate World in Background, and select "No (disables Baseball News Network)." Now when you finish the first game, the other games will still be there, unplayed and waiting for you.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 01-19-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Take a refresher course in Grammar, Bruce!
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
pcbogert
Bat Boy

Thanks!