Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-04-2019, 08:12 AM   #21
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Just as an FYI.

Ozzie Smith played 1188 innings at 2B (132 games) and got his rating up to 94 at that position. He still should improve more next season.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #22
joehart
All Star Starter

The increase & rate of increase really seems to depend on the players defensive ratings.

I have a Vlad Jr in the other league that should max out at close to 80 but I don't see more than just a few pts gain/year. He played the entire year (158 games now) and is barely at 38.

I can report back around 200 games to see if he really gets to his max around that time or if it will take a few more years.

*Update: after 281 games, he climbed to 59 Defensive rating. Only another year or two to go.....

Last edited by joehart; 02-09-2019 at 12:46 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:16 PM   #23
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
The increase & rate of increase really seems to depend on the players defensive ratings.

I have a Vlad Jr in the other league that should max out at close to 80 but I don't see more than just a few pts gain/year. He played the entire year (158 games now) and is barely at 38.

I can report back around 200 games to see if he really gets to his max around that time or if it will take a few more years.
Vlady Jr is one of those guys you need to start training in Bronze, but no one except lucky pack-pullers get him that early with his massive price tag.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:40 PM   #24
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

do the new ratings carry over season to season?
can other ratings go DOWN if they don't play their normal position?
if you SELL a player with new position ratings does the person that buys him get to keep the new ratings or do they reset?
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:42 PM   #25
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
do the new ratings carry over season to season?
can other ratings go DOWN if they don't play their normal position?
if you SELL a player with new position ratings does the person that buys him get to keep the new ratings or do they reset?
Yes.
No.
Yes (keep them, but don't show on Auction listing)
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:25 PM   #26
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I think this might be a "dumb" question, but here it is. If a guy is rated 50 at shortstop on his card then is he stuck at 50 forever?

Or if he has a secondary position, say 2B, and is rated 30, is he stuck on 30?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:54 PM   #27
DrTobiasFunke
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I think this might be a "dumb" question, but here it is. If a guy is rated 50 at shortstop on his card then is he stuck at 50 forever?

Or if he has a secondary position, say 2B, and is rated 30, is he stuck on 30?
There's actually a few players, I think it's mostly the rookie sensations, that don't have their primary position ratings fully trained. So some players will progress a little farther in their primaries. Secondary positions are often not fully trained, so you should just see if their fielding skills don't match up with their position rating.

For quick reference (I'll just list the field skills in the order they effect positional ratings [i.e. 1st is most important])

RF- Arm, Range, Error
CF - Range, Error, Arm
LF - Range, Arm, Error
SS - Range, DP, Error, Arm
3rd - Arm, Range, Error (Left throwing arms get a huge penalty)
2nd - Range, Error, DP, Arm
1st - Range, Error, Height

LF, 1st and 3rd (RF to a lesser extent as well) seem to have position rating based more on experience than other positions.
DrTobiasFunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:39 PM   #28
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTobiasFunke View Post
There's actually a few players, I think it's mostly the rookie sensations, that don't have their primary position ratings fully trained. So some players will progress a little farther in their primaries. Secondary positions are often not fully trained, so you should just see if their fielding skills don't match up with their position rating.

For quick reference (I'll just list the field skills in the order they effect positional ratings [i.e. 1st is most important])

RF- Arm, Range, Error
CF - Range, Error, Arm
LF - Range, Arm, Error
SS - Range, DP, Error, Arm
3rd - Arm, Range, Error (Left throwing arms get a huge penalty)
2nd - Range, Error, DP, Arm
1st - Range, Error, Height

LF, 1st and 3rd (RF to a lesser extent as well) seem to have position rating based more on experience than other positions.
Out of curiosity, where do you find this information?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:42 AM   #29
DrTobiasFunke
Minors (Single A)

Oh, that's a little from trial and error, a little from sources around the forum and reddit. If you want to see the nitty gritty details, you can open up the player editor and experiment a little to see how the fielding ratings and experience add up to the positional rating.
DrTobiasFunke is offline   Reply With Quote