Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 5 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM 5 dynasties here!

Old 11-04-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Who's Your Greatest Fictional Player Ever?

For the Port Ruppert Mundys, who began as an expansion team in 2018/19, there is only one answer to that question now, and perhaps forever.

Matthew Savoie, a 5' 11", 208 lb. center, began his NHL career as an 18-year-old in 2022/23, announcing his arrival with a 99 point rookie season, and winning the Calder Trophy. He drew favorable comparisons to many of the greats, particularly Jean Beliveau, to whom he bears a striking resemblance (see picture). Unfortunately, Beliveau's number 4 was owned by a veteran Mundy,so Savoie opted for 7, in a nod to Rod Gilbert, an "Original Six" favorite of Savoie, a student of hockey history.

Only three years later, he capped a 105 point season by leading Port Ruppert to win the Stanley Cup in just the 8th year of the team's existence, scoring 17 goals and 26 assists, capturing the first of his two Conn Smythe trophies.

At the halfway point of his 19th season, Savoie is still producing, with 29 points in 40 games, logging about 14 minutes of ice time per game. His career, by the numbers:

6 Stanley Cups
14 All Star selections
8 100-point seasons
3 Hart Trophies
4 Ross Trophies
549 Goals
1210 Assists (5th all time)
289 Playoff Points (4th All Time)

Savoie's 1769 points place him 10th in NHL history, with further movement up the list within easy reach if his health and desire continue.

For all his physical gifts, it is Savoie's hockey IQ that has stood out for his only NHL coach, Ulysses Fairsmith III(picture below), the sole leader of the Mundys since their beginning. According to Fairsmith, Savoie "...knows the minds of his opponents and teammates better than they themselves do."
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:48 AM   #2
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
For the Port Ruppert Mundys, ...

I'm referring to the attached image on the left: how do you combine real life photos with jerseys??
I always thought it's only possible to use jerseys along with the plastic heads (how I call them)?!?
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:34 AM   #3
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Picture on the left...

It's a three step process. First you use a snipping tool to cut out a Face Gen photo from a player on the roster. Second, you find a photo and erase the background except for the head. I use Corel Photo, but I'm sure any such kind of program will work. Third, you erase the Face Gen head from the snipped picture and put them together. Then (oops that's four steps) you just import the photo into the game from the player's page.

See pictures below of Hasek to Sabres. If you need more help, let me know.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #4
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Aaaaahhhhhhhhh

I'm usually using real life mugshots, and always overlooked that the game creates (when facegen activated) that .png file with the jersey and the plastic head sitting on it.
I wanted to try this quite some time ago, but since I didn't recognize that .png file I never had a starting point (first step of your explanation as well).
Sometimes I need someone to push me to the right direction lol, thank you

So I quickly gave it a try.
Not always easy to get the head fitting properly there I guess? But that might just be a question (or lack) of practice/experience on my side lol.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-05-2018, 08:41 PM   #5
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Nice!

Glad to be of some help. Nice work. I like the helmet picture. And Gretzky looks so young! By the way, if I can't find a good color picture of a player, I convert the sweaters to black and white. See Jean Ratelle below. I think it looks kind of cool.
Attached Images
Old 11-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #6
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

I think the one with the helmet isn't too bad, but the second one is quite awful lol

The photo I used for the first one was shot on January 15th in 1984 >> https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/ne...hoto/158907291
So he's almost 23 there but you're right, he looks more like a 17 year old on that one.

I guess I'll stick with my mugshots. This requires a certain amount of work, and I barely have enough time to keep my mugshots up to date, so...
Maybe I'll do one here and there, just for the fun of it.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #7
oriolesmeep
Minors (Double A)

Hate to burst your bubble here, but Savoie is a real player. https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...matthew-savoie
oriolesmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:27 PM   #8
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Oops, I stand corrected.

Thanks for the heads up. Obviously, I made a mistake when I tried to find him. Must have hit a typo and didn't notice. Typed more carefully this time and found a video of him, wearing number 7. As a Ranger fan, I still like my back story about Rod Gilbert, though.

Hmmm, I wonder if I should send Jeff Gorton FHM's projection of his career.

By the way, if you squint until your vision blurs, you can make him appear Beliveau-like. He sure played like him.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 11-10-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #9
WingaDinga
Major Leagues

Paul Hart. He has the most points so far in my WHA revival sim.
WingaDinga is offline   Reply With Quote