Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:01 PM   #61
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I think Ruth doesn't always go first in drafts if teams with the first picks in them don't necessarily need him as either a pitcher or an outfielder, or at least at those times, especially if there are a lot of great players available in the same draft, like much better pitchers, for example. I don't mind not seeing him go first in drafts when he appears, in fact. The game just knows him and everyone else as mere data, mainly, I think. So it may not always pick him first in drafts where there's at least some picks that are autopicked, as a result, during them.

I think that sort of thing happens in relation to many other players from time to time, when historical players, at least, are involved, as well. But that may not necessarily be a bad thing here at all, just the same, for it may sometimes make things more interesting and/or challenging, quite possibly, AJ. That's how I see things here of that nature, or at least how I do see them right now, anyway. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:22 AM   #62
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Well, not to create a moving target but last weekend I added career TZ/DER fielding values to the draft values of all players. This basically doubles Tinkers value for instance. Previously defense counted for 0 value. Until OOTP19 this data did not exist in the game database so it was not used. Now it does so it is.

You will see the results in the next update or two I'd imagine.
Thanks for all you do Chuck!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:32 AM   #63
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK folks, I made some tweaks, in the first 5 rounds of any draft the AI will go purely by draft value and positions needed (so it does not pick three 1B in the first 5 rounds) if the use of predefined draft value is enabled. That, together with Chuck's fixes to the values, will hopefully solve this issue with the next patch
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:52 AM   #64
Reed
All Star Starter

Thank You Markus.
Nothing but major good stuff this week. Tweaks coming to the draft, new patch fixed issues I was having with depth chart, fatigue, much improved 3D movement. Another poster gave his simple solution to the problem of inaugural year that players missed IRL later showing up with their career stats included in your leagues stats.
Zero complaints on a great game.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #65
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Damn for years like Prince, Spritze was just Spritze. In fact, I figured at some point he would change his name to % or !. But, today we learn he is Chuck. Probably even has a last name. What's next , Santa isn't real?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:07 AM   #66
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Damn for years like Prince, Spritze was just Spritze. In fact, I figured at some point he would change his name to % or !. But, today we learn he is Chuck. Probably even has a last name. What's next , Santa isn't real?
oh, Santa is real, just as Spritze is real. Just not who we think they should be, i suspect.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #67
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OK folks, I made some tweaks, in the first 5 rounds of any draft the AI will go purely by draft value and positions needed (so it does not pick three 1B in the first 5 rounds) if the use of predefined draft value is enabled. That, together with Chuck's fixes to the values, will hopefully solve this issue with the next patch
Thank you for this and everything else the entire staff does for all of us that are addicted to this masterful creation. You just gave me more time to figure out all my mistakes in my test league. Believe me I need all the time and help I can get......
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:46 PM   #68
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Thank you for this and everything else the entire staff does for all of us that are addicted to this masterful creation. You just gave me more time to figure out all my mistakes in my test league. Believe me I need all the time and help I can get......
what that man just said ....
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:15 AM   #69
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
35 days and counting.....
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:55 AM   #70
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
35 days and counting.....
Not waitin' on it anymore. Doin' my own draft values and lovin' it. It works for me, but I realize that it wouldn't work for everybody. My drafts are more dispersals than drafts since I started using it, but I'm fine with that as I don't manage a team these days. I'm just commissioner/god/official historian/chronicler of my random debut league.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #71
Scoman
All Star Starter

From what I've seen in my initial testing this issue seems to be fixed in Version 19.6.53... It really is important to people who play using this feature.

I wanted to thank Spritze and Markus for taking the time to get to the bottom of the issue and fixing it.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:03 PM   #72
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
From what I've seen in my initial testing this issue seems to be fixed in Version 19.6.53... It really is important to people who play using this feature.

I wanted to thank Spritze and Markus for taking the time to get to the bottom of the issue and fixing it.
Good to hear. I know how important it is, and the headaches that it causes when it's not right. Kills immersion to see a player that you think is a lesser talent go ahead of a guy you think is better than him. Also I second the thank you to Spritze and Markus, who are awesome at what they do (even if Spritze has retired).

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:55 PM   #73
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

"Every day and in every way OOTP gets better and better."
Old 06-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #74
Scoman
All Star Starter

It seems now the ...Retire players according to history option....is not working correctly when checked.

Someone else might want to check this on their machine to verify.....

This is with the default vanilla historical database....

Last edited by Scoman; 06-03-2018 at 02:56 PM.