Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #1
JDME
Bat Boy

Regret I bought this game

I like the concept of the game and it is quite interesting but there is some major issues that make the game annoying and hardly worth playing.

1 .Players leave for national teams way to often, there is tournaments almost every 2nd month and my team will be missing 3-4 top players very often. No way in reality that team would allow that.

2. Players reach 3,5 stars in SHL then refuses to sign with team.

3. Players leaves for NHL without any compensation while under contract.

4. The amount of foringers in team are not up to date in some leagues.
JDME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #2
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You shouldn't regret getting it, it's an awesome game. Although I would like the option to refuse to allow players to play for national teams even if it came with a chance of making the player mad.
QTRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

This happens in the off season I discovered. If you don't set your team up before training camp you'll find a lot of your core players playing in other leagues. Make sure to set your team up as soon as you're done in free agency and before training camp and this doesn't happen.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDME View Post
I like the concept of the game and it is quite interesting but there is some major issues that make the game annoying and hardly worth playing.

1 .Players leave for national teams way to often, there is tournaments almost every 2nd month and my team will be missing 3-4 top players very often. No way in reality that team would allow that.

2. Players reach 3,5 stars in SHL then refuses to sign with team.

3. Players leaves for NHL without any compensation while under contract.

4. The amount of foreigners in team are not up to date in some leagues.
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues, but a couple of questions,

(1) What players are leaving? I know there are some tournaments that would take players away and do. But I can't think of any that should be repeatingly take players away unless they fall under the guise of multiple banners (say a 17 year old who players in the under 17, and under 20 and still makes a National Squad).

(2) Why are they refusing to sign? Does it say? Had you previously reneged on an offer? Were they drafted elsewhere? etc.

(3) Players who leave should give you additional money in your finances. But that's all you would get.

(4) What league is incorrect?
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #5
JDME
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues, but a couple of questions,

(1) What players are leaving? I know there are some tournaments that would take players away and do. But I can't think of any that should be repeatingly take players away unless they fall under the guise of multiple banners (say a 17 year old who players in the under 17, and under 20 and still makes a National Squad).

(2) Why are they refusing to sign? Does it say? Had you previously reneged on an offer? Were they drafted elsewhere? etc.

(3) Players who leave should give you additional money in your finances. But that's all you would get.

(4) What league is incorrect?
(1) Mainly players from my 1st and 2nd line and the starting goalie a total of 3-4 players usually. They leave for every tournament even at end of season during playoff race. When they leave they leave for National Team. Two tournamnets during november, one in december, one in march and one in april and maybe another one if they are non swedish players.

(2) They say not interested, mainly when I try i extend contract during season. Also junior players in my farm team refuses to sign with my team saying "not interested" wich i find strage. This happens quite often.

(3) I have not noticed any money in my finaces but I will check next time.

(4) Swedish leagues has removed the limit on foreinger players, but in game there is a limit of 5 Hockeyallsvenskan and 8 i think in SHL.
JDME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #6
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

The reason for 1 is the poor scheduling of the international tournaments. There should be a better match between so called IIHF windows and leagues schedule. It's not technically a bug, just that some schedules should be reworked.

2) In the KHL I have never experienced this, frankly. I could pretty much renew contracts at will if we don't count the obvious money limit. Never tried the SHL though.

3) Again, never tried the SHL.

4) Some Euro leagues still have artificial limits to avoid teams going berserk and have 18 foreigners on team. I appreciate that it's not technically correct, but it's better that way than getting ugly rosters until the AI gets retuned to the way that it can deal with absence of foreign limits. The "other hockey sim", by the way, suffers from the same problem.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
Vopat
Minors (Single A)

I would love an option to turn all or selected tournaments off.
Vopat is offline   Reply With Quote