Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Mattitude29
Bat Boy

Can players play on multiple lines?

I ask as I've had 3 injuries and now I can't sign NOBODY to complete the lineup!! Surely a player can play say forward lines 2 and 4???
Mattitude29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #2
tictacktoe5
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As far as I know, you cannot double shift your forwards/d-man.
tictacktoe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

the ai seems to like to do this. sometimes having one player playing on every line or two d pairings, or if its feeling extra frisky, all three forward spots on a single line!
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
edtheguy
Minors (Single A)

You can't set double shifts in the team line setup between games, but once you start a game in the match engine you can set one player to as many spots as you would like - but I don't know how the match engine actually handles this (I like to be a GM and not a coach so I just sim through each period and check the results)
edtheguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtheguy View Post
You can't set double shifts in the team line setup between games, but once you start a game in the match engine you can set one player to as many spots as you would like - but I don't know how the match engine actually handles this (I like to be a GM and not a coach so I just sim through each period and check the results)
He'll play the shifts, but if the icetime is left at the starting duration, he'll pick up a lot more fatigue, so you'd probably want to rebalance the time as well.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #6
edtheguy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
He'll play the shifts, but if the icetime is left at the starting duration, he'll pick up a lot more fatigue, so you'd probably want to rebalance the time as well.
That's kind of what I thought, I only stumbled across double shifting when the computer manager put one in because of an injury during a game. Then I think I used it as a last ditch effort in an elimination game (didn't work, still lost iirc) but I haven't tried a non injury necessitated double shift since because I didn't want to have overly fatigued players on a nightly basis, I figure that can't lead to anything good.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
Mattitude29
Bat Boy

It's a serious problem! I'm in the British EPL and I cannot sign ANY British players as there arn't any PLUS any foreigners can't be signed as I already have 4!
Mattitude29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #8
edtheguy
Minors (Single A)

I played about seven seasons with the EPL, and there's definitely a shortage of available non-foreigners, I had to run with just 3 lines a few times (set line 4 to zero minutes).

Also, iirc welsh and scottish and.... irish? players are not foreigners (usually they are were gone for me too, but you do have to search for them separately from british players).