Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
dmytron

Bugs to be corrected in the next patch

Instead of whining, let's put in this thread list of bugs that have to be fixed. And let's put them in numerical order, like

Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
tward13
All Star Starter

Or, post them on the thread already set-up for Bug Reports. It's in the Technical Issues area. Better to have them all in one place, especially where the developers are more likely to go look for them?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3565758
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
dmytron

Oops.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
sprague
All Star Starter

Actually the OP has a good idea
but the big problems are not just bugs or game crashing
as mentioned there is a thread for that

the entire foundation has no accuracy to how hockey is played,
if he askedto listed all the things in this game why it does not represent hockey realism, then the thread could have merit

but its going to be a very long list
and actually from the responses to others posts and threads i see out there, i am not sure the community really wants an accurate simulation of hockey- there seems to be no demand save for a handful of posters

you cant blame the developers later if the game doesn't make it a year due to no one buying it from lack of realism, if those closest to them didn't demand it,
a little was being presented in the beta stage but it was mostly ignored

to my eyes bugs and crashes are minor..they can be fixed, and i am sure will be
a flawed foundation in the sim engine is a major problem, flawed game results, improper generation of game and player stats

not as much right now- but as the game is going beyond ootp players to knowledgeable hockey people- it's not going to be well received
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Actually the OP has a good idea
but the big problems are not just bugs or game crashing
as mentioned there is a thread for that

the entire foundation has no accuracy to how hockey is played,
if he askedto listed all the things in this game why it does not represent hockey realism, then the thread could have merit

but its going to be a very long list
and actually from the responses to others posts and threads i see out there, i am not sure the community really wants an accurate simulation of hockey- there seems to be no demand save for a handful of posters

you cant blame the developers later if the game doesn't make it a year due to no one buying it from lack of realism, if those closest to them didn't demand it,
a little was being presented in the beta stage but it was mostly ignored

to my eyes bugs and crashes are minor..they can be fixed, and i am sure will be
a flawed foundation in the sim engine is a major problem, flawed game results, improper generation of game and player stats

not as much right now- but as the game is going beyond ootp players to knowledgeable hockey people- it's not going to be well received
i am working on the players myself actully in the nhl to get them to a point of as close as they can be in real life.and ive got some that does realy close to what they usually produce in a season.ive posted some changes ive done to a very few players in the swedish forum but no one responded so i have to test everything myself which takes loads of time and is very hard when you dont know every player on every team
Aliean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
i am working on the players myself actully in the nhl to get them to a point of as close as they can be in real life.and ive got some that does realy close to what they usually produce in a season.ive posted some changes ive done to a very few players in the swedish forum but no one responded so i have to test everything myself which takes loads of time and is very hard when you dont know every player on every team
thanks for the reply
and i wish you well with that, the ratings need a re do for sure

actually the player ratings are a minor thing if the game wont mirror whats there. the game is more attuned to european hockey than north america-

how do playmakers impact a game? they don't seem to get assists, so they seem not involved, but just giving them a stat after a goal may mean they are still not impacting the game itself?

how does hitting impact the play? lucic, wendel and scott stevens can change an entire game with a big hit. what is happening in that area

what will enforcers do. there were 2 reasons gretzky had so many points in edmonton. 1 he was a great offensive player. 2 sather made sure he was surrounded by semenko, mcclelland, mcsorley, jackson, lemley. its a reason wayne has such a long career while the less protected lemieux did not. this is a factor.

changing ratings for players to recieve penalties is not that key if the game wont generate the right situations to provide those penalties- where are the misconducts, game misconducts, 279 pim games?
and those penalties, altercations have to mean something not just as window dressing. there should be an option for players to click off fights and brawls if they want (with of course penaties no longer being accurate) but it cant be ignored as it is a component of the overall facet of hockey- a more important one than non players understand
Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
GMO123
Major Leagues

This is behind the scene stuff or how the actual sim is coded.
Only the those who know the actual software coding can really tell us if all these factors are taken into consideration.
Hopefully these factors are taken into consideration and they all have an impact, though the degree of impact may have to be tweaked to get better realism.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
thanks for the reply
and i wish you well with that, the ratings need a re do for sure

actually the player ratings are a minor thing if the game wont mirror whats there. the game is more attuned to european hockey than north america-

how do playmakers impact a game? they don't seem to get assists, so they seem not involved, but just giving them a stat after a goal may mean they are still not impacting the game itself?

how does hitting impact the play? lucic, wendel and scott stevens can change an entire game with a big hit. what is happening in that area

what will enforcers do. there were 2 reasons gretzky had so many points in edmonton. 1 he was a great offensive player. 2 sather made sure he was surrounded by semenko, mcclelland, mcsorley, jackson, lemley. its a reason wayne has such a long career while the less protected lemieux did not. this is a factor.

changing ratings for players to recieve penalties is not that key if the game wont generate the right situations to provide those penalties- where are the misconducts, game misconducts, 279 pim games?
and those penalties, altercations have to mean something not just as window dressing. there should be an option for players to click off fights and brawls if they want (with of course penaties no longer being accurate) but it cant be ignored as it is a component of the overall facet of hockey- a more important one than non players understand
i agree at this point the game is more of an european hockey sim but im very sure jeffr has that covered soon he said something about that in the stream if im not mistaken.i cant say anything about if hitting does impact the games at all but i do know playmakers does as i have tested that and scoring.ive actully made Joe Thornton a proper playmaker as he is and a saw a major improvment in his assists and the sharks played better and did put up more point per player(i tested this for several seasons as i do with everything i edit) so to some extent the playmakers do impact the game but they also need someone who can score.the list i use is the one jeffr posted http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ttributes.html when editing and many player to this point is more done to make their points production as it should be im far to bad to try to make an enforcer in the game to check and see if he is any good or does an impact on the game at all so i will leave that to someone who is bettar at that
Old 09-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
Smetana
All Star Starter

The sim engine itself is quite good, and produces mostly realistic results.

The database itself needs a lot of work, which will fine tune the player stats and make them even more life like. There's a rosterpack underway.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post

The database itself needs a lot of work, which will fine tune the player stats and make them even more life like. There's a rosterpack underway.
do you have any proof for these realistic results?

the sim engine is terrible

the penalty system is very poor

playmakers have unknown value

tough play is ignored

does bodychecking have any impact on the game?

the baseball game has brawls and suspensions, but not professional hockey

i have an entire list of bizzare things from just one test year of simming

Last edited by sprague; 09-11-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
do you have any proof for these realistic results?

the sim engine is terrible

I disagree. The engine produces realistic results for the most part, but it's hampered by a lot of inaccurate player attributes. You get out what you put in. An improved database will yield better numbers.

the penalty system is very poor

Again, I disagree. Enforcer fighting/PIM numbers is a problem that i hope gets fixed soon, but the engine does a good job with general PIM totals.

playmakers have unknown value

Not sure what you mean by that. Explain further, please.

tough play is ignored

You're on the money on that one. Needs work. Hopefully soon.

does bodychecking have any impact on the game?

Tough to tell, as the in-game portion of the software is unplayable, IMO. So, you really can't tell if any particular action has a cause and effect relationship with results. Perhaps edit a team to all 20's for checking skills and see how they fare?

the baseball game has brawls and suspensions, but not professional hockey

Suspensions would be nice, though I don't figure it's high on the priority list. Brawls in historical leagues would be sweet--not to mention realistic.

i have an entire list of bizzare things from just one test year of simming
Elaborate, please. I've simmed quite a bit myself and I'd like to read about what others have experienced.

Again, my opinion is that the sim engine itself--apart from some issues that are well documented--does quite a nice job in creating realistic numbers. I've been experimenting with what types of changes to what attributes cause what types of changes in results. Soon I'll be ready to dive into the database and bend it to my will
Old 09-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

you working on the roster pack or?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
you working on the roster pack or?
Affirmative.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #14
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Affirmative.
Awesome, thank you so much for this! I remember your awesome roster-works for EHM!
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote