Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 08-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #101
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 12

Current Week: 4-2 (42-27 - GB 1st (+6))
Next Week: 3 vs Chesapeake, 3 @ Annapolis
Power Ranking: 2 (-1)
Fan Interest: 56
Owners Mood: Ecstatic

Lineup Tweaks: I started to think about who was going to play center, and replace Pablo Freitas in the lineup, and I decided to go with Patrick Shelton. Shelton a gold glover CF from last season. But after talking to Manager Alastair Turcotte we decided to shift Ron Alder over to CF. Alder has played 19 games in LF and 24 in RF, he isn't a great fielder in CF, Alastair is set to use Shelton as the Defensive replacement when needed. Howard Harper will now be starting in LF and Ron Alder will be CF. Harper is a solid defender in LF and has the potential to hit the ball. So far this season Harper is .244-3-13, yes he has some big shoes to fill.

Game 70
Wilmington 12, Norfolk 6
Geoffrey Bayles (7-4) got roughed up giving up 6 runs on 9 hits in 4 innings pitched. Ron Harris followed that up with some bad luck, going 2/3 of an inning giving up 5 runs, only one earned. Mauro Candelaria and Chris Shopland had 3 hits a piece and Jacob Chaney added 2 RBI's.

Game 71
Wilmington 2, Norfolk 5
Don Sweetapple (8-5) threw 7.1 innings giving up 2 runs on 7 hits. Carlos Rodriquez threw a perfect 9th for thes save (20). Joy Payne led the offense with 4 hits, including a HR (4), and 2 RBI. Jacob Chaney added 2 hits with a HR (5) of his own.

Game 72
Norfolk 2, Georgetown 5
Carlos Mateo (4-7) threw 6 innings giving up 4 runs on 7 hits taking the loss. Dalton Whitaker threw 2 innings, giving up 1 unearned run. Tony Soto and Jacob Chaney each had 2 hits (4 of the 6) for an offense that struck out 10 times.

Game 73
Norfolk 14, Georgetown 8
Karl Armstrong got roughed up in 4.2 innings, giving up 8 hits and 6 runs for the ND. Bill Lee (2-0) grabbed the win giving up 2 runs on 5 hits in 2 innings of work. The offense exploded for 17 hits and 14 runs. Jacob Chaney had 2 hits and 4 RBI, including the only HR (6) for the Cavs. Joe Payne, Jose Rodriquez and Mauro Candelaria each had 2 doubles.

Game 74
Washington 11, Norfolk 8
Giving up 6 runs in the final 2 innings didn't help out the offense that scored 7 runs in the 4th. Jesus Martinez threw 3.2 innings, in his first big league start of the season giving up 5 runs (4 ER) in 3.2 innings. Carlos Rodriquez blew the save (3) and took the loss (3-3) giving up 4 runs in the top of the 9th. Jose Rodriquez led the offense with 2 hits and 4 RBI, including his 9th HR. Tony Soto added 2 hits and 2 RBI.

Game 75
Washington 3, Norfolk 6
Geoffrey Bayles (8-4) bounced back after a rough start earlier in the week giving up 3 runs (1 ER) in 7 innings pitched. Carlos Rodriquez got the save with a perfect 9th (21). Rod Adler and Brian Cline each had 2 hits, and Cline (10) and Tony Soto (7) each had a HR.

Game 76
Washington 2, Norfolk 6
Don Sweetapple (9-5) continued his hot streak, winnings his 7th start in a row, throwing 7.2 innings, giving up 2 runs on 8 hits. The offense was lead by Jose Rodriquez, who went 2-3 with 2 HR's (11) and drove in 3. Joy Payne added a solo HR (5)

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Mark Sterling (Wilmington Iron Pigs) 14-28 3 HR 10 RBI 11 Runs
MarVa: Roberto Perez (Baltimore Barons) 15-30 2 HR 8 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Dover Generals (118.9)
2) Norfolk Cavaliers (112.9)
3) Annapolis Admirals (101.5)
4) Chesapeake Blue Crabs (99.5)
5) Richmond Cardinals (95.7)

GM Notes: Ok so I may need to look at my defense again. Not sure what happened but we went from a .703 to a .696 Defensive Efficeincy. Thats one heck of a hit. We had 8 errors for the week, one game with 3, one game with 2 and 3 with 1, only 2 games sans error. Our defense has been part of the reason why we have gained so much ground. Has moving Alder to CF hurt us that bad? Tony Soto, had 3 errors on the week to lead the charge, and 5 others had 1 each. Soto isn't the best SS in the world, but he is much better than 3 errors in a week!!

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #102
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

June in Review

Players of the Month
Delaware Conference

Batter of the Month: Charles Culligan (New Castle Colonials)
Charlies was hot in July hitting .319 with 11 HR's, driving in 32 and scoring 26 times.

Pitcher of the Month: Carlos Delgado (Milford Clippers)
Delgado collected 5 wins in 5 starts, in 34 innings, Carlos struck out 29 and posted a 1.85 ERA.

Rookie of the Month: Maximo Sanchez (Milford Clippers)
Maximo repeated as the Rookie of the Month with another solid performance hitting .296 with 3 doubles and 5 HR's. Maximo drove in 8 and scored 7.

MarVa Conference

Batter of the Month: Alberto Trujillo (Annapolis Admirals)
Alberto is the league leader in HR's and RBI and his June showed why. Alberto hit .340 with 15 HR's, driving in 39 RBI and scored 24 runs.

Pitcher of the Month: Don Sweetapple (Norfolk Cavaliers)
Don was lights out in June going 6-0 in 6 starts posting 1.88 ERA. In 48 innings Sweetapple struck out 34 and held his opponents to a .219 batting average.

Rookie of the Month: Tony Soto (Norfolk Cavaliers)
Tony repeats as the Rookie of the Month in June as he .345, collecting 30 hits, including 6 HR's, driving in 23 and scoring 17 times.

**Conference Standings**

In the Delaware Conference Dover is starting to pull away in the Southern Division, and in the Northern Conference the battle looks like it might include 3 times. Should be a nice finish over there... in the MarVa Conference it seems like it will be a battle between Annapolis and Chesapeake as Baltimore and Ocean City is just hanging in there. In the Western Division the surprising Norfolk Cavaliers hold a 6 game lead over Richmond. Washington's epic collapse continues.

League Leaders
Delaware Division:

AVG: Pete MacCammon (Wilmington Iron Pigs) .389
HR: Billy Moore (Milford Clippers) 80
RBI: Billy Moore (Milford Clippers) 32
SB: Andres Salinas (Dover Generals) 23

W: Cho-Yeong An (Dover Generals) 11
ERA: James McLaughlin (Newark Millers) 2.01*
K: Marcos Estrada (Wilmington Iron Pigs) 109
SV: Jim Hodges (New Castle Colonials) 21

Marva Division:
AVG: Anthony Cunningham (Ocean City Tourists) .345*
HR: Alberto Trujillo (Annapolis Admirals) 35
RBI: Alberto Trujillo (Annapolis Admirals) 88
SB: Al Love (Washington Senators) 24*

W: Robert Albert (Baltimore Barons) 10
ERA: Jorge Padilla (Richmond Cardinals) 2.51*
K: Robert Albert (Baltimore Barons) 107*
SV: Carlos Rodriquez (Norfolk Cardinals) 21*

Norfolk Cavaliers June in Review

The offense is coming around, as another big jump in batting average and obpct is creeping up. And the pitching staff has been rock solid... If you look at the injuries, you will see Carlos Rodriquez who is going to be out 4 weeks, give or take. First game in July. The league leader in saves will be tough to replace. As will the set-up man (Dalton Whitaker) who will be closing for the next few weeks.

and the spin off:

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
Old 08-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #103
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

This is pretty cool. I lived near Salisbury, MD for about 4 years and went to the beach in Ocean City all of my life.

Quick question, where did your get your logos?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #104
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
This is pretty cool. I lived near Salisbury, MD for about 4 years and went to the beach in Ocean City all of my life.

Quick question, where did your get your logos?
I live in DE now and have for over 1/2 my life and I figured it would be neat to put together a "Delaware League". As I was creating the teams it just felt boring. So I ended up reaching out "DelMarVa" to make it more interesting to me...

I did all the logo's and uniforms for the league, they can be found here in the mod's forum:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...m-working.html

and the spin off:

Old 08-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #105
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 13

Current Week: 4-2 (50-32 - GB 1st (+6))
Next Week: 3 @ Ellicott City, 3 @ Richmond (Division Rivals)
Power Ranking: 2
Fan Interest: 55 (-1)

Game 77
Chesapeake 4, Norfolk 5 (12 innings)
Carlos Mateo got a tough luck ND going 7 innings, only allowing 2 runs on 7 hits while striking out 9. Dalton Whitaker pitched 3.2 innings of relief and Ron Harris pitched 1/3 of an inning for the win (2-0). Carlos Rodriquez was taken out of the game in 9th after 5 pitches, complaing of arm soreness. Allen Britt HR'd (2) in the 8th and Tony Soto hit a game tying HR (8) in the 9th to send the game to extras. Patrick Shelton doubled, his 3rd hit of the day, in Joe Payne for the game winning run in the 12th.

Injury News: After the game we were informed that Carlos Rodriquez would need at least 4 weeks of rest before coming back. Carlos has been placed on the 15-day DL. 24-year old Joe Davis was recalled from AAA to fill out the bullpen. And Javier Castro will take over the closer role in Carlos abscence. Went with Castro over Whitaker, because of his ratings, Castro has more control, just made more sense.

Game 78
Chesapeake 0, Norfolk 5
Karl Armstrong threw 3 innings of 1 hit ball, then left the game with an arm injury, we are awaiting news. Jose Martinez (1-0) threw 3 innings of shut-out ball for the win, and Dalton Whitaker threw the 9th for a save (1). Ron Adler had 3 hits, Mauro Candelaria and Tony Soto each had 2 and Brian Cline added a HR (11).

Game 79
Chesapeake 3, Norfolk 2
Tsuneo Sato pitched 8 innings of shut-out ball on 3 hits but took the no-decision. Javier Casto blew the save and took the loss (3-2) giving up 3 runs on 3 hits (not a good showing for his first closer fill-in). Patrick Shelton got 2 of the 5 Norfolk hits.

Off Day News: We announced the signing of 16 year old Jorge Jimenez a SP from the Dominican. He was giving a $1,000,000 signing bonus. Jimenez is of high intelligence and has a high work ethic. Tim Olson and OSA differentiate quite a bit on his ratings so it will be interesting to see how he develops.
Olson: Stuff: 5/9, Move: 10/13, Control: 1/8 2*
OSA: Stuff: 5/15, Move: 11/15, Control: 4/16 5*

Injury News: Karl Armstrong is now listed as D2D with a mild oblique strain. He should be able to make his next start.

Game 80
Norfolk 3, Annapolis 9
Geoffrey Bayles (9-4) grabbed the vicotry going 6.2 innings giving up 2 runs on 5 hits. Jose Martinez pitched the final 2.1 innings giving up a solo-hr for the only hit he allowed. Chris Shopland had 3 hits, including a HR (4), Tony Soto added 3 hits and Mauro Candelaria added 2 hits and 3 RBI.

Game 81
Norfolk 16, Annapolis 14
Don Sweetapple recorded a ND, breaking up his winning streak, in what was possible his worse start of the year. Don went 2.1 innings, givng up 7 hits and 6 runs (3 ER). Joe Davis (1-0) got the win going 2 innings allowing 2 hits and 1 run. Javier Castro recorded the save (3). Norfolk proved they could win in a slug fest, gitting 16 runs on 20 hits. Scoring 3-2-3-1-3 in the final 5 frames. Tony Soto had 2 hits and 5 RBI, including a HR (9), Jacob Chaney had 3 hits and 3 RBI, with a HR (7), and Mauro Candelaria was 5-6 with 4 runs scored! Howard Harper also added 4 runs scored.

Game 82
Norfolk 0, Annapolis 4
Carlos Mateo (4-8) gave up 4 runs on 7 hits in 5.2 innings and took the loss as the offense must of been tired from their exploding the night before. The Cav's only managed 4 hits, all singles, and Gilberto Ramos had 2.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Morris Sinclair (Lewes Braves) 10-22 2 HR 14 RBI
MarVa: Tony Soto (Norfolk Cavaliers) 9-23 2 HR 9 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Dover Generals (117.6)
2) Norfolk Cavaliers (112.8)
3) Richmond Cardinals (100.6)
4) Annapolis Admirals (98.8)
5) Milford Clippers (97.3)

GM Notes: On the horizon we have a big week ahead of us. The 3 at Richmond can turn out to be pretty huge, as we just can't seem to pull away from them... Pitching struggled a little bit last week, maybe it was the loss of Carlos Rodriquez, maybe it was just bound to happen. We are now ranked #2 in all pitching categories (Runs Against, Starters ERA, Bullpen ERA). Hitting we are out of the cellar in all categories, which is a nice feeling. Making the loss of Pablo Freitas (at least a week left) a little easier to take. Defense is at a .694 Def Efficiency... Injuries are starting to add up, so this is going to be a tough stretch. The all-star break is right around the corner, 6 more game then a well needed break.

and the spin off:

Old 08-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #106
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

I've been catching up over the last few days and wanted to say nice job with this. It's nice to see this set close by as well, and nice that you are building a nice lead. Hopefully you can keep it up, rest up over the break, recover from injuries, and finish up the season strong.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #107
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I've been catching up over the last few days and wanted to say nice job with this. It's nice to see this set close by as well, and nice that you are building a nice lead. Hopefully you can keep it up, rest up over the break, recover from injuries, and finish up the season strong.
Thanks for reading a long... staying healthy is huge for this team, we just don't have the minor league depth to fill too many holes. I am surprised that we are where we are in the standings now we just need to hold on for 2 more months, and I think we have the pitching to do so.

and the spin off:

Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #108
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 14

Current Week: 4-2 (54-34 - GB 1st (+8))
Next Week: <>, 3 @ Ocean City
Power Ranking: 2
Fan Interest: 57 (+2)

Game 83
Norfolk 5, Ellicot City 4
Karl Armstrong got a tough luck ND, as the Cavaliers scored 3 times in the 9th for the victory. Armstrong went 7.1 innings, giving up 4 runs on 7 hits. Dalton Whitaker pitched 2/3's for the win (5-0) and Javier Castro threw a perfect 9th for the save (4). Small ball was the key to the win, as the Cav's had 10 hits and scored 5 times. Jose Rodriquez had the only extra base hit a solo-HR (12). Joe Payne and Jacob Chaney each had 2 hits, Chaney added 2 RBI.

Game 84
Norfolk 6, Ellicot City 5
Tsuneo Sato got the ND today, going 5.1 innings, giving up 5 runs on 7 hits. Sato also had 5 walks which upped his pitch coung and accounted for the short outing. Ron Harris (3-0) got the win in relief and Javier Castro the save (5). Mauro Candelaria had 3 hits and 2 RBI to lead the offense. Joe Payne added 2 hits.

Game 85
Norfolk 2, Ellicot City 7
Geoffrey Bayles (9-5) took the tough luck loss going 5 innings, giving up 3 runs on 7 hits, as the offense went cold leaving 11 runners on base. Gilbero Ramos had 3 hits and Patrick Shelton added 2 (both 2b's).

Game 86
Norfolk 5, Richmond 4
Don Sweetapple (10-5) continued his success throwing 7 innings and allowing 3 runs on 7 hits. Javier Castro threw a rocky 9th (2 H, 1 R) for the save (6). Howard Harper had a 2-run HR (4) and Mauro Candelaria, Brian Cline and Jacob Chaney all added 2 hits.

Game 87
Norfolk 7, Richmond 4
Carlos Mateo (5-8) gave up 2 runs over 7 innings, allowing 7 hits, while walking 5. Javier Castro picked up the save (7) going the final 2/3. Allen Britt lead the offense with 2 hits, including a HR (3) and 3 RBI. Tony Soto added 2 hits and 2 runs, and Chris Shopland pitched in 2 RBI.

Game 88
Norfolk 1, Richmond 2
Karl Armstrong (5-7) threw all 8 today, but took the loss, giving up 2 runs on 7 hits. The offense sputtered only able to get 2 hits, two singles by Brian Cline and Chris Shopland. The Cavalier infield turned 4 double plays.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Fernando Torres (Wilmington Iron Pigs) 6-12 4 HR, 11 RBI
MarVa: Miguel Soto (Chesapeake Blue Crabs) 11-25 2 HR, 6 RBI, 5 Runs

Power Rankings:
1) Dover Generals (122.3)
2) Norfolk Cavaliers (111.5)
3) Ocean City (96.0)
4) Wilmington Iron Pigs (96.0)
5) Richmond Cardinals (95.1)

GM Notes: It would of been nice to get a sweep out of one of those series, but I will take the 2 of 3 in both cases. Up next is the All-Star break, then we have a tough finish to July. Facing Ocean City, Annapolis, Newark, Dover, and our other division rival the Washington Senators... Pitching, offense and defense were all solid last week. Its nice to see our batting average over the .250 mark, especially considering how bad we started off... Pablo Freitas will take the 4 day all-star break, to take some swings in Yokohama. He plans to play 3 games. It will be nice to have his bat back in the lineup... I would be lying if I told you at the beginning of the season the Cavaliers would be heading into the All-Star Break with an 8 game lead!

and the spin off:

Old 08-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #109
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2014 All-Star Game Preview

This is the 2nd Annual All-Star game the Delaware Conference tries to repeat last year success as the MarVa Conference goes for their first win. Last season's game went 14 innings and ended on Gustavo Feliciano's second homerun of the game. It will be hard to repeat the excitement. The rosters are set and the MarVa Conference is hosting. Let the game begin!!

The projected starters are:
Delaware Conf: Keith White (Milton Brewers) 6-3 2.81
MarVa Conf: Barney Butler (Washington Senators) 8-7 3.27

Norfolk Cavaliers in the All-Star Game:

Last season the Cavaliers sent 4 players as well, 2 fielders and 2 pitchers. This season we are sending 4 pitchers. Geoffrey Bayles has been a pleasant surprise for the Cavaliers pitching staff, posting 9 wins in the first half. Don Sweetapple, the only repeating all-star, started off slow, but has won 8 straight decisions, to tie for the league lead with 10 victories. Ron Harris has been a lock-down middle reliever and was a surprise pick to the roster. And finally Carlos Rodriquez who was the league leader in saves before being sent to the 15-day, made the team but will miss the game.

and the spin off:

Last edited by illeracula; 08-26-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #110
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2014 All-Star Game

This years All-Star game didn't go extra innings, but it was, yet another, instant classic. The Delaware Stars jumped out to an early 4-0 lead, scoring in the first 3 (1-2-1) innings. Peter Peters (New Castle Colonials) hit a solo-HR in the 1st and Andres Salinas (Dover Generals) hit a solo-HR in the 3rd for the Delaware Stars. The MarVa stars didn't give up, socring on in the 3rd, and 4 in the 5th, to take the lead. John Bowles (Baltimore Barons) doubled in the tying and go-ahead runs with a 2-out double in the 5th. But the Delaware Stars weren't done, scoring two of their own in the 7th to take the lead and the game. Andres Salanis doubled in the go ahead run with 2 outs in the 7th.

W: Jose Herrera (Georgetown Sixteens)
L: Robert Walker (Baltimore Barons)
S: Wilson Acosta (Milton Brewers)
HR: Andres Salinas, Peter Peters
MVP: Andres Salinas (2-4, 2 Runs, 2 RBI, 2B, HR)

Game Notes: Barney Butler (Washington Senators) the MarVa starter gave up 3 runs, only 1 ER, in 2 innings of work, thanks to a Howard Johns fielding error... Keith White (Milton Brewers), the Delaware starter, faced 6 batters in 2 innings of work, striking out 4... Anthony Cunningham (Ocean City Tourists) led all players with 3 hits, all doubles, going 3-4 with 2 Runs and an RBI for the MarVa stars... 3 of the 6 Delaware Stars runs were scored with 2-outs.

** Norfolk Cavaliers All-Star Performances **
Geoffrey Bayles - 1 IP, 0 H, 1 BB
Don Sweetapple - 1 IP 0 H, 2 K, 11 Pitches, 10 Strikes
Ron Harris - 1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 K (Gave up the HR to Salinas in the 3rd)
Carlos Rodriquez - DNP/Injured

and the spin off:

Old 08-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #111
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Cavaliers 1st half Recap

First Half Recap

Current Standings, Western Division:

Norfolk Cavaliers 54-34 .614
Richmond Cardinals 46.42 -8
Ellicott City Express 39-50 -15.5
Washington Senators 38-51 -16.5

Seeing the Cavaliers in 1st place at the mid-season break is awesome. I was surprised when the predictions came out and had us only winning 74 games. I think this team is young and starting to gel, as long as the injury bugs stay away we should be fighting for the top stop the rest of the way... The biggest surprise are the Senators, last years Champions, were supposed to contend this season but have just collasped... This Division race isn't over by a long shot with 74 games remaining anything can happen.

TEAM INFORMATION
Record overall 54-34, .614 PCT
Position in Division 1st, - GB
Record at home 27-17, .614 PCT
Record on the road 27-17, .614 PCT
Record in X-inning games 5-4, .556 PCT
Record in one-run games 18-11, .621 PCT
Record versus LHP 16-11, .593 PCT
Record versus RHP 38-23, .623 PCT
Record in April 8-13, .381 PCT
Record in May 18-10, .643 PCT
Record in June 21-7, .750 PCT
Record in July 7-4, .636 PCT

Just think if we had a solid April where we would of been.

TEAM BATTING STATS & RANKINGS
Batting Average .254 - 7th in MVDIV
On-Base Percentage .313 - 6th in MVDIV
Slugging Percentage .392 - 7th in MVDIV
On-Base + Slugging .706 - 7th in MVDIV
Runs Scored 412 - 5th in MVDIV
Hits 766 - 8th in MVDIV
Extra-Base Hits 244 - 6th in MVDIV
Home Runs 78 - 6th in MVDIV
Bases On Balls 260 - 6th in MVDIV
Strikeouts 506 - 3rd in MVDIV
Stolen Bases 63 - 3rd in MVDIV

TEAM PITCHING STATS & RANKINGS
Earned Run Average 3.54 - 2nd in MVDIV
Starters' ERA 3.83 - 2nd in MVDIV
Bullpen ERA 2.87 - 2nd in MVDIV
Runs allowed 351 - 2nd in MVDIV
Hits allowed 759 - 2nd in MVDIV
Opponents AVG .249 - 2nd in MVDIV
BABIP .289 - 4th in MVDIV
Home Runs allowed 76 - 2nd in MVDIV
Bases On Balls 258 - 4th in MVDIV
Strikeouts 609 - 1st in MVDIV

TEAM LEADERS AVG
M. Candelária .332
T. Soto .283

TEAM LEADERS HR
J. Rodríguez 12
B. Cline 11

TEAM LEADERS RBI
T. Soto 51
J. Chaney 46

TEAM LEADERS W
D. Sweetapple 10
G. Bayles 9

TEAM LEADERS ERA
T. Sato 3.30
D. Sweetapple 3.34

TEAM LEADERS K
D. Sweetapple 98
K. Armstrong 80

MINOR LEAGUE SYSTEM
Yokohama Baystars (AAA) 37-54, .407, 19½ GB
New Orleans Pelicans (AA) 43-47, .478, 16½ GB
Jacksonville Tritons (A) 45-45, .500, 3½ GB

As high as our minor league system is ranked I would really expect to see better records on these minor league teams. Hopefully even with the poor records the players are learning and developing.

SURPRISES/THOUGHTS:
One of the biggest surprises of the season, on the offensive side, has been Joe Payne. Payne has been the primary lead-off man. Signed in the off-season to be a defensive super-utility man, he has earned a starting spot and is now our starting second baseman. On the season Joe is hitting .325-5-26 (68-209)... Tony Soto has been nice offensive asset for us, but his defense has short has been pretty bad. Soto has a .954 FPCT on the season with 15 errors and a -1.3 zone rating... Pablo Freitas, a gold glove LF'er last season, has been stuck playing CF this year. And he isn't a CF'er. With a Zone Rating at -1.7.

We have been getting a lot of trade proposals, but nothing worth taking the time to look over. At this point we are going to stand still. I am not sure where we would look for help. Maybe as the trade dead-line looms closer I will think about moving someone.

All in all I am very impressed with the way this team has bounced back from a poor April and I am looking forward to the final months of this season. Can we keep the Cardinals at bay? Will the Senators get healthy and make a run? A lot of questions left to be answered.

and the spin off:

Old 08-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #112
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 15

Current Week: 0-3 (54-37 - GB 1st (+6))
Next Week: 3 vs Washington, 3 vs Annapolis
Power Ranking: 3 (-1)
Fan Interest: 59 (+2)

*4 days off for the All-Star Break*

Transactions: Allen Britt was sent down to AAA Yokohma to make room for the return of Pablo Freitas. Pablo played in 3 games for Yokohama going 6-16 .375 with a HR and 2 RBI. Freitas will be in the lineup tonight versus Ocean City.

The Primary Lineup (vs RHP) for the start of the 2nd half looks like this:
2B Joe Payne (L)
3B Mauro Candelaria
SS Tony Soto (L)
CF Pablo Freitas
RF Jose Rodriquez (L)
DH Brian Cline
LF Ron Adler (L)
1B Chris Shopland
C Jacob Chaney (L)

Game 89
Norfolk 6, Ocean City 7
Tsuneo Sato got the ND, going 7.1 innings, allowing 3 runs on 9 hits. He pitched well enough for the win, but Dalton Whitaker imploded in the 8th. Dalton (5-1) took the loss, giving up 4 runs, on 2 hits and 2 walks (the big blow was the GS by Carlos Alfonso). Ron Adler had 2 hits, 2 runs and 2 RBI, including a HR (7). Howard Harper also added a solo-HR (5).

Game 90
Norfolk 3, Ocean City 6
Geoffrey Bayles threw 6.1 innings, before walking off the field in pain. He allowed 3 runs on 7 hits for the ND. Dalton Whitaker (5-2), once again, couldn't get the job done, giving up 3 runs in the 8th, walking 2, giving up a 3-run HR. Jose Rodriquez went 2-3, with a solo-HR (13) to lead the offense.

Game 91
Norfolk 1, Ocean City 4
Don Sweetapple's (10-6) consective win streak came to an end today. Don went 7.1 innings, giving up 10 hits and 4 runs. The offense was once again quiet, scoring 1 time on 7 hits. Ron Adler led the offense with 2 hits.

Injury News: It was announced before the game, that Geoffrey Bayles has been diagnosed with a sprainged UCL and will be out 4 weeks. He will be sent to the 15-day DL. Scott Smith will be recalled and placed in the starting rotation. Smith is 3-2 2.64 in 9 starts in AAA.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Luis Rodriquez (Georgetown Sixteens) 7-14 2 HR, 3 RBI
MarVa: Steve Williams (Annapolis Admirals) 10-15 6 HR, 9 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Dover Generals (108.6)
2) Ocean City Tourists (103.8)
3) Norfolk Cavaliers (100.8)
4) Wilmington Iron Pigs (96.0)
5) Annapolis Admirals (94.9)

GM Notes: I have to say that isn't really how I was expecting the 2nd half to start. The injury to Bayles hurts our starting pitching, hopefully Sato and Mateo can pick it up... Four errors in 3 games dropped our Def Eff to .693, might be time to reevaluate who is playing where. Maybe its time to make a deal for a CF'er and move Pablo back to LF... A big stretch coming up to finish up this month, top caliber teams. I do include Washington in that list, a division rival with big expecations, how can't you?...

and the spin off:

Last edited by illeracula; 08-27-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #113
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 16

Current Week: 5-1 (59-38 - GB 1st (+10))
Next Week: 2 vs Newark, 2 vs Dover (end of July), 2 vs Baltimore
Power Ranking: 1 (+1)
Fan Interest: 59

Injury News: Got some news before our game today that Carlos Rodriquez has suffered a slight set-back and will be out of action for at least another week.

Game 92
Washington 1, Norfolk 2
Carlos Mateo went 5.2 innings, giving up 4 hits and 1 run, but threw 103 pitches and couldn't go any further. Ron Harris (4-0) threw 2.1 innings of perfect ball for the win and Javier Castro threw the 9th for the save (8). Jacob Chaney scored both Cavaliers runs and doubled in the 8th to set-up Mauro Candelaria's game winning single. Candelaria and Tony Soto each had 2 hits and 1 RBI.

Game 93
Washington 6, Norfolk 3
Karl Armstrong (5-8) went 7 innings, giving up 2 runs on 6 hits, striking out 8, and took the loss. Dalton Whitaker got roughed up in the 9th, giving up 4 runs (1 Earned), thanks to a fielding error by himself. The Cavs offense couldn't get anything going until it was too late, scoring 3 in the bottom of the 9th. Jacob Chaney had 2 hits and 2 RBI and Chris Shopland added 3 hits.

Game 94
Washington 3, Norfolk 5
Tsuneo Sato (8-3) went 7 innings, giving up 3 runs on 5 hits. Dalton Whitaker shook off his last few poor outings and threw shut out inning. Javier Castro got the save (9). The offense went off for 10 hits, including a 3-3 day by Ron Adler and a 2-4 day by Mauro Candelaria. Pablo Freitas hit a solo HR (11) in the 7th).

Injury News: Our starting catcher Jacob Chaney is out for 2-3 days with Groin Tightness, Julio Romero will step in and catch the next 2 or 3 games.

Game 95
Annapolis 7, Norfolk 11
Scott Smith (1-0), got the win in his first start of 2014, going 6.2 innings, allowing 3 runs on 7 hits. Joe Davis gave up 4 runs in 1.2 innings for his worst outing of the season. Jose Rodriquez and Brian Cline each had 3 hits and Tony Soto, Pablo Freitas and Chris Shopland each had 2. The Cavs had a total of 14. Mason Foster, Brian Cline, Julio Romero and Tony Soto each had 2 hits. Cline added 3 RBI. Gilberto Ramos (3) and Julio Romero (2) each homered.

Injury News: Joe Payne was injured in a collision on the base paths and will be out 1-2 weeks. He was placed on the 15-day DL and Jesus Rivera was recalled form AAA Yokohama to take his roster spot, and will start at 2B... Mauro Candelaria was removed from the game as well, after being hit by a pitch. We are awaiting diagnosis from our trainer.

Game 96
Annapolis 7, Norfolk 11
Don Sweetapple (11-6) went 7.1 strong innings, giving up 8 hits and 4 runs (2 ER). Bill Lee struggled in his relief role giving up 3 runs in 1/3 of an inning. M

Injury News: The x-rays came back positive as they show a clear fracture in Mauro Candelaria's finger. He will be out for about 5 weeks. Candelaria will be put on the 15-day DL. Allen Britt will be called up to take his roster spot. With this injury we are in desperate need of an infielder... Jacob Chaney will return to the lineup tomorrow.

Lineup Update: Chris Shopland will move from 1b to 3b, Gilbero Ramos will take over at 1b... Losing Payne and Candelaria will bring our Defense down a little.

Current Lineup:
2B Jesus Rivera
SS Tony Soto (L)
CF Pablo Freitas
RF Jose Rodriqeuz (L)
DH Brian Cline
LF Ron Alder (L)
3B Chris Shopland
1B Gilberto Ramos
C Jacob Chaney (L)

Game 97
Annapolis 0, Norfolk 5
Carlos Mateo (6-8) went 7.2 innings of shutout ball, giving up 3 hits and striking out 9. Dalton Whitaker went 1.1 innings, giving up 1 hit for the save (2). Jose Rodriquez lead the offense with a 3-4 day, hitting 2 solo-HR's (15). Tony Soto went 1-3 with a solo-HR (10).

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Charles Culligan (New Castle Colonials) 10-22 4 HR, 12 RBI
MarVa: Colin Burbridge (Ellicott City Express) 12-25 4 HR, 9 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Norfolk Cavaliers (113.5)
2) Dover Generals (107.4)
3) Georgetown Sixteens (98.5)
4) New Castle Colonials (97.6)
5) Ocean City Tourists (97.5)

GM Notes: Ok, that is more like it, was really hoping that opening series wasn't a sign of things to come. Feels good to get some wins on the board. The string of injuries does worry me. Losing Mauro Candelaria, who was by far my leading hitter, is going to hurt. I sent my scout out to check some free-agents out and some other role players, but I think I am just going to wait it out. Joe Payne will be back soon, and that will help out... I am however bothered by some of the implosions of the bullpen lately. Hopefully they will just work themselves out and we will put the past 2 weeks behind us. The bullpen ERA is now ranked #3 in the league. Our offensive is woeful being rated #8 in Average and On-Base Pct... From the looks of it Carlos Rodriquez will be starting a rehab assignment within the week.

Key Injury Update:
Joe Payne: Out 12 Days
Geoffrey Bayles: Out 3 Weeks
Elmer Hawkins: Out 2 weeks
Mark Morris: Out 5 weeks
Mauro Candelaria: Out 5 weeks
Carlos Rodriquez: Out 2 days

and the spin off:

Old 08-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #114
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 17

Current Week: 5-2 (64-40 - GB 1st (+12))
Next Week: 2 @ New Castle, 4 @ Chesapeake
Power Ranking: 1
Fan Interest: 58 (-1)

Game 98
Newark 4, Norfolk 6
Karl Armstrong gave up 3 runs (1 ER) on 5 hits in 7 innings, but walked away without a decisions, as the Cavs scored 4 in the bottom of the 8th to come back. Ron Harris got the win (5-0) even though he gave up the tiying and Javier Castro closed the door for the save (10). Howard Harper lead the offense with 2 hits and 3 runs. Brian Cline added 2 hits and 2 RBI. Tony Soto had a solo-HR (11).

Injury News: Pablo Freitas doubled in the first, but was pulled from the game as he limped into second... In the 4th Jose Rodriquez left the game after throwing the ball in after a fielding play... both player diagnosis are pending. For the time being Howard Harper and Patrick Shelton will be taking their places in their lineup.

Game 99
Newark 3, Norfolk 6
Tsuneo Sato (9-3) earned the win going 7 innings, giving up 4 hits and 2 runs (1 ER). Javier Castro closed out the game for the save (11). The offense showed off their power, hitting four homeruns. Tony Soto had 2 (13) and Howard Harper (6) and Gilberto Ramos (4) each had one. Soto drove was 3-3 with 4 RBI.

Game 100
Dover 1, Norfolk 2
Scott Smith (2-0) continued to throw the ball like he belongs in the bigs, going 8 shut-out innings, allowing only 3 hits. Bill Lee pitched the 9th for the save (3). Ron Harper had 3 hits and Ron Adler added 2, including a 2-run double in the 2nd.

Injury News: Jose Rodriquez has been diagnosed with a sore elbow and is out for 2 weeks to rest. Rodriquez was placed on the 15-day DL. Bryan O'Neil was called up from AA to take his place. O'Neil is pretty much a warm body to take up the roster spot. Contact: 9/9, Gap: 10/10, HR: 7/9, Eye: 11/13, Avoid Ks: 9/9

Game 101
Dover 4, Norfolk 2
Don Sweetapple (11-7) took the loss, throwing 7.1 innings, allowing 4 runs on 5 hits. Tony Soto and Jacob Chaney each had 2 hits, and Patrick Shelton hit a 2-run HR (1).

Injury News: Pablo Freitas has been diagnosed with a strained hip muscle, and will be out 4-5 months. A big blow to this offense. Freitas for the season hit .254-11-43... Carlos Rodriquez, after throwing 2.2 innings in AAA will be called up, cutting his rehab assignment short.

<< end of July >>

Game 102
Baltimore 2, Norfolk 4
Carlos Mateo took another ND, as the offense couldn't get on top till the end. Mateo went 7 innings, allowing 2 runs on 6 hits. Javier Castro (4-2) took the win with 1 inning of relief and Dalton Whitaker (3) grabbed the save. Jaun Rivera lead the offense with 2 hits. Chris Shopland doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 8th with 2 outs.

Game 103
Baltimore 9, Norfolk 4
Karl Armstrong (5-9) continued his inconsistent season taking a loss, giving up 6 runs on 8 hits in 6.1 innings. Tony Soto lead the offense with 2 hits and 3 RBI, including a HR (14). Howard Harper hit a solo-HR (7).

Transactions: Carlos Feliciano, a 40-year old outfielder, has been claimed form waivers. Feliciano will be a PH/DH who brings veteran leadership to the clubhouse. Contact: 10/11, Gap: 10/10, HR: 4/4, Eye: 6/7, Avoid Ks: 16/19. He was hitting .275-2-22 in 41 games for the Richmond Cardinals... Bryan O'Neil has been sent back down to AA New Orleans to make room on the roster spot.

Game 104
Baltimore 3, Norfolk 6
Tsuneo Sato (10-3) threw 7 innings, giving up 3 runs on 8 hits. Carlos Rodriqeuz picked up the save (22) striking out 3 in the 9th. Ron Alder lead the offense going 4-4 with 3 runs scored, including a HR (8). Howard Harper added a HR (8) and 2 RBI.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Billy Moore (Milford Clippers) 14-30 6 HR, 18 RBI
MarVa: Jean-Paul Fontaine (Ocean City Tourists) 10-24 4 HR, 11 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Norfolk Cavaliers (117.8)
2) Georgetown Sixteens (116.1)
3) Dover Generals (102.3)
4) Wilmington Iron Pigs (100.6)
5) Ocean City Tourists (98.1)

GM Notes: The pressure is going to be put back on the pitching staff, and its sad because they have done so much so far this season. Ranking #1 in Runs Against, #1 in Starters ERA and #3 in Bullpen ERA, means they have done it so far, but now we will need them more than ever... Currently we have 4 guys from our starting lineup out, and possible a 5th. Freitas is out for the rest of the season, and he was our top power man (when healthy). If we can keep it together for one month we will have Mauro Candelaria, Jose Rodriquez, Mark Morris and Joe Payne back! *Payne will be back this week... Makes August a very important month... A twelve game lead is a nice cushion though.

<< Up Next July in Review >>

and the spin off:

Old 08-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #115
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

GREAT stuff. As a resident of Bear, how about giving Bear or Christiana an expansion team!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #116
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
GREAT stuff. As a resident of Bear, how about giving Bear or Christiana an expansion team!
Thanks for reading along, glad you like. Nice to see a fellow Delawarean... I have been thinking about expansion. Maybe 2 teams in each Conference.

Seaford Blue Jays
Christiana Blue Hens (was going to be Kirkwood, happy to change)
Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs
Salisbury Ports

Not sure if it will be for 2015 or the 2016 season, but they are coming.

and the spin off:

Last edited by illeracula; 08-29-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #117
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

July in Review

Delaware Conference

Batter of the Month: Peter Peters (New Castle Colonials)
Peter is quietly having a solid season, and his July shows that maybe he is warming up for a big finish! Peter hit .370 in July with 11 HR's, 17 RBI, 29 Runs. He also walked 19 times and had an OBPCT of .477.

Pitcher of the Month: Marcos Estrada (Wilmington Iron Pigs)
Marcos had a great month in July. In 6 starts Marcos went 4-0. Over 44.1 innings he struck out 37 and compiled a 1.83 ERA.

Rookie of the Month: Mark Weaver (Dover Generals)
Mark one of the top young catchers in the game, had a wonderful July. He posted a .342 batting average, with 25 hits, 4 HR's and drove in 16.

MarVa Conference

Batter of the Month: Anthony Cunningham (Ocean City Tourists)
Anthony, a MVP Candidate, is having a great season. And July was one of the reasons he is in the middle of the MVP talks. For the month he hit .372, with 6 HR's and 20 RBI's.

Pitcher of the Month: Claudio Luna (Baltimore Barons)
Claudio had a solid month closing games for the Barons. He picked up 8 saves and posted a 3-1 record over 13 games. In 15.2 innings, he had 14 K's and 4 walks.

Rookie of the Month: Tony Soto (Norfolk Cavaliers)
Tony is holding on tight to the Rookie of the Month, winning for the 3rd time in a row. As the season goes on Tony keeps on hitting better and better. For July, Tony hit .295 with 8 doubles and 5 HR's. He also scored 15 times and drove in 19 runs.

**Conference Standings**

There are battles in all the Divisions right now, but the Western Division in the MarVa Conference. Which is probably the most shocking of them all. The Cavaliers hold a 12 game lead with 2 months to go... The Southern Division will be a two team race to the end with the Generals holding the advantage... But the Northern and the Eastern Divisions are anybodies, with 3 teams in striking distance, and the 4th team still not out of it! Going to be an interesting last 2 months.

League Leaders
Delaware Division:

AVG: Pete MacCammon (Wilmington Iron Pigs) .365
HR: Billy Moore (Milford Clippers) 45
RBI: Billy Moore (Milford Clippers) 114
SB: Andres Salinas (Dover Generals) 32

W: Cho-Yeong An (Dover Generals) 14
ERA: Marcos Estrada (Wilmington Iron Pigs) 2.02*
K: Marcos Estrada (Wilmington Iron Pigs) 146
SV: Jim Hodges (New Castle Colonials) 26

Marva Division:
AVG: Anthony Cunningham (Ocean City Tourists) .355
HR: Alberto Trujillo (Annapolis Admirals) 37
RBI: Alberto Trujillo (Annapolis Admirals) 94
SB: Ron Alder (Norfolk Cavaliers) 32*

W: Robert Walker (Baltimore Barons) 13
ERA: Miguel Contreras (Ocean City Tourists) 2.52*
K: Barney Butler (Washington Senators)/Miguel Contreras 141*
SV: Bill Fox (Ocean City Tourists) 27

Norfolk Cavaliers July in Review

Pitching continued to carry us, as the injuries keep mounting up. Our "ML ready" crop is thin, and we aren't sure we will be able to take too many more. August should see the return off Jose Rodriquez, our top power hitter, Joe Payne, our leadoff man, and Geoffrey Bayles, one of our all-stars. We just need to hang on and maintain our double-digit lead and we should be good.

The offense has hit a dry spell again, but I am hoping August will fire them up. Even if we have 2 starters hitting under .200! Just don't have the bench to fill in.

and the spin off:

Old 08-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #118
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 18

Current Week: 4-2 (68-42 - GB 1st (+12))
Next Week: 2 vs Milton, 2 vs Georgetown, 3 @ Baltimore
Fan Interest: 58 (+2)

Game 105
Norfolk 5, New Castle 9
Scott Smith (2-1) had his worst start of his season going 4 innings, giving up 8 hits and 8 runs for the loss. The offense scored 5, but it just wasn't enough. Howard Harper had 3 hits, and Brain Cline added 2. Jesus Rivera hit his first HR (1) of the season.

Game 106
Norfolk 4, New Castle 3
Don Sweetapple (12-7) got back his winning ways going 7 strong innings, giving up 3 runs on 7 hits. Carlos Rodriquez shut the door for the save (23). Tony Soto lead the offense with 3 hits and 2 runs, including a HR (15) and 2 doubles. Brian Cline hit a PH HR in the 8th (12) to give the Cav's the go-ahead/winning run!

Game 107
Norfolk 4, Chesapeake 1
Carlos Mateo (7-8) threw 8 innings, gave up 4 hits and 1 run and took home the win. Patrick Shelton hit a 2-run HR (2) and Brian Cline (13) and Julio Romero (3) added solo-shots. Cline and Jesus Rivera each posted 2 hits.

Game 108
Norfolk 3, Chesapeake 1
Karl Armstrong (6-9) got the win, going 7.1 innings, giving up 5 hits and 1 run. Carlos Rodriquez recorded the save (25). Tony Soto tripled in 2, the deciding runs, in the 8th. Four other Cavs each recorded a single, the only other hits of the night.

Injury News: After 15 days on the DL Joe Payne will be rejoining the team. To make room for Joe we will be sending Mason Foster back down to AAA. Mason was up with the Cav's for a while, but didn't get much PT. In 12 games, he went 3-16 for a .188 average.

Game 109
Norfolk 7, Chesapeake 2
Tsuneo Sato (11-3) continued his solid season, going 8.1 innings allowing 2 runs on 4 hits while striking out 8. The offense scored 7 on 12 hits and 6 walks. Leading the way was Chris Shopland with 3 hits and 2 runs. Jesus Rivera added 2 hits and 2 RBI.

Game 110
Norfolk 1, Chesapeake 4
Scott Smith (2-2) took the loss, but threw well. Smith went 8.0 innings, giving up 11 hits and 4 runs. The Cav's defense turned 5 double plays, in 8 innings. The offense was held to 4 hits, all singles. Gilberto Ramos knocked in Brian Cline for the only run.

Injury News: Elmer Hawkins has been activated from the DL and has been sent to AAA Yokohama to begin his rehab assignmetn. Elmer missed 7 weeks with a hamstring strain. He will get his innings in and be back up with the big team soon (hopefully). For the season Hawkins was 0-1 1.80 in 20 IP. He is the needed lefty out of the pen.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Alonso Reyna (Milton Brewers) 9-21 2 HR, 8 RBI
MarVa: Alfred East (Ellicott City Express) 9-21 3 HR, 4 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Norfolk Cavaliers (112.3)
2) Dover Generals (106.4)
3) Georgetown Sixteens (101.2)
4) Ocean City Tourists (99.4)
5) Richmond Cardinals (96.6)

GM Notes: The offense did alright this week, but we still need to get some of our power back. Jose Rodriquez should be back next week, which will be a nice addition to the lineup... Pitching is still up top in all categories, bullpen ERA is back to #2. I like to see that... Our defense is still shaky, dropping to .692. Injuries haven't helped... Last week was a great week, with our depleted offense to go 4-2 and beat a couple of good teams. Makes me feel better about August. Jose Rodriquez back in a week, Geoffrey Bayles back in 2 and Mauro Candelaria back in 3. Things are looking good.

and the spin off:

Old 08-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #119
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 19

Current Week: 5-2 (73-44 - GB 1st (+12))
Next Week: 3 vs Richmond, 3 @ Ocean City
Fan Interest: 58

Game 111
Milton 0, Norfolk 2
The week started off with a great pitching performance by Don Sweetapple (13-7) Don went 8 innings of shutout ball, giving up 6 hits. Carlos Rodriquez pitched the 9th for the save (26). Ron Adler had 2 hits to lead the offense and Brian Cline Cline and Allen Britt each had an RBI.

Game 112
Milton 3, Norfolk 4
Carlos Mateo, the king of the ND, pitched 7.1 innings of shutout ball, givng up 6 hits. Dalton Whitaker gave up 2 runs, in 2/3 of an inning to register a blown save and Carlos Rodriquez pitched the 9th to preserve the win (SV 27). Tony Soto and Brian Cline each had 2 hits, each hit a HR (16/14).

Game 113
Georgetown 2, Norfolk 1
Another fine start for the Cav's went to waste, as the offense couldn't get anything going. Karl Armstrong went 7 innings, giving up 4 hits and 1 run (0 ER). Javier Castro (4-3) gave up a run in the 8th to take the loss. Tony Soto had a solo-hr (17) to count for the only run of the game.

Transaction News: Jose Rodriquez rejoins the Cav's after being activated from the 15-day DL. To make room on the roster Allen Britt was sent down to AAA Yokohama. To make room in the lineup we moved Patrick Shelton to CF and moved Ron Alder to 1B. Ron isn't a first basemen, but we need his bat and speed in the lineup. Gilberto Ramos will be his defensive replacement. We will see how long this experiment lasts.

Game 114
Georgetown 1, Norfolk 3
Tsueno Sato (12-3) continued the hot streak of the starting staff, going 6 innings, allowing 1 run on 9 hits. Carlos Rodriquez picked up the save (28) throwing a perfect 9th. Brian Cline lead the offense with 3 hits and 2 RBI and Jose Rodriquez added 2 hits. That is a good sign, we need his bat (and defense) in the lineup.

Game 115
Norfolk 3, Baltimore 1 (10 innings)
Scott Smith bounced back, from his rocky start, to threw 8 innings of 2 hit ball. He allowed 1 unearned run. Carlos Rodriquez threw the 9th and 10th to take the win (4-3). Rod Alder had two hits including a solo-HR (6) in the first, and Jacob Chaney added 2 hits, including a 2-run single in the 10th.

Game 116
Norfolk 4, Baltimore 5
Don Sweetapple threw 8 innings, giving up 3 runs on 5 hits, and took the ND, as Javier Castro couldn't close out the game (4-4) and the Barons walked off with the win. Carlos Feliciano and Brian Cline each had 2 hits for the Cav's offense.

Game 117
Norfolk 9, Baltimore 6
Carlos Mateo (8-8) grabbed the win, going 5.1 innings, giving up 2 runs on 5 hits. Carlos Rodriquez pitched the 9th for the save (29). The 9 runs was the biggest output for the Cav's this week. Chris Shopland had 3 hits, with a solo HR (5) and Patrick Shelton also had 3 hits (raising his average over.200). Brian Cline (15) and Howard Harper (9) each hit HR's.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Juan Espinoza (Dover Generals) 11-26 5 HR, 15 RBI
MarVa: Dave Glenn (Annapolis Admirals) 11-25 2 HR, 4 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Norfolk Cavaliers (117.3)
2) Dover Generals (110.3)
3) Ocean City Tourists (97.8)
4) Wilmington Iron Pigs (97.6)
5) Georgetown Sixteens (95.9)

GM Notes: The offense wasn't weak this weekend, but thanks to our pitching we won some games. Next week will be interesting as we play our division rival Richmond as well as one of the leagues top teams Ocean City (the leader of their Division). Hopefully we can score some runs... We are still #1 in runs against and are #5 in runs for. Sadly we are back to being #8 in batting average... Ron Alder has started 3 games at first and has a ZR of -0.2, better than he was in center (-2.9) so the experiment will continue.

Notable League News: Billy Moore hit HR #50 this week, breaking the season record set by Abraham Thomas.

and the spin off:

Old 08-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #120
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 20

Current Week: 3-3 (76-47 - GB 1st (+13))
Next Week: 3 @ Ellicott City, 3 @ Chesapeake
Fan Interest: 58

Game 118
Richmond 2, Norfolk 0
Karl Armstrong (6-10) couldn't get any backing from the offense, as he threw 7.1 innings, giving up 2 runs on 5 hits. Carlos Feliciano and Brian Cline each had 2 hits for the Cav's who totaled 6.

Game 119
Richmond 7, Norfolk 10
Tsuneo Sato (13-3) went 7.2 innings, giving up 11 hits and 6 runs, but was the benefactor of solid offensive output. Carlos Rodriquez threw the 9th for the save (30). Brian Cline lead the offense with a 2-5 day, including 2-HR (17) and 5 RBI. Chris Shopland added 3 hits and Jose Rodriquez added hits, 1 being a HR (16).

Game 120
Richmond 4, Norfolk 6
Steve Smith (3-2) went 7 innings, giving up 4 runs (3 ER) on 5 hits for another solid start. Carlos Rodriquez pitched the 9th for the save (31). Pat Shelton had 2 hits and 2 RBI, Chris Shopland had 2 hits and 2 runs and Brian Cline added a HR (18) and 2 RBI.

Game 121
Norfolk 0, Ocean City 4
Don Sweetapple (13-8) took the loss going all 8 innings, giving up 8 hits and 4 runs. The offense was cold, only managing 3 hits. Chris Shopland, Pat Shelton singled, and Gilberto Ramos had a double.

Injury News: Mauro Candelaria suffered a set-back during his recovery from his fractured finger. It will be at least 2 more weeks before he will be ready to swing the bat.

Game 122
Norfolk 10, Ocean City 13
Carlos Mateo (8-9) got roughed up in 5.2 innings, giving up 9 runs (8 ER) on 12 hits. Joe Davis gave up 4 runs in 2 innings of relief. Joe Payne lead the offense with a 4-6 day with 4 RBI, Ron Alder and Tony Soto each had 3 hits, Soto had a 3-run HR (18) and Brian Cline hit a 2-run blast (19)

Game 123
Norfolk 6, Ocean City 4
Karl Armstrong (7-10) went 7 innings, giving up 3 runs on 10 hits. Carlos Rodriquez worked his way through a rough 9th for the save (32). Jacob Chaney went 2-4 with a HR (8). Tony Soto added 3 hits and Brian Cline had 2.

Transactions: Geoffrey Bayles had 2 successful starts in AAA and will be joining the big league club. To make room on the roster Joe Davis will be shipped out to AAA Yokohama. Joe was 1-0 7.71 in 7 games/11.2 IP with the big league team.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Peter Peters (New Castle Colonials) 8-18 3 HR, 6 RBI
MarVa: Lorenzo Nieto (Richmond Cardinals) 12-24 1 HR, 3 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Norfolk Cavaliers (114.2)
2) Dover Generals (108.5)
3) Ocean City Tourists (100.9)
4) Wilmington Iron Pigs (96.8)
5) Georgetown Sixteens (95.6)
** No change in top five, first time this season.

GM Notes: I am not sure what we will do with the pitching staff. Bayles will be in the rotation, move Smith to the bullpen? Go with a 6-man rotation? Save some arms for the playoffs? Have a little time to figure it out. Leaning towards to Smith going to the bullpen... The team was very inconsistent last week, but we maintained our lead in our division... Defensive Efficiency is down to .691, 4th in the league... Runs Scored we are 5th and, runs against we are 1st... Ron Alder is now rated a 2 at 1B and only has 1 error in 73 total chances... Our struggles with Ocean City show that we aren't quite ready for the big-boys just yet. We have to play at the top of our game to compete, doing that 4 out of 7 might be tough... Our magic number is now 27.

and the spin off:

Last edited by illeracula; 08-31-2013 at 08:55 PM.