Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 05-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
Ozymandius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Statistical Accuracy

My question is about the Statistical Accuracy option. from the online manual.

Statistical Accuracy
The Statistical Accuracy section defines whether or not OOTP should automatically adjust league totals modifiers for historical accuracy. If checked, OOTP automatically adjusts league totals after each season, based on the actual league totals in the upcoming year. This will result in your historical league producing league totals very similar to actual historical totals from that year.

If I am planning a league which will have a team be able to use any ballpark they wish, this seems like it would counteract park effects if an owner picked an extreme park. Just wondering if anyone has used this much or done much comparison to running historical league with and without this option. Thanks in advance. The league will also recalc player ratings after each yr based on historic performance if that matters.

Last edited by Ozymandius; 05-12-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Clarity
Ozymandius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Good question. I don't know the answer though.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Recalculating league totals according to history simply helps to make sure that overall league totals are accurate. It does not override park effects.

If one team in your league uses a ballpark with unusually drastic effects, player performances will change accordingly. But OOTP will still aim to get close to the overall league totals for a given year. So this could have a slight impact on the results from that ballpark on a macro level, but I don't think it's going to be very significant. In reality, it would adjust all outcomes from all ballparks to help account for the anomaly and make sure the overall total stats are still relatively accurate.

But one team's stats in an extreme ballpark are not really going to upset the overall stats for everyone in the league. And OOTP allows a certain amount of flexibility.

So I would expect that you will get the results you want without turning off the adjustment of league totals. But you can always turn them off and let your league take on a life of its own.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
seasideda
Minors (Double A)

Hey Charlie-
Is there any type of option or setting within OOTP that you can adjust so the AI does not use the leauge totals as the end result but rather base the leauge stats on just the overall actual players stats ? Why does ootp force you to choose an era but rather just let the players actual stats determin the league totals at the end. I only ask for ootp players who use teams from various years and forcing you to choose one era effects how players stats from teams not originally playing in that year or era might be effected.

Im playing a league with teams from 1903-2011 and I assume that by choosing one year (1975) to play my season, the stats at the end of the year are going to be close to that of 1975 even though players are from a variety of years so to compensate I might have players from the early 1900's hitting hrs way above their norm.
seasideda is offline   Reply With Quote