Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
UKRedSox
Major Leagues

Minor League Teams

First time I have really tried to set up a historical league.

Looking at starting in 2001, basically the first season I took an interest in Baseball and take over as the Boston Red Sox.

When setting up the league is there an option to ensure you get 'real life' minor leagues teams as for example the AAA team for the Red Sox is Pawtucket. I keep getting fictional named teams.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
UKRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

UK so u join simply want the minor league affiliates to have their real name then? If that is the case join use Wikipedia (usually dangerpus I know LOL). And, type in 2001 Red Sox it'll list the minor league for you.

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Scottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

With this game you'll find baseball reference is your friend.

2001 Minor League Affiliations - Baseball-Reference.com

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
UKRedSox
Major Leagues

Thanks Gents
UKRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

UK there is also a way to have all current (2012) minor leagues. I started my league in 1999 on 11 this way and there have been only a few misc problems.
Problems being the minor league teams had owners and all coaches were signed thru 2254.
Create your historical league with reserve rosters limit of say 30+.
Create a fictional league based on current MLB setup a MAL league. Delete all players from your MAL league. Delete the major league teams from the MAL league and using Wikipedia Minor League teams assign them to their current affiliates.
Make sure under League Setup Rules you now have a secondary roster, minor league options etc. You should now have all players that were on Boston's Reserve Roster now at Pawtucket or lower levels.

If you do an Inaugural draft then this becomes even easier to setup as initially I didn't have any minor leaguers showing up for my team. When I did a player search I found them all in my minor leagues. And over time ( up to Opening Day) they all were then showing in the lineups, pitching and rosters screens.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote