Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 08-31-2017, 10:15 PM   #121
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 20th, 1985

Today the Cubs are sending up Darryl Banks (4-5, 4.37).
We have Mike Krukow (9-7, 3.53).

I am 1 for 6 vs Banks.

We ran into some sloppiness in the 1st as Tom Lombarski scored on a Kenny Oberkfell error. I ended things by snagging a tough liner by Dave Martinez.

Cubs lead 1-0.

Martinez return the favour as I make the 1st out int he bottom half by flying out to him in centre. Bob Brenly knocks Chili Davis in to tie the score.

Game tied 1-1.

I come up int he 2nd with two out and Krukow on 1st. I leg out an infield hit to Garry Templeton at short. Kenny O makes up for his fielding gaffe by smacking a triple, scoring us both! Chili then doubles and Rob Deer hits a two-run dinger!

Giants lead 6-1!

The Cubbies gets some back as Ryne Sandberg hit s two-run homer in the 3rd.

Giants up 6-3.

I got the 1st out in the 4th, taking a Banks grounder. Shawon Dunston follows it with a solo homer. I got Sandberg's liner for the 2nd out.

Giants up 6-4.

I come up in the bottom half with one out and nobody on. I grounded out to Templeton after he gets a lucky bounce off the mound.

I handled a Jody Davis grounder for the 3rd out in the 5th.

The 5th was a good inning for us as Deer led off with a solo homer. Bb Brenly reached on an error and then moved to 3rd on a Jeff Leonard double. Mike Ladrete flew out and then the Cubs walked John Castino to face Krukow. Mike singled, scoring two! Then I came up against Dickie Noles and came up with my own RBI single!

Giants lead 10-4!

Curt Brown took over with one out in the 6th. He pitched that and the 7th before giving up to Pat Perry after he was pinch hit for.
Jody Davis grounded out to me for the 2nd out in the 8th.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Dunston at 3rd. Chili hit a two-run homer that inning.

Giants lead 12-4!

Turnabout is fair play as I got the 2nd out in the 9th off a Dunston grounder. Perry did the job and we won 12-4!

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #122
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 21st, 1985

Today the Cubs are using Bob Owchinko (2-9, 5.56)
The Giants are going with Colin Ward (6-2, 2.61)

Advantage: us.

I have gone 1 for 6 vs Owchinko, though the rest of the team has done quite well.

Except... bad news. Colin landed funny on a pitch to the first batter of the game. He go the strikeout but he came up hobbling. He had to be helped off the field with a calf strain.

(We were told after he only needs to rest it.)

So now we need the bullpen to get us through the rest of the game - starting with Frank Williams. He allowed one hit but I took a Tony Armas grounder for the 3rd out.

I led off our half by smashing a lien drive that was snagged by Shawon Dunston at 3rd.

I got another grounder in the 2nd, this one by Marvell Wynne, for the 2nd out.

In the bottom half Bob Brenly smacked a solo homer to put us on the board.

Giants lead 1-0!

Pat Perry took over pitching for us.

I didn't back him up and the 1st batter - Dunston - sent a grounder my way, which I threw away. Error. He ended up scoring.

Game tied 1-1. My fault.

I led off the bottom half, hoping to make amends. Instead I grounded out to the pitcher.

I got the 1st out in the 4th, taking a grounder from Jeff Jones. Dunston knocked in Garry Templeton to give the lead to the Cubs. I took a grounder from Ryne Sandberg for the 3rd out.

Cubs lead 2-1.

I got the 3rd out in the 5th - a grounder from Wynne.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and nobody on. Owchinko walked me. I was stranded there.

Scott Garrelts came on to pitch in the 6th. In the 7th I got the 3rd out again - again a grounder from Sandberg.

It was Mark Davis' turn on the mound in the 8th. Things went bad for him. He gave up a couple hits and a couple of walks, including walking in a run.

Cubs lead 3-1.

I led off the bottom of the 8th, now facing Al Holland. I grounded out to Sandberg at 1st.

Ron davis took over pitching in the 9th. He got through it and we were faced with out final outs, down by two.

Briefly.

Rob Deer led off with a solo blast, narrowing the margin to one.

Then Bob Brenly smacked a double and this started to really look possible.

Chris Brown flew out but Bob moved up. One out and the tying run was 90 feet away.

John Castino grounded out and Bob wasn't able to advance. Uh-oh.

Miek Aldrete came up and... singled to left! Tie game!

Ken Smith entered as a pinch hitter and... SMASHED THE BALL TO DEEP IN THE OUTFIELD! ALDRETE SCORED ALL THE WAY FROM FIRST AND WE HAD WALKED OFF WITH A 4-3 WIN!

Woooo!!!!!!

Great win.

(Too bad I played so badly.)

Also too bad that Colin got hurt.

After the game Eddie Vargas was sent back to Phoenix and Mike Jones was called back up. Eddie never got its he game. What is going on?

The Cardinals are in town tomorrow.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #123
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 22nd, 1985

The Cardinals are in town. They have not done well this year and we really need to take advantage of the opportunity to make up some ground.

St.Louis is pitching Rich Gale (4-6, 3.95).
San Francisco is answering with Terry Mulholland (6-7, 5.46)

I have gone 4 for 6 vs Gale. Time for a big game.

I got in the play right away as the Cards leadoff batter, Tom Herr, grounded out to me. Unfortunately their next batter, Juan Beniquez, took Terry deep.

Cardinals lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half by taking a walk. I was erased on a fielder's choice by Chili Davis. I came up next in the 3rd with one out and John Castino standing on 3rd. I hit what looked to be a sac fly but John was gunned down, turning it into a long double play.
I led off the 6th by grounding out to Phil Garner at short.
In the top of the 7th I started a Priske - Castino - Aldrete double play to get Terry Pendleton and Mark Salas.
In the bottom of the 7th Bob Brenly hit a solo shot to tie the game!

Game tied 1-1

With one out in the 8th Terry was lifted for Scott Garrelts (along with Jeff Leonard giving way to Sixto Lezcano in a double switch.)
I got Willie McGee out for the 2nd out, but Darrel Thomas scored on the play, giving the lead back to the Cardinals.

Cardinals lead 2-1

I came up in the bottom half with one out, now facing Dave Rucker. I singled into right. Chris Brown pinch hit for Kenny Oberkfell and also singled. I moved up to 3rd. Rucker walked Chili and the bases were juiced for Rob Deer. He worked a walk, sending me across to tie the game. Brenly then singled, scoring Chris! Tom O'Malley pinch hit for Garrelts and Rucker uncorked a wild one, scoring Chili!

Giants lead 4-2!

Ron Davis came in to try to close it out. I got the first out off a Garner grounder. Ron got the next two just as easily and the win was ours!

51-42

I went 1 for 3 with a single, a walk, and a run scored.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #124
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 23rd, 1985

Today the Cardinals are going with Danny Cox (8-7, 3.67)
The Giants are replying with Atlee Hammaker (7-9, 3.42)

I have gone 2 for 7 vs Cox.

The Cardinal struck early as Terry Pendleton hit a two-run single.

Cardinals lead 2-0.

I led off the bottom half by singling up the middle. I picked up stolen base #68 in short order. After Ken Oberkfell flew out I also stole 3rd. Chili Davis grounded out and I scored.

Cardinals lead 2-1.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and grounded out to Tom Herr at 2nd.

I got the 1st out in the 4th, grabbing a Phil Garner pop up. I also got the 1st out in the 5th, taking a David Green grounder.

I came up in the bottom of the 5th with one out and John Castino on 3rd and Kenny Smith on 2nd. I legged out an infield single, picking up the RBI as Castino crossed to tie the game. I immediately stole 2nd for stolen base #70. Kenny Smith scored on a Kenny O sac fly.

Giants lead 3-2!

In the 6th I got the 2nd out, taking a Garner grounder, and the 3rd out, making a tougher play on Terry Pendleton.

I came up in the 7th with one out, now facing Dave Rucker. I grounded out to Pendleton at 3rd.

In the 8th I was the pivot on a Hammaker - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Tom Herr and Juan Beniquez. Nice play by Atlee!

Ron Davis came in to close things out in the 9th (while Sixto Lezcano also came into left in a double with, in case Ron CAN'T get it done). He got the 1st out but then walked Garner. Pendleton then hit into an O'Malley - Priske - O'Malley double play to win the game!

That is five in a row for us!

2 for 4 with an RBI and a Run scored... and THREE stolen bases!

I was even quoted in the BNN recap where they called me 'the best prospect in baseball'.

52-42

NL West Standings

Dodgers - --
Reds - 0.5
Giants - 2.5

After the game we heard that Eddie Vargas and Mike Jones were swapping again. Eddie is up now.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:58 PM   #125
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 24th, 1985

Today the Cardinals are using Dave LaPoint (4-8, 2.75)
The Giants are trying for six in a row behind Jeff Robinson (7-8, 4.22)

LaPoint, eh? I am 0 for 10 vs LaPoint.

I led off the bottom of the 1st hoping to break that streak. Nope. Struck out. Chili Davis knocked Jeff Leonard in though.

Giants lead 1-0.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and flew out to Andy Van Slyke in right. 0 for 12.

I made a great diving catch on a Phil Genre liner for the last out in the top of the 4th.

In the 5th the Cards knotted it up off a Darrell Porter homer. I got the 3rd out off a Tom Herr grounder.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 6th with one out and grounded out to Herr at 2nd. 0 for 13. Jeff Leonard followed me with a solo shot to give us the lead back.

Giants lead 2-1!

Mark Davis took over pitching duties for us in the 7th. He was lifted for a pinch hitter so Scott Garrelts took over in the 8th.
I led off in the bottom half, now facing Neil Allen. He struck me out.
Ron Davis had been used quite a bit lately so Nestor left Garrelts in for the 9th. He gave up a triple to Andy Van Slyke to lead things off. He then walked Terry Pendleton. Garner grounded out to me and I looked Van Slyke back, though Pendleton advanced. Mickey Hatcher popped out and Darrell Porter grounded out. Garrelts pitched out of it and saved the 2-1 win!

That is six in a row for us!

Not a good game for me at the dish, but I'll take the win.

53-42

NL West

Reds - --
Dodgers - 0.5
Giants - 2.0

Old 09-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #126
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 25th, 1985

The Pirates are in town and we are running hot!

The Bucs are pitching Jim Beattie (2-5, 4.15)
The Giants are going with Mike Krukow (10-7, 3.60)

I have gone 1 for 3 vs Beattie.

Krukow got in trouble early, surrendering an RBI triple to Joe Orsulak. He was later gunned down at the plate before Kirk Gibson homered.

Pirates lead 2-0.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Ozzie Smith at short.

In the 2nd Ozzie hit a two-run single.

Pirates lead 4-0.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and hit a comebacker to Bettie for the 2nd out.

I got the 1st out in the 5th, taking a grounder from Orsulak.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and Tom O'Malley standing on 3rd. I flew out to Robin Yount in left.

I got the 1st out in the 6th - a grounder by Bill Madlock.

In the 7th we finally got on the board as Jeff Leonard smacked a two-run homer. I flew out to end the inning.

Pirates lead 4-2.

Mark Davis took over pitching in the 8th.

We couldn't make up any more ground and our winning streak ended there.

Whoa! After the game we were told that Kenny Smith had been traded! He went to the Mets in exchange for Lee Mazzilli and a minor leaguer named Mark Berry.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #127
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 26th, 1985

Mazzilli isn't here yet and apparently we are going without a back-up catcher. Hmmm....

Today the Pirates are sending up John Candelaria (11-3, 2.02)
We have Colin Ward (6-2, 2.59)

This could be interesting.

I have gone 2 for 8 vs Candy.

I made the first play of the game, getting Ozzie Smith out on a ground ball.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Bill Madlock at 3rd.

I got Johnny Ray's grounder to start off the 2nd. I then got Tony Pena's pop fly for the 2nd out.
The bad news there is that Colin Ward came off the mound holding his shoulder and had to be taken from the game. It looked bad.
Frank Williams took over.

In the bottom half Mike Aldrete pushed Bob Brenly across to open the scoring.

Giants lead 1-0.

Once again I got the 1st out in the 3rd - this time a Tim Tolman grounder. I should have had the 3rd out too, but I booted an Ozzie grounder! Thankfully he never scored.

I came up in the 3rd with one out. I struck out.

In the 4th Tony Pena hit a two-run double to take the lead back.

Pirates lead 2-1.

In the 5th Robin Young scored Ozzie for another run. We ended things with a Castino - Priske - Aldrete double play.

Pirates lead 3-1.

In the bottom half I came up with two out and Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd and Chris Brown on 1st. I popped out. Sigh.

Curt Brown took over for Frankie. I got the 3rd out for him in the 8th, snagging a Johnny Ray liner.

I came up in the bottom of the 8th with two out and I hit a single to left. I was stranded there.

Ron Davis came on to pitch the 9th. He did his job but we couldn't scratch anything across in the 9th and lost 3-1.

A lot happened after the game.

Colin Ward is hurt pretty bad. He is heading to the D.L. and word is that it will take up two months to come back.

They called up Randy Morse and Brian Harper from Phoenix and Mike Hargrove from Shreveport. Rob Deer and Mike Aldrete were both sent down.

My old buddy Dave Linton was dropped from the 40-man. Oh, and Lee Mazzilli arrived. I didn't get a good first impression.

Lots of changes. We'll see.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #128
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 27th, 1985

It is weird without Rob and Mike around here.

Today we have Terry Mulholland (6-7, 5.24) pitching for us.
The pirates have Rock Rhoden (9-4, 2.99).

Tough match-up.

I have gone 3 for 6 against Rhoden.

I get the first play of the game, handling an Ozzie Smith grounder.

I led off the bottom half by returning the favour.

In the 2nd we opened the scoring when John Castino knocked Jeff Leonard across.

Giants lead 1-0!

They got it back and more in the 3rd when Robin Youth doubled, scoring Ozzie and Bill Buckner. I grabbed a Kirk Gibson pop for the 1st out and a Johnny Ray grounder for the 2nd.

Pirates lead 2-1.

I came up int he home half with none out and Mulholland on 1st. I hit into a fielder's choice. No hit but an upgrade on the bases. I proved it by getting stolen base #71 AND #72 during the next at-bat. Kenny Oberkfell then singled me home. Lee Mazzilli later pushed him across and we had the lead back.

Giants lead 3-2!

I got Ozzie for the 1st out again in the 5th. I then got Buckner the same way for the 2nd.

In the bottom half I came up with one out and Rhoden struck me out.

My busy defensive dat turned negative in the 6th when I blew a Ray grounder for my 20th error of the season. Thankfully he never scored.

Ron Davis took over on the mound in the 8th. He struck out the side.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Rhoden... but Buckner dropped the ball at 1st! Safe on an error. I moved to 2nd when Kenny O walked and to 3rd on a Chili Davis fly ball. I was stranded there.

Ron got 3 in a row, including two more strikeouts, to save the game!

We win 3-2!

54-44

Not a great day for me, except on the basepaths where I got two stolen bases and a run scored.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #129
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 28th, 1985

Today the Pirates are pitching Jose DeLeon (5-8, 3.65)
The Giants are going with Atlee Hammaker (8-9, 3.36)

I have gone 2 for 6 vs DeLeon.

I got into the action right away, taking a grounder from Ozzie Smith for the first out.

I led off our half by working a walk. I tried to steal 2nd but this time they had the timing down and I was nailed on a pitch out.

The Pirates opened the scoring in the 4th as Robin Yount crossed on a Tony Pena ground out.

Pirates lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half and DeLeon struck me out.

I made up for in the 6th when I snagged a Kirk Gibson liner with a highlight reel catch!

I led off again that inning and DeLeon struck me out again.

I got the 1st out in the 8th, taking a grounder from DeLeon. Scott Garrelts then took over pitching, with Tom O'Malley taking over for Mike Hargrove at 1st in a double switch.

I came up in the bottom half with one out. I dropped a single into left field. They didn't sniff it out this time and I stole 2nd for #73 and 3rd for #74. I just couldn't get that last 90 feet.

And that was that. We just couldn't get to DeLeon so lost 1-0.

I went 1 for 3 with a pair of stolen bases.

54-45

Tomorrow we head down to L.A.

Last edited by rpriske; 09-10-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #130
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 29th, 1985

We are in L.A. and Jeff Robinson (8-8, 4.07) is set to got for the Giants.
The Dodgers are answering with Fernando Valenzuela (12-6, 2.07).

Fernando-mania is sweeping the nation.

I have gone 1 for 7 against him.

I led off the game by lining out to R.J. Reynolds in left.

The Dodgers opened the scoring right away as Pedro Guerrero singled home Darrell Evans with two out.

Dodgers lead 1-0.

We evened it up in the 2nd when Mike Hargrove knocked in Jeff Leonard.

Game tied 1-1.

I led off the 3rd by working a walk. One stolen base attempt - one pitch out - one wasted walk.

In the home half Steve Sax doubled home Fernando, then Mike Marshall did the same for him. Later Reynolds hit a two-run double.

Dodgers lead 5-1.

I snagged a liner by Fernando in the 4th, but in the process I turned my ankle. The trainer came out to check on me but I was able to walk it off.

Curt Brown took over for Robinson in the 5th. I helped him out, taking a Marshall grounder for the 1st out.

I led off the 6th by grounding out to Dave Anderson at short.

In the bottom half I started a Priske - Mullins - Hargrove double play to het the first two outs.

I came up in the 7th with two out and Eddie Vargas on 3rd and Mike Hargrove on 1st. Big at-bat.
Grounded out to Steve Sax at 2nd.

Pat Perry took over mound duties for us after that.

We closed the gap in the 8th with tree consecutive this by Chili Davis, Bob Brenly, and Jeff Leonard, followed by a sac fly by Eddie Vargas.

Dodgers lead 5-3.

In the top of the 9th Tom O'Malley pinch hit for Pat and hit a single. My turn next, facing Tom Niedenfuer. I dropped the ball into short centre and now we had the tying runs on 1st and 2nd. Chris Brown struck out. Chili flew out to deep centre and O'Malley advanced to 3rd. Niedenfuer tried to pick me off first and threw it away. O'Malley scored and I moved to 2nd.
Bob Brenly hit a two run homer! We had the lead!

Giants lead 6-5!

Bottom of the 9th and in comes Ron Davis to close things out!
No such luck. Sid Bream came in as a pinch hitter and hit a solo homer to tie the game back up. Now Ron had to hold them to go to extras. He gave up a single but then struck out three straight.

Game tied 6-6. On to the 10th.

Once again I came up in a pretty key situation. Two out with Mike Hargrove on 3rd and Kenny Oberkfell on 1st. I was facing Ken Howell.
And I hit it into the left field corner! Hargrove scored! Kenny O went to 3rd! Double! My 27th RBI!

Giants lead 7-6!

Mark Davis took the mound at out second chance to close things out.
Infield single for Mike Scioscia. Sac bunt by Jim Dwyer. Fly ball by Dave Anderson. Now with two out, Candy Maldonado up with the tying run on 2nd.
Ground out to Hargrove at 1st.

7-6 extra inning win!

I was 2 for 5 with a double, walk, RBI and run scored! I was highlighted on the official recap!

55-45

We saw a bunch more changes after the game, including bad news of ranter teammate.

Rob Deer is back, as are John Rabb and Mike Jones.

Fran Mullins and Eddie Vargas are sent to Phoenix.

It was worse for Jeff Leonard. He was placed on waivers and designated for assignment.

Also, an update about Dave Linton - he cleared waivers and was assigned to Single A Fresno. I hope he can put it back together down there.

Old 09-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #131
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 30th, 1985

After that great win yesterday, the team is pretty hyped up. We lost Jeff Leonard, which is too bad, but it is nice to see Rob Deer back up. He belongs here, for sure.

Today we are pitching Mike Krukow (10-8, 3.67).
The Dodgers are going with Jerry Koosman (10-3, 4.05).

I have yet to face Koosman.

I led off the game by striking out. Koos is tough!

I made the first out in both halves of the inning as I snagged a nasty grounder by Steve Sax.

I came up next in the 3rd, with one out. I have felt better at the plate lately and this time... yeah. Home run #4. Wooooo! Later that inning Lee Mazzilli hit a two-run double, scoring Chili Davis and Bob Brenly. Then he scored on a Ken Oberkfell single.

Giants lead 4-0!

The Dodgers struck back in the bottom half as Sax singled home Dave Anderson. Sax thens tole 2nd and when he tried streaking 3rd, Brenly threw it away, allowing him to score. Bob actually made two errors that inning. Unusual for him.

Giants still up 4-2.

I came up the next inning with two out. I grounded out to Sax at 2nd.

In the 5th Chili and Brenly hit back-to-back bombs!

Giants up 6-2!

Oops. In the bottom half Mike Marshall smacked a three-run bomb to bring the Dodgers within one. Then R.J. Reynolds knocked Darrell Evans home to tie it up. I got Candy Maldonado for the 2nd out but Reynolds scored. You know it is bad inning when their pinch-hitter gets up twice. Krukow even walked in a run before getting pulled for Frank Williams. He immediately gave up a two-run single to Marshall (giving him 5 RBI of the inning). Brenly made his third throwing error of the game and Sax scored. Then Hargrove made an error and Marshall scored.
TEN RUNS SCORED FOR L.A. that inning.

Dodgers lead 12-6.

I came up in the 6th with nobody out and Frank Williams on 1st, now facing Jerry Reuss. I flew out to Marshall in right.

I handled a Dave Anderson grounder for the 3rd out in the bottom half.

Chili hit his second homer in the 7th.

Dodgers lead 12-7.

I came up facing Randy Lerch in the 8th. Two out and nobody on. I hit it into the right field corner for a double. I was stranded there.

Pat Perry took over as hurler. He gave up a two-run double to pinch hitter Rich Dauer. I took a Marshall grounder for the last out.

Dodgers won 14-7.

I good day for me at the plate (2 for 5 with a double and a homer), but a real bad day for us as a team.

That was an ugly inning.

55-46

Old 09-13-2017, 10:00 PM   #132
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 31st, 1985

Randy Morse is going to make his major league debut for the Giants today. He is replacing the injured Colin Ward.

The Dodgers are using Rick Honeycutt (7-7, 5.00).

I am 3 for 8 vs Honeycutt.

I led off the game by grounding out to Steve Sax at 2nd.

Interestingly, Sax led off the bottom half by grounding out to me. I also got Mike Marshall for the 2nd out and Pedro Guerrero for the 3rd. Busy inning!

In the 2nd Mike Jones knocked Mike Hargrove in to give us the lead.

Giants lead 1-0!

I was the pivot on an Oberkfell - Priske - Hargrove double play to get Candy Maldonado and Steve Braun to end the inning.

I led off the 3rd by grounding out to Braun at short. Sixto Lezcano smacked a two-run homer that frame.

Giants lead 3-0!

In the bottom half my busy day continued as I took a grounder by Jeffrey Brown for the 1st out.

In the 4th the Dodgers got on the board when a sac fly by Maldonado scored Guerrero. Darrell Even followed with a solo homer.

Giants still up 3-2.

I led off the 5th by grounding out to Sax again.

In the bottom half Marshall singled in Wayne Gross to tie the game.

Game tied 3-3.

In the 6th Maldonado hit a solo homer to give L.A. the lead. Evans grounded out to me for the 1st out.

Dodgers lead 4-3.

Mark Davis took over for Morse in the 7th.

I led off the 8th by taking an inside pitch off the arm. I moved to 2nd on a wild pitch and then 3rd on a ground out by Chris Brown. I scored the tying run off a Sixto single.

Game tied 4-4.

That was short lived as Maldonado singled Guerrero across in the bottom half.

Dodgers lead 5-4.

Kenny Oberkfell led off the 9th with a triple off Tom Niedenfuer! Mike Hargrove grounded out to the mound. Mike Jones put one over the right field wall and we had the lead back! I came up with one out and Tom O'Malley on 1st. The L.A. closer struck me out.

Giants lead 6-5!

Ron Davis came in to try and do what Niedenfuer couldn't. I got the first out, taking a grounder from pinch-hitter Sid Bream. Two batters later, we had the win!

56-46

We have an off-day tomorrow, then we are in to Atlanta.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #133
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 2nd, 1985

We are in Atlanta to take on Jim Palmer (3-9, 6.16) and the Braves.

We are going with Atlee Hammaker (8-10, 3.26)

Obviously this is no longer peak Palmer. Aging is a harsh mistress.

I am 1 for 3 against him.

I led off by grounding out to Paul Zuvella at 2nd.

I got the final out in the 2nd, taking a grounder by Palmer.

I came up in the 3rd with Mike Jones standing on 3rd and Atlee on 2nd. Nobody out. I struck out. Both guys ended up scoring on an error by Zuvella.

Giants lead 2-0.

In the home half we got an off Castino - Mazzilli - Priske double play. getting Gerald Perry at 1st before getting Davey Concepcion at 2nd.

In the 4th I came up with 2 out and both John Castino and Miek Jones in scoring position. I flew out to left to end the threat.

This is what I get for implying that Palmer is over the hill. He is owning me.

In the 4th we got a more traditional Priske - Castino - Mazzilli double play to get Reggie Jackson and Ron Cey.

In the 5th I got the first out off a Concepcion grounder and the 3rd out off the same by Cey.

I next came up in the 6th with to out, Sixto Lezcano on 3rd and Mike Jones on 1st. No more Palmer though. Jeff Dedmon was on the mound. I fared no better, grounding out to Dedmon.

Frank Williams took over for us that inning. Atlee had a shut out but used a lot of pitched to get there. He allowed a couple of base runner but I handled a grounder from pinch hitter Ben Oglivie to end the inning.

I got the 1st out in the 7th off a Gerald Perry pop up. The Braves got on the board that inning when Andres Galarrage singled home Concepcion.

Giants lead 2-1.

Ron Davis took over for us in the 8th, looking for that 2 inning save. I got him the 3rd out, handling a Concepcion grounder.

I led off the 9th, now facing Ed Vande Berg. I lined out to Concepcion. Bob Brenly hit a two-run homer to give us some insurance.

Giants lead 4-1!

The Brave loaded the bases in the 9th but Ron got out of it for the 4-1 win.

57-46

Terrible day for me at the plate. 0 for 5.

Oh, I forgot to mention, Davey Concepcion collected hit #2000 in the game. They stopped for a little mini celebration for the fans.

One day that will be me.

We are only a half game behind the Reds for 2nd (and another 3 games behind the Dodgers for 1st) in the NL West.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:41 PM   #134
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 3rd, 1985

Today we have Jeff Robinson (8-8, 4.32), who is really turning his season around after a rough start.
The Braves are going with Mike Payne (1-6, 5.75).

I am 3 for 4 vs Payne. I really want a big day today.

I led off the game by grounding out to Dusty Baker at 1st... or that is, I would have, but Baker threw it away when tossing it to Payne, covering the bag! I ended up at 2nd on the error. Then Ken Oberkfell singled and I scored! Getting off to a good start!
Then Chili Davis doubled and Rob Deer walked, loading the bases. Then Bob Brenly walked, pushing a run across. Then Mike Hargrove walked, pushing another across! John Castino scored another on a sac fly, Mike Jones struck out and Jeff Robinson singled, scoring Brenly! I came up again, and flew out to centre for the 3rd out.

Giants lead 5-0!

The Braves struck back right away as Davey Concepcion hit a lead off homer. Later Ron Cry singled Andres Galarraga home.

Giants up 5-2.

In the 2nd Concepcion scored Ben Oglivie on a ground out. I got Gerald Perry's grounder for the 3rd out.

Giants up 5-3.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and Robinson on 1st. I fouled out to Baker.

In the home half Galarraga hit a lead off homer.

Giants still lead 5-4.

In the 4th Chili singled and then Payne walked the next FIVE straight batters. Robinson hit into a double play and then I walked. All in all we scored 4 more times, mostly without hitting.

Giants lead 9-4.

In the bottom half I got the 2nd out, taking a Payne grounder. (Why is he still in the game?). Jeff ran out of steam this inning and was replaced by Curt Brown.

In the 5th we got another run, this one off a Brenly sac fly scoring Chili.

Giants lead 10-4.

I got the 3rd out in the bottom half, taking a Baker grounder.

I came up in the 6th, now facing Steve Bedrosian. I rapped a double off the centre field wall. I stole 3rd for #75, but I went in pretty hard. I short visit from the trainer and I walked it off. Kenny O walked and I scored on an infield single by Chili. Then Deer singled, scoring Kenny. Brenly singled, scoring Chili. Hargrove singled, scoring Deer!

Giants lead 14-4!

In the 7th I came up with none out and Mike Jones on 3rd and Lee Mazzilli on 1st. Jeff Dedmon was not he mound. I grounded out, but in a productive way, scoring Jones.

Giants lead 15-4.

Pat Perry took over pitching for us.

In the 8th Mike Jones singled home both Brenly and Hargrove.
I grounded out for the 3rd out.

Giants lead 17-4.

Scott Garrelts took over for us in the 8th. I started a Priske - Rabb - Hargrove double play, getting Dusty and Oglivie.

I also go sth e1st out int he 9th, taking a grounder from pinch hitter Brad Komminsk.

This was a blow out for us.

I only went 1 for 6 but I had an RBI, 2 runs scored, a walk, and a stolen base.

58-46

Old 09-17-2017, 10:15 PM   #135
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 4th, 1985

Today the Giants are going with Mike Krukow (10-9, 4.12).
The Braves are answering with Len Barker (5-12, 4.99).

I haven't faced Barker yet.

I don't waste my first chance, singling to left to open the game. Then, while stealing 2nd, I take advantage of Tommy Thompson throwing away the caught stealing attempt and advance to 3rd. I then score on a Kenny Oberkfell sac fly.

Giants lead 1-0.

I got the 1st out in the home shelf, taking a Davey Concepcion grounder. Gerald Perry then put one into the left field stands to tie the score.

Game tied 1-1.

We got in right back in the 2nd when the two Mikes, Joins and Hargrove, combined to put us back up.

Giants lead 2-1.

I led off the 3rd by dropping on win front of home and getting thrown out by catcher Thompson.

The misty weather turned into a 35 minute rain delay in the bottom of the inning. I hate playing on wet grass. After we started playing again Perry knocked Thompson across to knot things back up.

Game tied 2-2.

I got the 1st out in the 4th, handling a Ben Oglivie grounder. I did the same to Paul Runge for the 2nd out.

I led off the 5th by grounding out to Ron Cey at 3rd. Rob Deer hit s two-run homer that frame.

Giants lead 4-2.

Dusty knocked Concepcion across in the bottom half to lower the lead to one. I got Cey to end the inning.

Giants still up 4-3.

Curt Brown took over for Krukow in the 6th. Milt Thompson hit a pinch hit RBI single to score Runge and tie the game yet again.

Game tied 4-4.

I led off the 7th, now facing Ken Dayley. I flew out to Ben Oglivie in left. Brenly got us the lead back, knocking Chili across.

Giants lead 5-4.

It didn't last as Cey knocked Reggie Jackson in to tie it right back up. After the bases loaded back up due to a Mike Jones error, Mark Davis came it to try and get us out of it. Runge grounded to me and I gunned it home to get Dusty out and save a run.

Game tied 5-5.

In the 8th I came up with none out and the bases loaded: John Castino on 3rd, Mike Jones on 2nd, and pinch hitter Brian Harper on 1st. Harper was walked to face me. I know it is about the double play, but I still take it personally.

Time for a big hit.

Not quite. Fielder's choice, getting Castino at home. John Rabb pinch hit for Kenny O and hit a sac fly, scoring Jones.

Giants lead 6-5.

Harper stayed in to play 3rd. Ron Davis took over for the 2-inning save.

I helped him out by starting a Priske - Castino - Hargrove double play, getting Brad Komminsk and Davey Concepcion. The 8th went fine but Oglivie hit a two-run walk-off two -out homer to steal the game away from us.

We lost 7-6.

58-47

I went 1 for 5 with a run scored and a stolen base.

Tomorrow we are in Houston.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #136
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 5th, 1985

Into the Astrodome to face the Astros.

Houston is pitching Bert Blyleven (8-10, 4.17).
The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (7-7, 5.07).

I am 0 for 3 vs the crafty vet.

I led off the game by continuing that o-fer streak, but reaching anyway as Bill Doran made a throwing error, pulling Keith Hernandez off the bag at 1st.
That was followed by stolen base #77.

I am on pace for 119. Not quite Rickey Henderson's record of 130 in a season, but just ahead of Lou Brock for second place on the all-time modern list.

What the hell, why stop there? I took 3rd for stolen base #78.

After Kenny Oberkfell struck out and Chili Davis walked, Rob Deer smacked one over the fence in left field.

Giants lead 3-0!

I led off again in the 3rd and again reached 1st without collecting a hit. This time rather than hitting, I was hit. I wonder if Bert wasn't happy about those stolen bases? If so, too bad. Stolen base #79 quickly follows. Then Kenny O hit a double and I scored again. Chili grounded out, moving Kenny to 3rd. Deer struck out but then another error(this one by Doug DeCinces at 3rd), allowing Brenly to reach and scoring Kenny. Mike Hargrove doubled and Brenly scored.

How many unearned runs is that so far? Three?

Giants lead 6-0!

In the 4th I came up with one out and nobody on. I didn't reach this time as Bert struck me out. That is 100 of those so far as well.

In the home half DeCinces made up for it a bit by hitting an RBI double, scoring Doran. Keon Landreaux plated Hernandez with a sac fly. Dickie Thon hit a two-run double.
When Ron Hassey struck out to end the inning he took umbrage at the call. Before too long he was ejected from the game. The way I have been running on him, I don't; know if that is good or bad.

Houston struck back. Giants lead 6-4.

I came up in the 6th with two out, now facing Mike Madden. He struck me out as well.

Scott Garrelts took over on the mound for us in the 8th after Terry was lifted for a pinch hitter. Things turned badly fairly quickly as he walked Jerry Mumphrey and then surrendered a game-tying gopher ball to Keith Hernandez.

Game tied 6-6.

I was lifted for a pinch hitter - Chris Brown - in the 9th.

We lost in the 12th.

58-48

Old 09-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #137
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 6th, 1985

Today the Giants are going with Randy Morse (0-0, 6.00) in his 2nd outing.

The Astros are pitching Ray Burris (10-5, 3.78).

Looks like a mismatch, but we have faith in Randy.

I have gone 1 for 6 vs Burris.

I lead off the game by popping out to Keith Hernandez at 1st.

I made the first out on offence so it is only fair that I made the first out on defense - taking a Bill Doran grounder.

I came up in the 3rd with none out and Morse standing on 1st. He hit the 2nd pitch into the left field corner for a double, moving Randy to 3rd. Mike Jones then walked to load the bases. Chili Davis singled and both Randy and I scored. Rob Deer struck out and Chris Brown grounded out, moving Jones and Chili to scoring positions. Lee Mazzilli reached on an error, allowing Jones to score. John Castino walked. Brian Harper walked, pushing another run in. Randy Morse singled, scoring Mazzilli and Castino. I struck out to end the inning. Six runs, only one earned.

Giants lead 6-0!

I got a Jerry Mumphrey grounder for the 2nd out in the 4th. After that Keith Hernandez singled, getting the first baserunner for Houston.

In the 5th I was pivot on a Castino - Priske - Mazzilli double play, nailing Dickie Then and Ron Hassey.

I led off the 6th by grounding out to Hernandez at 1st.

I go the 1st out in the bottom half off a pinch hitter Terry Puhl grounder.

In the 8th I came up with one out and popped up to Doran at 2nd. In the bottom half I got Glenn Davis' pinch hitter grounder for the 2nd out.

In the end Randy Morse threw a 6-hit shut out in his 2nd ever start!

We won 6-0! 59-48!

I went 1 for 5 with a double and a run scored.

We have passed the Reds into 2nd place in the NL West... though we still trail the Dodgers by 4.5 games.

Tomorrow we have a travel day and then we are home to face the Braves!

Last edited by rpriske; 09-24-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #138
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 8th, 1985

The Braves are in town and they are sending up a rookie named Tom Glavine (2-3, 6.95).
The Giants are answering with Atlee Hammaker (9-10, 3.15).

None of us have faced Glavine. I am hoping to give him a rude welcome.

Atlee got the Braves 1-2-3 and then I led off the home half. I hit a grounder to Davey Concepcion at short but he threw badly and I reached on his error. Before I could even try to steal 2nd, John Castino singled and I moved up 60 feet. Then Chili Davis singled and I scored from 2nd. Castino ended up scoring on a Bob Brenly sac fly.

Giants lead 2-0.

I got the 1st out in the 2nd, off a Ron Cey grounder. The Braves got on the board when Reggie Jackson scored from 2nd on a Brad Komminsk single.

Giants still lead 2-1.

I led off the bottom of the 3rd by dropping a single into right. This time I not only stole 2nd but moved up to 3rd on an errant throw. That is 80 stolen bases. On pace for 120.
Chili singled me home again. Rob Deer then smashed a two-run homer.

Giants lead 5-1!

I got the 1st out in the 4th off a Cey grounder again.
I came up in the bottom half with two out and Atlee on 1st. I grounded out to Cey at 3rd.

In the 5th Deer doubled Chili home and Brenly hit a two-run blast.

Giants up 8-1!

I came up in the 6th with one out and Atlee on 1st again. I grounded out to Dusty Baker at 1st. Back to back doubles by Castino and Child needed us a couple more runs.

Giants lead 10-1!

I got Reggie's grounder for the 2nd out in the 7th.

Glavine is still out there. What are the Braves doing? They could really be hurting this guy's future here. He is nearly as young as I am.

They finally pulled him after 7.

In the 8th I came up with two out, now facing Steve Bedrosian. He struck me out.

Ron Davis came in to mop up the 9th.

We won 10-1.

60-48

I went 1 for 5 with a stolen base and two runs scored.

We heard after the game that Jeff Leonard was granted his release. He is a good guy and I am sure he will catch on somewhere. He isn't done at 29.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:41 AM   #139
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 9th, 1985

Today the Braves are pitching Len Barker (5-12, 4.99).
The Giants are going with Jeff Robinson (8-8, 4.49).

I am 1 for 3 vs Barker.

After getting the Braves 1-2-3 in the top half, I led off the bottom half. I hit it deep at 3rd and outran Ron Cey's chance to throw me out. Single! Then stolen base #81! I advanced on a Chili Davis fly ball for the 2nd out and was left on 3rd.

In the 2nd Dusty Baker took Jeff deep, giving Atlanta the lead.

Braves lead 1-0.

I made my first defensive play in the 3rd, taking a Gerald Perry grounder for the 2nd out.

In the bottom half I came up with one out and took a walk. Stolen base #82. Stolen base #83. I then scored on a Ken Oberkfell sac fly to tie the game. That is making a difference with speed!

Game tied 1-1.

I finished the top of the 4th by starting a Priske - Castino - Hargrove double play to get Tommy Thompson and Paul Zuvella out.

In the bottom of the 5th I came up with two out and grounded out to Zuvella at 2nd.

I handled the 1st out in the 6th, taking a grounder from Cey. Frank Williams took over for Robinson with two out that frame.

The bottom of the 6th things went well.
Kenny Oberkfell singled and Chili Davis both singled and then moved up on a Rob Deer grounder. They intentionally walked Bob Brenly and then Unintentionally walked Mike Hargrove, scoring Kenny. John Castino singled, scoring Chili. Bob scored on a passed ball and Miek Jones struck out. Lee Mazzili pinch hit for Frank and doubled, scoring two. Steve Bedrosian took over on the mound and struck me out.

Giants lead 6-1!

Curt Brown took over pitching for us in the 7th. Milt Thompson pinch hit for Bedrosian and hit a one-out solo homer.

Giants lead 6-2.

In the 8th I made highlight reel catch, diving to snag a liner by Dusty Baker to end the inning.

In the bottom half I came up with two out and Castino on 2nd and Jones on 1st, facing Jeff Dedmon. I hit one right up the middle for an RBI single! That is 30 RBI for me.

Giants lead 7-2!

Pat Perry took the mound in the 9th. The first batter was Thompson and he grounded out to me. Two batters later we had won 7-2.

Big day for me! 2 for 4 with a pair if singles, a walk, and RBI, a run scored, and 3 stolen bases! On pace for 123!

The Giants are 61-48 and trail the Dodgers by 4 games.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:02 AM   #140
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 10th, 1985

After yesterday and am really raring to go today!

The Braves are pitching Rick Mahler (7-11, 4.42).
The Giants are going with Mike Krukow (10-9, 4,16).

I am 0 for 5 vs Mahler but I think that will change today!

I led off the bottom half of the 1st by grounding out to Dusty Baker at 1st.

In the 3rd Gerald Perry took Krukow deep with a man on to open the scoring.

Braves lead 2-0.

In the 4th Ben Oglivie hit a solo shot to give Atlanta another run, while we had yet to reach base.

Braves lead 3-0.

I led off the 4th by grounding out to Ron Cey at 3rd. We finally got a hit, and it was a biggie, as Chili Davis homered.

Braves lead 3-1.

I led off the home half of the 6th by flying out to Perry in centre. I am now 0 for 8 vs Mahler.

Scott Garrelts took over for Krukow with one out in the 8th. It was a double switch, bring in Brian Harper for Kenny Oberkfell at the same time.
Garrelts walked two with two out int he 9th and he got lifted for Ron Davis in another double switch as Tom O'Malley took over for Mike Hargrove at 1st.
With all the switched, maybe I don't get lifted in the 9th.

And I wasn't. I am leading off the 9th, facing Brian Fisher. I flew out to Perry in centre again.

After a great day, a bad day. I went 0 for 4 and we lost 3-1.

61-49