Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 05-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #32421
Chickazoola
Minors (Triple A)

Al Martin update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickazoola View Post
I've found several photos of Al Martin, who played for the Eckfords and the Atlantics of the National Association. There are quite a few photos of him on Ancestry.com including the two attached photos of him in uniform.
As a follow up to this, the astute UKbaseballfan suggested that the photos I included of Al Martin, may in fact be of Alphonse "Phonney" Martin. Both men appear to have played for the Morrisania club in the late 1860's.

Their is a similarity between the images and the facepack image of Phonney Martin, but I am not skilled at facial identification so I will defer to the experts.

Fortunately there were two more photos of an older Al Martin on his ancestry page. So either way, we've got an image.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Chickazoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:13 PM   #32422
Home Free
Minors (Triple A)

As a thank-you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Narum View Post
Merkle, thanks for all the info - looking forward to seeing what shows up.

Too bad about all the W's and high letters after TE. Are those a lost cause?

I'd love to get some nice Vault shots of guys like Roy White, Earl Williams, Del Unser, Dick Woodson, Ron Woods and others who are missing either totally or in some of their unis.

FWIW, a few others I'd love to see are Jack Brohamer (esp. 1972), Carl Morton, and Roger Freed (Phillies, Reds).

If this is truly the case, removed with apologies. Did not get them from the Hall.

Attachment 557401 Attachment 557402

Last edited by Home Free; 05-23-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Home Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #32423
SDL
Minors (Triple A)

Looking for the Vault status of the following...

Jack Baldschun A's (ST 1969)
Bill "Bugs" Moran, White Sox
Ron Herbel, Mets (1970 season) and Twins (ST 1972)
John Herrnstein, Braves 1966
Larry Maxie, Atlanta Braves (circa 69)
Mike Fiore, Orioles (pre-'69) and Braves :ST 1973

Last edited by SDL; 05-21-2018 at 09:39 PM.
SDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #32424
Buster Narum
Minors (Double A)

Curt Blefary (1965)

Another "DNP" - Blefary signed with the Braves in January, 1973 and played a handful of games in the minors for them.

From eBay & kyle's again
Attached Images
Buster Narum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:33 PM   #32425
Merkle923
Hall Of Famer

Copyright risk

Attn Moderator: the above photos of Carl Morton and Earl Williams are obviously the work of the Bay Area photographer Doug McWilliams. They’re not from Topps. They’re not posted with his copyright. They appear to have been obtained from the McWilliams collection at the Hall of Fame Library, and if they find out that Rico43 (banned)/ Rainmaker (banned)/HomeFree is posting their stuff here without their permission they are going to come down on this site like a ton of bricks.

The way this one individual ruined our informal relationship with Topps, requiring months of reassurance and rebuilding, will look like nothing if these McWilliams shots are indeed from the HOF.
Merkle923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #32426
Merkle923
Hall Of Famer

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDL View Post
Looking for the Vault status of the following...

Jack Baldschun A's (ST 1969)
Bill "Bugs" Moran, White Sox
Ron Herbel, Mets (1970 season) and Twins (ST 1972)
John Herrnstein, Braves 1966
Larry Maxie, Atlanta Braves (circa 69)
Mike Fiore, Orioles (pre-'69) and Braves :ST 1973
No on Herrnstein, Maxie (latest was Milwaukee). They’ve sold some ‘65-66 Fiore (used one on his ‘69 card), didn’t see the Baldschun, Moran and Herbel files going through the room - should’ve asked a month ago when I first posted about this. Not sure if I’m going back. They once had Herbel/Mets (no Twins), Moran, Baldschun/A’s. If I go back I’ll look.
Merkle923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:53 PM   #32427
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Jim Rowe Mets

As I'm likely headed to either bankruptcy or prison because of medical debt, and I suspect these will be among the "assets" liquidated, I'm going to post a bunch of Jim Rowe Mets photographs (that's how they were identified/represented) I purchased ages ago. A bunch of these were previously posted to baseball-birthdays, but a lot more weren't. And baseball-birthdays is no more, of course. I tend to over-saturate images, but these were pretty heavily saturated to begin with. Not a difficult fix, if you think they're too heavily saturated. There are a lot of them, so I'll do this over time. If there's no objection.... The first five.....

Brent Gaff, Chris Jelic, Danny Heep, Dave Liddell, Lou Thornton
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
FatJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:04 PM   #32428
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Jim Rowe Mets (2)

Randy Myers, Jeff Innis, Julio Machado, Junior Ortiz, Tim Burke
Attached Images
Old 05-23-2018, 05:19 PM   #32429
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Jim Rowe Mets (3)

These (15) are mostly the ones I had posted at b-b and, as such, are likely the players with the fewer images out in the wild. No real White Whales, per se. At the time, I was pretty pleased to get a Lou Thornton, Dave Liddell, Larry Bowa and Rick Sweet. Point is if you're waiting for a real White Whale to come later in these Rowes, it probably ain't happenin'. Just sayin'.

Mike Howard, Rick Anderson, Wes Gardner, Larry Bowa, Rick Sweet
Attached Images
Old 05-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #32430
rrb77
All Star Starter

Tom Ferrick

1942,46 Cleveland Indians...from ebay seller fedxit
Attached Images
rrb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #32431
Terry D
Major Leagues

Joel Finch Red Sox 1979

I first started watching baseball on TV in the summer of 1979 on Cape Cod, so naturally the Red Sox were the team I saw most of. That was a tough year for the Sox, the year when they were still hungover from the '78 crash. A barrage of injuries didn't help either, but this was still the great late 70's lineup with Evans, Lynn, Rice, Yaz, Burleson, and Fisk and so it was an interesting summer. As so often in Sox history the pitching was mediocre. Eck was still at his early peak as a starter, but nobody else in the rotation was even comparable and the bullpen was unstable. The Sox paraded a bunch of kids to the mound. Chuck Rainey had a decent rookie season and John Tudor was eventually destined for some glory, but fortune did not smile on Allen Ripley, Jim Wright, Win Remmerswaal, or Joel Finch. Joel, drafted out of South Bend, Indiana, had some credentials in the minors. He was good in '78 at Pawtucket (11-8, 3.18 ERA) and excellent in 16 AAA starts in '79 (9-1, 2.63). In both Pawsox seasons he allowed fewer than a hit an inning. As is often the case, though, Joel tended to struggle with his control and that was his undoing at the major league level. He went 0-3, 4.87 for the Red Sox in '79, allowing more than a hit an inning and posting a dead even k/w. Joel was 23 but looked younger somehow, almost like one of the pitchers I'd seen in high school. I knew he was trying hard and I hated to see him get roughed up. (I felt the same about Ripley too.) Joel kept trying for two more years in the minors before he quit. Here is an action shot of him from the second edition of the 1979 Red Sox yearbook. The image is baseline optimized; I can resample it some other way or provide larger versions if needed. This version is about the same size as the image which appears on the printed page in the yearbook.
Attached Images
Terry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:16 AM   #32432
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Jim Rowe Mets (4)

Kevin Brown, Kevin Tapani, Stan Jefferson, Scott Holman, Neil Allen
Attached Images
Old 05-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #32433
dennis_keith
Minors (Triple A)

Frank Tanana

any Frank Tanana Mets & Yanks photos?
dennis_keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #32434
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Frank Tanana Mets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis_keith View Post
any Frank Tanana Mets & Yanks photos?
Among the Rowes, no. The best Tananas I have are the attached. The first is, I believe, an Uncle Maxie eBay offering from more than 5 years ago. The other is from Mainline Autographs.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-25-2018, 01:20 AM   #32435
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Jim Rowe Mets (5)

Mackey Sasser, Ronn Reynolds, Tim Leary, Terry Bross, Phil Lombardi
Attached Images
Old 05-25-2018, 10:00 PM   #32436
Terry D
Major Leagues

Great Mets shots, FJ. Do you have dates on any of them?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:23 PM   #32437
DeweyintheHall
All Star Reserve

Pete Varney 1976

Anything out there of Mr. Varney sporting the new pajama unis before his trade to Atlanta?
DeweyintheHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:54 PM   #32438
Terry D
Major Leagues

Junior Noboa Angels 1988

Junior Noboa was a typical hustling middle infielder of the 1980s. He was OK with the glove, not especially great in any other department but an acceptable utility type. He spent four years with the Indians during the Dark Age of Corrales, moved on to the Expos, and was also a member of the somewhat infamous 1992 Mets squad. He spent the '88 season with the Angels, but he didn't make a major league card set that year and until now I don't think any images of him with the Halos have surfaced. I found him, though, via newspapers.com. Here he is in a May 1988 game, with Mike Greenwell sliding while Junior covers second and waits for the throw.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-27-2018, 11:19 AM   #32439
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Jim Rowe Mets (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
Great Mets shots, FJ. Do you have dates on any of them?
No dates were provided with the photos and I'm not usually one who gives a crap about that. They're obviously 80s and cover the tenures of George Bamberger, Frank Howard, and Davey Johnson.

Tom Gorman, Doug Simons, Ed Lynch, Greg Harris, Carlos Diaz
Attached Images
Old 05-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #32440
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Jim Rowe Mets (7)

Tom O'Malley, Randy Niemann, Doug Sisk, Blaine Beatty, Garry Templeton
Attached Images