Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-07-2003, 11:01 AM   #81
lschaef
Minors (Triple A)

Oh ok...I see what you mean now.

I've heard the term. "He was running on contact" Usually I've seen that used with a runner on third, less then two outs with the infield playing in. The hope is to counter-act the infield playing in.
lschaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:32 PM   #82
eddiemunster
Bat Boy

With the understanding that this is not the "official" wishlist thread (clicking the link on page 1 gives me an "Internal Server Error") here are a couple of additions that would be of great help to me:

1. The ability to auto-generate one lineup or depth chart at a time, as opposed to all at once.

2. More detail at the "Transactions" page. It would be helpful to see at bats, OPS, innings pitched, and WHIP to determine promotions/demotions/drops.

3. From the minor league lineup or pitching staff page, having the ability promote/demote/release a player would be nice without having to go back and forth from the transactions page.

4. One step further would be the ability to promote/demote/release a player from the roster page or even at the individual player's page.

5. At the transactions page, time could be saved when a new season begins if statistics from the previous season could be viewed to determine p/d/r (similar to option on the roster page.)

6. During free agent signings, some of the players I have made an offer to will invariably receive a better offer from another team. If I could then right-click on that player directly to increase my offer, that would save time over having to search through the entire list of free agents all over again.

7. When signing free agents or trading players, I would like the option of assigning these players to a specific roster at the time of signing/trading instead of combing through the rosters and moving players around afterwards.

8. Would it be possible to include all players by position in the depth chart when auto-generating? I have a backup shortstop who is made to be the DH when I auto-gen, but as a result, he does not show up in the shortstop depth slot.

9. Would it be possible to allow the user to set a default for position players and pitchers that, when clicking on a player's name, will send you directly to their career stats page?

10. Would it be possible to add to the roster page, an option that will display a composite career stats page for all players?

11. I would like to see a team page similar to www.baseball-reference.com where the complete history is listed, including W-L records by year, along with team leaders by season. Clicking on a given year would take you into a more comprehensive page for that season, including individual statistics. Clicking on a player would then take you to his personal page. I think some of this is done in the league almanac, but the format seems like it could be streamlined more.

Please know that if none of these modifications were ever made, this would still be the most in-depth, statistical simulation for a career ever made (my 9th grade English teacher would shoot me if she saw what I just typed.)

Thanks to all who put their blood, sweat and tears into making this game what it is.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #83
GForce22
Banned

PLEASE make it possible to select the levels of minor leagues. If you're doing a local, independent type league, you don't have full minor leagues. Make it more customizable for the type of league you run.

GH
GForce22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:37 PM   #84
CDL Commish
Minors (Double A)

I would love to see this...When you manually set up your lineup, have the players entered at each position automatically be plugged into the depth chart. That way you don't have to switch back and forth between the screens. The players you have starting at each position will automatically be there. All you have to do then is choose your subs.
CDL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 03:39 PM   #85
theREDdoor28
Minors (Triple A)

I searched for this, but it didn't bring up anything, so I'll ask here.

How about 3 way trades (and even 4 way and so on)?

I was hoping this would be a no doubter, but I didn't see it - so PLEASE, this would be a great option.

Disrepute - DVD Collection - eBay - GWB2004
</CENTER>
theREDdoor28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 12:16 AM   #86
McGee 51
Minors (Rookie Ball)

One thing that has always bothered me is that I'm interupted by emails that I don't want to see. Specifically the one that says you won on a promotion day, I'm glad it happened but I don't want to stop simming to hear about it. So I guess what I'm saying is I'd like a few more options for when to interupt simming.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:20 PM   #87
Thanos
Minors (Single A)

Did I mention partial service time yet?
Old 08-14-2003, 04:01 AM   #88
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

MY Wish List (w/PICS!!)

Check it out...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...threadid=42194
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 12:54 PM   #89
ccain76
Bat Boy

Maybe someone already mentioned this. I'd like a rating on how a catcher calls pitches during a game.
ccain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:38 AM   #90
vtbub
Minors (Double A)

Dunno if this has been posted, but the ability to sign possible free agents to extensions in the off-season at least in online leagues.

I was the proud owner of Alex Rodriguez until he decided at close to age 34 that he wanted a 3 million dollar raise for four years. Not wanting to committ 75 million over four years, I decided to move him and quickly before he injured himself, acquiring solid prospects. This caused some serious weeping and wailing that I seemed to take such a lop-sided offer.

Truth be told, knowing going into a season that he was going to be picky, he's hitting .280 half way thru May, I'm sure that a better process for his relocation could have been had instead of trying to do it between sims and taking a risk that he could get hurt.
vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 11:18 AM   #91
Total Nirvana
All Star Reserve

I am not sure if this has already been said or not, but whenever I play out my games, I notice a lot of 3 Ball, 2 Strike counts in at-bats. Whenever that happends, I can expect about 3 or 4 foul balls as well.

In link to this, I would like to see some kind of a rating or something that calculates the patience of a hitter. IMO, I'm not sure if the walks rating on a hitter does the job.

Your Off-Topic Nightmare.

Free Agent OT Player - Plays 1B/3B/OF, hits for power on all fields, great fielder, can hit .330 a season!
Total Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:38 PM   #92
Panda
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally posted by McGee 51
One thing that has always bothered me is that I'm interupted by emails that I don't want to see. Specifically the one that says you won on a promotion day, I'm glad it happened but I don't want to stop simming to hear about it. So I guess what I'm saying is I'd like a few more options for when to interupt simming.
You can already make it to where nothing interupts your SIM. Its under SIM Options I believe.

Edit: Nevermind, I see what you're trying to say.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 01:58 PM   #93
Eric
All Star Starter

not sure if has been mentioned yet but how about an option to have mascot racing during the 7th inning stretch? and have separate standings on how the mascots do and eventually have a mascot finals during the world series.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:01 PM   #94
Lucas718
Major Leagues

I think it would be nice if we could use different stadium pics for day & night games instead of using the same pic for every one of your team's home games.
Lucas718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 01:18 PM   #95
rogmax11
All Star Starter

Eric, go to your room! You may not use the car this weekend, and you are grounded for a week, young man! I do not expect to hear such silliness come from your mouth again. For shame!

rogmax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #96
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric
not sure if has been mentioned yet but how about an option to have mascot racing during the 7th inning stretch? and have separate standings on how the mascots do and eventually have a mascot finals during the world series.

lol
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #97
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric

lol
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 06:30 PM   #98
Jared
Minors (Single A)

I'd like to see more awards...such as a Relief Award (since I've never seen a closer win the Cy Young in OOTP) and the Silver Slugger Award for the best player at each position in each league. I like the idea of a player entering the hall of fame with a specific team, and I like even more the idea of a team hall of fame that I can set the bar for (for example 300 HR hit with my team, not just 300 total).

Also, when I start a new league, I have 35 year olds setting rookie records because it's the first year of the league. This may not be a problem for some people, but if you look at the salary report they all have years of major league experience, even though the league just started. Two ways to fix this, my preference would be to only allow people the game calculates as having 0 prior years of experience to set the rookie records, or alternatively, those with blue stars (indicating prospect status).

I'd also like a way to see player's career numbers by month or home/road splits and all those nice little things in the Situational section without looking through all the Almanacs and adding it up.

AI issue: I've noticed that a few weeks into the season, there's quite a few middle relievers with 5 or 6 ERA ratings on the free agent wire, who I can sign to 1 year contracts typically around $450,000, and then trade to other teams for top rated prospects. Other teams need to check the free agent list regularly; if they wanted the reliever enough to trade a 4.5 star prospect they would sign him the second he was released.

I'd also like to see a waiver option for after the trade deadline passes, and the ability to change the postseason roster between each series. Sorry for the rambling post, and thanks to Markus and the rest of the OOTP team for a fabulous game.
Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #99
Big Train
Major Leagues

My Wish list:

1. Have the frequency of talent fluctuations as a tweakable setting (Since some people like most players to keep the talent ratings they start with while others like wide fluctuations).

2. An "autopilot mode" which would be the same as computer control of a team except that the computer wouldn't change the strategy settings and would have to ask for permision before making lineup or rotation changes.

3. The ability to have multiple spot starters (kind of like the depth chart has multiple positions for utility players). Would allow to better replicate the much higher use of spot starters in historic leagues.

4. Quite a few players decline more gradually rather than going from "great to crap" in one year. Also some players (like Barry Bonds or Nolan Ryan in RL) should keep their high ratings into their 40s. I know some variation allready exists in OOTP5 but it could be increased.

5.Rainouts (rather than just rain delays) and double header support.

6. A safety squeeze and/or contact play option (runner only tries to score if contact is made)

7. The ability to have more than 10 teams in a league (so you could have two leagues with a with a wild card instead of geographical divisions if you wanted)

8. The ability to steal home, this would have a low chance of success and the runner's stealing ability would be more important than speed. Increase the chance of success a bit if it's part of a double steal.

9. Player's loyalty increases if he's been with the same club for a long time (especially if they've been successful). Maybe a loyal player could also ask for a no-trade clause in his contract.

10. the ability to import ballparks from other leagues (without having to opy the whole park.dat file) also if possible import parks from a historical database.

11. No arguing with umpires about balls and strikes, a manager would automatically get tossed for arguing balls and strikes in real life and it would speed up the game if it didn't ask you if you want to argue with the umpire so much.

12. The ability with one click to see things like all injured players in the league,all tired players in the league, all talent changes that year etc.

[First two are the big ones I'd love to see, the other stuff is pretty minor)

Last edited by Big Train; 10-01-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Big Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 01:00 AM   #100
Thanos
Minors (Single A)

I don't know if this has been covered or not because I haven't checked in a while, but how about some control over the arbitration process? Make the servive time selectable (1-5 years), and give some control over how the AI figures a salary, similar to the trade settings (favor ability, heavily favor stats, etc.).