Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #41
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Correct, there is no parks.dat file. Thes are just the images.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #42
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

This is hardcore. Great work can't believe you have the time and patience to capture all these.
chezboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #43
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezboots View Post
This is hardcore. Great work can't believe you have the time and patience to capture all these.
Thanks! I'm good for about one of these monster efforts each release. That's it for this year...
Old 04-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #44
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Those look great, how do the ball flights look?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #45
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Those look great, how do the ball flights look?
Thanks. Folks will need to configure the ball flight locations on their own. There is no parks.dat file included. It was enough work just capturing the images.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #46
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Oh man, these are awesome, PadsFan!

You've got no idea how long I had been trying to get uniformed images of every single MLB park (and I know I'm far from being the only one) but with this set, there's no need to keep on searching.

And don't worry about locations; After all you've done, I think the least we all can do is set them manually ourselves.

Thanx so much, dude
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #47
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marberi View Post
And don't worry about locations; After all you've done, I think the least we all can do is set them manually ourselves.

Thanx so much, dude
Thanks!! I was actually thinking of downloading the current MLB All-In-1 and putting in these images and tweaking the locations as necessary, then making it available as an "alternate" MLB All-In-1. Guess I'm getting my second wind...
Old 04-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #48
Mel Ott
Minors (Double A)

Hey PF:

I tried to dl this, which looks awesome, but I get an error message saying the zip file is invalid or corrupted.
Mel Ott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #49
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Ott View Post
Hey PF:

I tried to dl this, which looks awesome, but I get an error message saying the zip file is invalid or corrupted.
Hmm.. Just tried from my PC at work and it downloaded and extracted fine. Make sure the file you downloaded is 72.1 MB. Maybe just try again?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #50
Mel Ott
Minors (Double A)

It wouldn't go from my desktop, but it worked on the laptop. I'm not exactly pleased about what that probably means about my desktop, but the problem is clearly on my end, and I was able to work around it. Thanks for checking!
Mel Ott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #51
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Allright, I've started working on a custom parks.dat file for the 2010 MLB stadiums included in this set.

Should be available in a day or two.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #52
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Allright, I've started working on a custom parks.dat file for the 2010 MLB stadiums included in this set.

Awesome!

If I have the old ones from the all in one.. once I install these, do I have to go and add them one by one from within the game?
Old 04-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #53
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Quote:

hehehe...looks like you did get your second wind, PF

Can't wait for the .dat file. Again, thanks!
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #54
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Awesome!

If I have the old ones from the all in one.. once I install these, do I have to go and add them one by one from within the game?
No, if you wait for the parks.dat file from me, then you just drop the images into your ballparks folder, and replace your current parks.dat file with the new one in your saved game folder, the game will do the rest.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #55
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marberi View Post
hehehe...looks like you did get your second wind, PF

Can't wait for the .dat file. Again, thanks!
Yep!

So here's the latest. I am basically done doing the following for the 30 current MLB ballparks:

- Ballpark dimensions and Fence Heights
- Weather
- Ball-Flight positions
- Player positions

I am not changing the park factors that were included in the original All-In-1 set as they look good enough to me. I am also not going to attempt to configure the spring training, minor league and classic parks. Folks can take care of that on their own.

What's left is some final play-testing and tweaking of the player positions, as I like to play with photos "off" sometimes and like for them to be as centered as possible with respect to the mound, bases, etc. Might have it ready tonight... We'll see...
Old 04-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #56
mars001
All Star Reserve

I would love it if you had it done tonight (I'd take a pre-release if you were willing...) I have a long flight tomorrow.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #57
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep!

So here's the latest. I am basically done doing the following for the 30 current MLB ballparks:

- Ballpark dimensions and Fence Heights
- Weather
- Ball-Flight positions
- Player positions

I am not changing the park factors that were included in the original All-In-1 set as they look good enough to me. I am also not going to attempt to configure the spring training, minor league and classic parks. Folks can take care of that on their own.

What's left is some final play-testing and tweaking of the player positions, as I like to play with photos "off" sometimes and like for them to be as centered as possible with respect to the mound, bases, etc. Might have it ready tonight... We'll see...
Thanks, looking forward to this!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:05 AM   #58
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars001 View Post
I would love it if you had it done tonight (I'd take a pre-release if you were willing...) I have a long flight tomorrow.
Hang in there! Should have it ready by 11pm PDT....
Old 04-23-2010, 03:21 AM   #59
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Allright guys, it's ready!! Thanks for your patience. I've given the installation instructions and procedure VERY little testing so I could get this out tonight, so please point out any problems. I'll copy the README file here to get you started. You can find the file at the top of the OOTP Ballparks page of my Mod Website (link in sig). It's the same name as the original mod, but with the date of 04.22.10. Enjoy!

PadresFan's MLB 10: The Show Ballparks for OOTP
Release 1 - 04/22/10

This zip archive contains:

- README file
- parks.dat file
- Classics Folder (Recent and non-so-recent classic ballparks)
- MiLB Folder (Fictional Minor League ballparks)
- MLB Folder (The 30 ballparks in use in 2010)
- Spring Training Folder (Fictional Spring Training ballparks)

Note that all ballparks have day and night images!! (Well, except for the domes of course!)

The original intent of this mod was to provide OOTP players with ballpark images taken from MLB 10: The Show for the PS3. This alone was about 20 hours of work. I decided to take it just a little further and also provide a parks.dat file customized for the MLB ballparks. This means that the following attributes have been preconfigured for these 30 ballparks:

- Player Locations
- Ball-Flight Locations
- Ballpark Dimensions and Wall Heights
- Weather
- Park Factors

I modified the player locations and ball-flight locations myself, double checked and modified the weather and park dimensions from the original "2010 H.F.P MLB All-In-One Mod", and used the existing park factors from the All-In-1 Mod (since they passed my "good enough" test).

Of course you can use the other ballpark images with OOTP, but you will need to customize their attributes yourself.

Instructions for existing Saved Games
1) Quit OOTP 11 if it is running

2) Copy the individual .jpg image files from the MLB Folder into your Documents/Out Of The Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 11/ballparks folder.

3) Copy the parks.dat file into your Documents/Out Of The Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 11/saved_games/<game_name>/ folder. You may want to backup your existing parks.dat file just in case I screwed something up in the file or in these instructions!!

4) Launch your saved game and enjoy the new ballparks for the MLB teams.

Instructions for creating New Games
This option ensures that when you start a "New 2010 Major League Game" from the main screen, these images and parks.dat file will be used.

1) Quit OOTP 11 if it is running

2) Copy the individual .jpg image files from the MLB Folder into your Documents/Out Of The Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 11/ballparks folder.

3) Copy the parks.dat file into your Documents/Out Of The Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 11/quickstart_games/Majors.quick/ folder. You may want to backup the existing parks.dat file just in case I screwed something up in the file or in these instructions!!

4) Launch OOTP, create a "New 2010 Major League Game" from the main screen, and you should be good to go!!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:42 AM   #60
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

Awesome work! One less thing to have to setup for myself.

ALSO
Captain Walrus's All-Timers League Quick-Start: HERE
A 48-team league featuring the all-time greatest players in the Majors. Players' ratings are based on their 6 best major league seasons, neutralized.
Captain Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote