Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #61
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Neags is great. Now that he's got his teeth into it, he won't give up until the world, including all Vista users, are using the program! I just see at as one step closer to the TeamRater, so I'm hoping you both stay with it until it's been conquered. I'm sure you will.
Thanks EG! Yeah, at this point it's not even so much getting it to work for one person, it's just solving a problem. When something doesn't work right for me, whether it's code or the pool in my backyard or an appliance or whatever... I am just compelled to go until the stupid thing works. If it benefits someone else in the process, all the better.

In this case, I think we're really close. I hope.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #62
Afino
Hall Of Famer

SUCCESS!!!!!!

I now have DevTracker up and running for my own league!! I just had to delete the devtracker_baselines folder - didn't even need the new build.

Of course, it only has that first baseline to compare against (which it has successfully create), so it can't do anything for the moment. So when I finish my current game, I will export fresh csv's and see where that takes me!

Thank you, Neags. You're truly the greatest.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #63
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
SUCCESS!!!!!!

I now have DevTracker up and running for my own league!! I just had to delete the devtracker_baselines folder - didn't even need the new build.

Of course, it only has that first baseline to compare against (which it has successfully create), so it can't do anything for the moment. So when I finish my current game, I will export fresh csv's and see where that takes me!

Thank you, Neags. You're truly the greatest.
Yeah, it occurred to me when you said it found a baseline that the baseline from before must have been corrupted or something. It was really just a Jet issue, and as soon as we figured that out, had we deleted that folder, it would've been good. So, about an hour wasted because that didn't occur to me until later, but we got it working!

And really, this was good for me to go through, anyway, because I'll have my 64-bit machine up and running at some point, and would've run into the same issue as you. So now I know how to fix it.

Enjoy the program, and feel free to report any bugs, problems, comments, feature requests, whatever!
Old 07-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #64
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Successfully imported new csv's and everything is working correctly!

Old 07-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #65
Rastafreaky
Minors (Double A)

This is a great app. Thanks for your work, Neags.
Rastafreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #66
brewdog
Minors (Triple A)

I have a quick question, What screen resolution did you design this for? I normally run 1024*768 and I was getting frustrated (Couldn't see the 'go' button) however at 1280*1024 I found the button on the right but its hard on my eyes at that resolution. So if its not a major inconvenience could you possibly move the go button somewhere to the left side of the application?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #67
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewdog View Post
I have a quick question, What screen resolution did you design this for? I normally run 1024*768 and I was getting frustrated (Couldn't see the 'go' button) however at 1280*1024 I found the button on the right but its hard on my eyes at that resolution. So if its not a major inconvenience could you possibly move the go button somewhere to the left side of the application?
Ouch, 1024x768 is tough to work with. I figured only a very, very small percentage of people used a resolution that low. There's just so little screen real estate. I think the graphs might not work for you on that low of a screen resolution, too.

Moving the button would be really easy, but I don't think that's going to be your only problem. I'll post a link later today to the program with the button moved as a temporary solution. Later, I'll see if it'd be possible to squeeze everything into 1024x768 version. But that'll have to be after TeamRater is finished (which at this point would be miserable to use on a 1024x768 resolution, but we'll see).
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #68
brewdog
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks, and if its a major inconvenience just don't worry about it, I can change resolution when needed. Darn in the past year or so my eyes have really been getting bad and I'm in my low 30's cant imagine what a few more years will do
Old 07-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #69
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Ouch, 1024x768 is tough to work with. I figured only a very, very small percentage of people used a resolution that low. There's just so little screen real estate. I think the graphs might not work for you on that low of a screen resolution, too.

Moving the button would be really easy, but I don't think that's going to be your only problem. I'll post a link later today to the program with the button moved as a temporary solution. Later, I'll see if it'd be possible to squeeze everything into 1024x768 version. But that'll have to be after TeamRater is finished (which at this point would be miserable to use on a 1024x768 resolution, but we'll see).
Neags, how do you do your development? If you use WPF you design the screens in a 'scale-less' environment if you want and then everything that you want rescales as the screen size changes. In my playoff editor, there are sections that are fixed width and then the rest auto-scale around them.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #70
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
Neags, how do you do your development? If you use WPF you design the screens in a 'scale-less' environment if you want and then everything that you want rescales as the screen size changes. In my playoff editor, there are sections that are fixed width and then the rest auto-scale around them.
I just use Visual Studio's design editor. I haven't gotten into WPF, yet. I was interested in learning it for a while, but I'm terrible with UI's, and write web applications for work (where I'm also terrible with UI's), so right now I don't have much incentive to learn it. I don't really do enough Windows programming to put much effort in it at the moment.

That is pretty cool that it scales to resolution, and it might be decent resume padding to learn that. So maybe one day.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #71
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Neags, what's the League Average checkbox actually measure? It's not a comparison to any individual tick - although that'd be a nice feature down the road, click power, then click league average, and compare the graph - so, what category is it portraying?
Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #72
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Neags, what's the League Average checkbox actually measure? It's not a comparison to any individual tick - although that'd be a nice feature down the road, click power, then click league average, and compare the graph - so, what category is it portraying?
It's actually quite a useless feature that I keep meaning to remove.

I was trying to come up with a quick test to measure the affects of coaches, but didn't feel like measuring each individual rating. So I came up with a league average rating. Which, like I said, is completely useless, because it's a league wide average of every rating for every player in the universe.

It was a poorly thought out and half-finished idea.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #73
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewdog View Post
Thanks, and if its a major inconvenience just don't worry about it, I can change resolution when needed. Darn in the past year or so my eyes have really been getting bad and I'm in my low 30's cant imagine what a few more years will do
I haven't forgotten about you, brewdog. I broke something in the code (unrelated to this) unknowingly, and haven't been able to get a clean compile in the 2ish hours I've had to work on this since yesterday morning.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:47 AM   #74
brewdog
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks, I'm working on getting used to it (resolution) I'm adjusting well.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #75
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

I tried out some csv dumps last night and everything seemed to be working OK.

I do have one question though. Is there a way to add more baselines with the program open? For instance, I simmed ahead like 20 years in a test league with yearly dumps. Is there a way I can capture all that data without opening and closing the program everytime? It looks like there is a Create Baseline function that might do this, but I couldn't get it to do anything.

Thanks again for the work. I never used this before, but I'm excited to track the solo league I am setting up. I'm especially interested to see how the pitch ratings change.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #76
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
I tried out some csv dumps last night and everything seemed to be working OK.

I do have one question though. Is there a way to add more baselines with the program open? For instance, I simmed ahead like 20 years in a test league with yearly dumps. Is there a way I can capture all that data without opening and closing the program everytime? It looks like there is a Create Baseline function that might do this, but I couldn't get it to do anything.

Thanks again for the work. I never used this before, but I'm excited to track the solo league I am setting up. I'm especially interested to see how the pitch ratings change.
There is an option to minimize and wait for new dumps. I think it's under Options. If you set your game to do automatically yearly dumps, for example, the program will ask you after that dump if you want it to write a new baseline. My experience has been, however, that while it may be designed to do this automatically, it did not do that for me. When I ran monthly comparisons, I let it minimize and wait per plan, but then right after the dump I stopped (not exited) the game, clicked on the tray icon at which point it said "Write New Baseline?" and I did, selected minimize and wait again, continued to run the game, lather, rinse, repeat.

Neags'll chime in and set the record straight on how it's supposed to work, but that's the way I did it without ever closing either the game or DT.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #77
timlowery
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
I've got nothing, dude

It must be some type of setting on my machine, or I'm just completely doing it wrong.

This is a brand new OOTPX league, not converted from OOTP9.
I've made sure I'm running NET 3.5, I even have SP1 on it. I've thought about uninstalling THAT too, but I don't think it's the problem, so I haven't bothered, not to mention I'm afraid to screw something like that up.
I've exported ALL csv's to the import_export folder just for completeness.
I've even tried manually directing it to the league folder (even though it shows up in the "select league from your OOTP10 directory")

It always says it can't find the csv's to make the baseline.

So I guess I'm just SOL for some bad luck, bad karma, or something's screwed up within my own system for DevTracker to just not work for me.

I appreciate you trying to work with me through this, but looks like it's just not meant to be for me
I'm seeing the same thing happen. It runs, but it says that it failed to write new baseline, most likely cause is that your .csv files can't be found.

I've exported, made sure I'm running DevTracker2 as an Administrator(Running Vista Home Ultimate--64 bit), and I'm running the correct .NET level. I'm also running on the default folders...

Any Ideas?

Proud Detroit Tigers fan since 1979!!!

It's not one thing after another, it's the same thing all the time....

Last edited by timlowery; 07-16-2009 at 09:58 AM.
timlowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #78
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino
I now have DevTracker up and running for my own league!! I just had to delete the devtracker_baselines folder - didn't even need the new build
This was Afino's last comment that put him over the top. You might try this. Are you also running 64bit Vista? Also, after the 'failed to write' message you're receiving now, does the program abruptly end, offer you the interruption screen, or simply wait?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #79
Neags23
All Star Starter

Regarding the minimize and watch for dumps feature, I haven't used it in a while so I may have broken it unknowingly. If it asks if it's okay to write a baseline with each dump, it isn't working correctly. I'll take a look at that code tomorrow, as I'm currently driving thru southern Illinois en route to Louisiana and it's even more dangerous to open a laptop to read code while driving than it is to post on the boards via my iPhone.

Oh and I might have to hire EG as my tech support guy. :P
Old 07-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #80
Afino
Hall Of Famer

By the way, Neags, this was well worth the hassle and wait.

Thanks for writing a solid program!