Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 08-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Gauging interest - complete fictional universe setup

Salutations!

I'm trying to determine if there's any interest in a side-project I'm working on. Think of it as a fictional universe in a box (or, well, .zip).

Basically, I've a 24 team fictional league with all minor levels and three international leagues set up, all with team colors, logos, and stadiums assigned. I've created it as a universe template and then copied the park.dat and teams.dat files so that once it's created, those can be copied in as well as logos and player photos so everything down to team colors is intact.

Barring author permissions and some work to do, I'm wondering if anyone's interested in a giant .zip file containing the universe template, logos, stadiums, .dat files, and player photo templates for use with Layton's FaceTool.

Edit: Here's a shot of what it's looking like thus far.
Attached Images
MidKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

I think it would be a perfect proof of concept for the power of Facetool.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:43 AM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I'm very much interested. Thanks for doing this!

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
Greg Layton
Major Leagues

I would jump all over it. Yes, please release it!
Greg Layton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #5
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

Hell yes!
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:01 PM   #6
Greg Layton
Major Leagues

Old 08-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #7
jtb
All Star Reserve

Very Interested!
Would this be a Template?
jtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Glad to see people are interested.

Yes, it would be a template along with folders full of logos, .dat files, and stadiums ready to paste into the league folder to get everything immediately set up. This is barring permissions; I need to ask around to make sure I can redistribute such things first.

I'm also working on uniform templates for Layton's FaceTool. I'm a little anal in regards to this, so I'm working on custom uni's for every team (all...180 or so) instead of relying on the generic ones. Since this is going to take a while (see: couple weeks), I'll just release this all with templates for the ML and AAA teams initially and upload the others as I progress.

Here's a shot of what they're looking like so far:

In any case, I actually have most of this work done - - I've been working on it since 1.02 came out. Hopefully I'll be able to have it out by the end of the week. I also need to find a way to host a file this big (I think around 100mb).
Old 08-28-2006, 10:09 PM   #9
Greg Layton
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidKnight
Glad to see people are interested.

Yes, it would be a template along with folders full of logos, .dat files, and stadiums ready to paste into the league folder to get everything immediately set up. This is barring permissions; I need to ask around to make sure I can redistribute such things first.

I'm also working on uniform templates for Layton's FaceTool. I'm a little anal in regards to this, so I'm working on custom uni's for every team (all...180 or so) instead of relying on the generic ones. Since this is going to take a while (see: couple weeks), I'll just release this all with templates for the ML and AAA teams initially and upload the others as I progress.

Here's a shot of what they're looking like so far:

In any case, I actually have most of this work done - - I've been working on it since 1.02 came out. Hopefully I'll be able to have it out by the end of the week. I also need to find a way to host a file this big (I think around 100mb).
That is freaking amazing. I can't wait.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #10
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Progress thus far:

I have about 40 uniforms finished. I'm almost done with all of the AAA team, and all except one ML team is finished. The major league teams (American Baseball League) themselves are as follows:

National League West: Seattle Panthers, San Francisco Admirals, San Diego Atlantics, Fremont Centurions

National League Central: Denver Phantoms, El Paso Grizzlies, San Jose Gladiators, Kansas City Cougars

National League East: Washington Wildcats, Charlotte Stars, Columbus Wizards, Nashville Patriots

American League West: Milwaukee Skyhawks, Chicago Glaciers, New York Dragons, Portland Defenders

American League Central: Philadelphia Titans, Detroit Bombers, Cleveland Firebirds, Boston Knights

American League East: Atlanta Thunder, Miami Rapids, Baltimore Twisters, Greensboro Blue Sox

Yes, I'm aware they don't match up to east, central, west, but this kind of evolved slowly from a small league.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #11
Chairman Mauer
Bat Boy

Are fictional stadiums included, and if so, where are they from?
Chairman Mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #12
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

You have to love a sim with Charlie Sheen in it.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #13
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mauer
Are fictional stadiums included, and if so, where are they from?
I'm using a variety of stadiums that I grabbed from...somewhere? Most of the ML ones are from Teflon's amazing sets, but I use others as well. Before I release, I need to search around and see if I can find where it was I downloaded them from and seek permission. Worse comes to worse, I'll track down as many authors as I can and credit them, removing them from inclusion if any author so wishes. Not sure how that sort of thing is received in this community, though. Thoughts?
Old 09-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #14
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Progress Report

Okay, so I just finished the uniforms...all of them. I manually created about 188 uniforms using Deft's templates. My hands hurt, but they look cool!

In any case, this is what I will hopefully be able to include when I get everything ready to go:

Universe template
Logos
Stadiums
.dat files (to ensure you dont have to manually assign stadiums/team colors)
FaceGen uniform templates (for all 188 teams)
FaceGen database file (so you won't have to manually assign all the uniforms)
FaceGen backgrounds (I replaced a bunch of backgrounds, to overall make them darker so that jagged edges aren't as visible)
Step-by-Step Readme

Since I'm no longer packaging several thousand photos, with everything RAR'd it comes to about 38MB. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it out within a couple of days.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:38 PM   #15
CHCfan
All Star Starter

Truly awesome work you've already done. It looks like this will be my next long-term dynasty.
CHCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:22 AM   #16
Greg Layton
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidKnight
Progress Report

Okay, so I just finished the uniforms...all of them. I manually created about 188 uniforms using Deft's templates. My hands hurt, but they look cool!

In any case, this is what I will hopefully be able to include when I get everything ready to go:

Universe template
Logos
Stadiums
.dat files (to ensure you dont have to manually assign stadiums/team colors)
FaceGen uniform templates (for all 188 teams)
FaceGen database file (so you won't have to manually assign all the uniforms)
FaceGen backgrounds (I replaced a bunch of backgrounds, to overall make them darker so that jagged edges aren't as visible)
Step-by-Step Readme

Since I'm no longer packaging several thousand photos, with everything RAR'd it comes to about 38MB. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it out within a couple of days.
I've stopped playing my current league so that I won't get attached to it. I can't wait to start playing yours!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #17
MidKnight
Major Leagues

It's done! I started a new thread here, since i'm not longer "gauging interest".