Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-16-2019, 04:57 AM   #1
RoteLaterne
Major Leagues

MLB Setup, 76 Games

Would like to have a schedule as following

15 teams other league x2 (=30)
10 teams same league, other division x3 (=30)
4 teams same league, same division x4 (=16)

Total 76 games

+ All Star Game

Occasional off-days like real world set-up
RoteLaterne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

All interleague series being 2 games makes this a structural nightmare.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:22 PM   #3
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

This is a weird one but I've got a scheme for how to do it & I'm about to give it a go. The issue I'm seeing, though, is that there's no way to have 15 two-game interleague series split evenly between home and away unless one of them becomes a single game in each stadium.

Instead, I think H/A will have to be split like this:
4 division opponents can be allocated as normal (8H/8A)
10 league opponents should instead be split 6/4 home and away (either 18H/12A or 12H/18A)
15 interleague opponents to be split 9/6 home and away (either 18H/12A or 12H/18A, to counterbalance the other games)

There is a downside to this: different teams will play differing numbers of games with/without the DH if you have a normal MLB setup. I'm gonna go ahead with this setup but post in here if you'd rather just split one interleague series in half.

EDIT: This plan won't actually work - the 6/4 splitting of league opponents won't work since there's an odd number of teams per subleague. I'm gonna sneak in one two-game home-and-home series per team - it's weird but it makes the schedule work.

Last edited by Ruwisc; 08-21-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #4
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

This is definitely the hardest time I've ever had creating a schedule, but here we go. I think I scrapped everything and started all over again... three different times? Eventually found a format where I could squeeze everything in and not have to worry about it.

--------
30 teams, 76 games
2 subleagues, each with 3 divisions of 5 teams (modern MLB)
--------
4 games against 4 division opponents (4H or 4A - 8H/8A in total)
3 games against 10 subleague opponents (3H or 3A - 15H/15A in total)
2 games against 15 interleague opponents (2H x7, 2A x7, 1H/1A x1 - 15H/15A in total)
--------
Season is intended to start on the first Thursday of April and will finish on a Sunday in late June or early July (Jun27-Jul03). In 2019, the season runs from April 4 to June 30, 88 days in total
There's a spot for the All-Star Game on a Thursday in late May (in 2019, this is May 23).
--------
Weekday games begin at 7:10 local time, and all weekend games begin at 1:10 local time
Not much attention was paid to homestands or road trips, but they should be reasonable - the longest ones should be in the area of 9-10 games, but there is a team that starts with a 12-game road trip (if you apply this to a standard MLB game, it'll be the Tigers the first season). My bad, I didn't notice that originally.
--------
This schedule has a few quirks that are worth mentioning:

Because of each team having an odd number of interleague opponents, one series per team has been split in two, with each team hosting one game. For a little flavor, this series bookends the All-Star Break, with the first game on Monday and the second on the following Sunday. That's why the ASG is set for a Thursday instead of the normal Tuesday
In addition, the high number of two-game series and the need to play some of them in weekends means that a few teams have Sunday off days early in the season. There are only a few teams who do but it might feel weird if it's your team - it's done because that interleague series needs to be played Friday-Saturday to avoid giving one team two consecutive days off
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G76_SL1_D3_T5_T5_T5_SL2_D3_T5_T5_T5.lsdl (57.4 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Ruwisc; 08-27-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:22 AM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I am glad someone else took a dedicated try at this. I took the cheesy approach of all 1-game "series", though they are at least somewhat clustered, like when playing interdivision a team probably plays the 5 teams in that other division in 5 consecutive games.

Code:
#
# 30 team schedule, 76 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 3 divisions, each with 5 teams
#
#
# 4 games against 4 other teams in division (2H/2A)
# 3 games against 10 other teams in league (1-2H/1-2A)
# 2 games against 15 teams in other league (1H/1A)
#
#
# All games are 1-game series
#
# Games tend to cluster by type
# E.g., may play 5 games in a row against one interleague division
#
# Because of odd number of teams per subleague,
# there is at least one interleague matchup at all times
#
# Teams play maximum of 11 consecutive days
# Offdays fall every 5-10 days
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 8 games
# All-Star break counted as ending homestands/roadtrips
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Wednesday of April
# Season ends beginning of April
# Season spans 89 days
#
# All-Star Game set for Tuesday in late May (day num 49)
#
# Built on 2019-08-19
#
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl 30team76_235u_a_gmo.lsdl (57.3 KB, 58 views)