Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Sorry not to have more for you guys on this, Andreas and I were both on vacation last month.

We haven't forgotten about this, but we also haven't been able to recreate the issue to solve it either. It just seems totally random and even for folks that have the issue, it seems only to strike random saves, not every save they play. So it's just really hard to even track down well enough to figure anything out.

I'm currently working with someone in support that has this issue and hopefully we can narrow it down more and find a fix. If so I'll let you know.

If anyone else with this problem wants to open a support ticket as well, then feel free! Maybe working with multiple folks at the same time on it will help us figure it out quicker.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #22
Exodor
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post

EDIT: What I am seeing is that the profile picture works, but the mini one doesn't until I exit and restart the game. Restarting doesn't solve the problem overall. It just fixes any new player pictures that were created during the previous session

I can confirm this - after exiting the game and restarting the mini pictures are visible for players that have this problem but the issue continues when new player pictures are generated.
Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:19 AM   #23
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Sorry not to have more for you guys on this, Andreas and I were both on vacation last month.

We haven't forgotten about this, but we also haven't been able to recreate the issue to solve it either. It just seems totally random and even for folks that have the issue, it seems only to strike random saves, not every save they play. So it's just really hard to even track down well enough to figure anything out.

I'm currently working with someone in support that has this issue and hopefully we can narrow it down more and find a fix. If so I'll let you know.

If anyone else with this problem wants to open a support ticket as well, then feel free! Maybe working with multiple folks at the same time on it will help us figure it out quicker.
Thanks for not forgetting about this; problem continues to get worse. Over half my ML teams are now affected. Problem is also growing in the minor leagues. Guys who have had working pictures for a couple of years are included. I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with automatic updates to beards/age progression/etc.

Is this fixed as part of the new patch I was alerted to tonight?
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:57 AM   #24
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConStar View Post
Thanks for not forgetting about this; problem continues to get worse. Over half my ML teams are now affected. Problem is also growing in the minor leagues. Guys who have had working pictures for a couple of years are included. I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with automatic updates to beards/age progression/etc.

Is this fixed as part of the new patch I was alerted to tonight?
No, we still have no idea what's going on We can't recreate the issue, this just doesn't happen at all when we test

For you and the other guys who have this problem, is it only happening in one specific league, or in any league you start? So if you have multiple saves you are playing or if you start a new save, does this happen in all of them? Or does it just happen in one specific save game, but not in any other games?

Old 10-17-2017, 01:44 AM   #25
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
No, we still have no idea what's going on We can't recreate the issue, this just doesn't happen at all when we test

For you and the other guys who have this problem, is it only happening in one specific league, or in any league you start? So if you have multiple saves you are playing or if you start a new save, does this happen in all of them? Or does it just happen in one specific save game, but not in any other games?
Well, here's the problem with me and my situation ... I will probably be no help to you.

In 1987, I started a baseball league on a Commodore 64 on SubLOGIC's PureStat Baseball platform. Over the years, I moved that league to MicroLeague, then to Pursue The Pennant/Diamond Mind, then finally 5 years ago to OOTP. That's a lot of manual moving of records, stats, names, etc.

I play 1 game per day, just like real life. I do not play ahead. I don't start multiple leagues. I've got guys as coaches in my league now that started out as players in my fictional 1987 universe.

The OOTP league I'm running now is the same one I started in OOTP14. I buy the new version every year and import.

As you might imagine, this makes me very susceptible to data crashes. So I back up religiously, including to an external hard drive whose sole purpose in life is to maintain the data from this one league. If it were to ever fully crash, I would lose a life's history of gaming dating back to my teenage years. I'm in my 40s now.

The beauty of the OOTP platform is that everyone can play the game a different way. I doubt anyone else plays it the way I do. This is why, when you guys ask for suggestions, I always put up the same two: One, I would like to be able to call individual pitches (meaning, direct the pitcher to throw a fastball, then a slider, etc.). I play slow enough as is where this would be par for the course for me. The second suggestion is to have you guys at OOTP separate the draft class (which has real names) into a file we could upload into our current league. Since my OOTP league "started" with OOTP14, the last time I had real draft-eligible people in the game was 2015. Since then, all the drafted names have been fictional, which I don't like. For instance, next year, I would like to be able to buy OOTP19, then import its amateur draft class into the league I've been carrying over since OOTP14.

This is a long-winded way of saying I don't start multiple leagues or play multiple games, and never will. My league will die when I do, whenever that might be, and it will be the same league I started in OOTP14.
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #26
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

I've had this issue for a while myself but never posted about it. Thought about fixing today and did a search to see if anyone else was having this issue and it seems they are. Has there been any movement on this? Ive done the restarts and still don't have some mini pics show up on leaderboards or SP and anywhere else a mini pic is needed. Profile page does show the picture - it is sporadic and weird.
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:22 PM   #27
prono
Minors (Single A)

I have been having this issue as well, I'm currently trying to reinstall OOTP18 and hoping for the best. My issue started after the last update I did as well.
prono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:43 PM   #28
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Hey guys!

To try to get this solved, what we really need is for someone who's having this problem to zip up the entire folder of the league that this is happening for, save files, facegens, graphics and everything. Then either upload it as per my sig or post it to Dropbox or Google Drive or wherever and send me the link. Then hopefully we can actually reproduce the issue and find a fix.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #29
J.HenryWaugh
Minors (Double A)

Question same problem, only completely different

My problem (and it's not really a problem, more of an annoyance) is: I am running an historical league. I downloaded the historical photo pack from Add-on Central and most look good.

However, there are a LOT of players who actual photos do NOT show in the field when playing a game or in the list of top performers. Instead there is a facegen image, even though my I told it not to use facegens and my fg_files folder is empty save the readme file.

I have looked at some of the player photos and the size of the file doesn't seem to be the culprit like it can be for logos.

Any ideas where these rogue facegens are coming from and why?