Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 01-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
Yeldarb
Minors (Double A)

FEBL Looking for Owners Again

Found out this weekend that we had an owner running two teams and he has been removed from the league which leads us to having now two teams available.

FEBL - Fantasy Email Baseball League

Nebraska and Compton are the two teams available. Nebraska is the reigning league champion and is built to win now. Compton, not one of the teams involved as we had one of our newer owners transfer from this team to the other team involved in the fiasco, is a team with a lot of young talent that made it to the league championship where it lost to Nebraska.

We are now in the off-season and our Amateur Draft is underway. The first round will probably conclude today.

On the front page of the website, in the middle box, where it lists team openings, those team names are links directly to the teams in question.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at bcramer11@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Brad
Yeldarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #2
Yeldarb
Minors (Double A)

About the FEBL

Just realized I forgot to give a description of the league:

Long-running (we just completed season 45), fictional league. We are running OOTP 13 at this time. No current plans on moving to a more recent version of the game, but that could change at a later time. We are a fairly laid-back league with many long-time owners (many with 20+ seasons with the league, including 4 originals).

During a season, we sim 3 times per week, typically MWF, with 7 game days per sim. Owners are not required to send an export for every sim. 16 teams, 2 leagues, 4 divisions of 4 teams, one wildcard per league with the divisional winners for the playoffs. We do use a salary cap.

We are looking for someone who will be an active participant in the league and can get along with others. If you have experience with online leagues, that's great, but if not, I'm willing to work with you and get you up to speed as best and as fast as I can.

We are in the off-season right now. Our Amateur Draft is currently running. I expect the next season to start sometime in early-to-mid February depending on how my schedule goes.

As I mentioned in the above post, we recently found out one of our owners was secretly running a second team and he was removed from the league. That leaves us with two vacancies:

Nebraska - Reigning league champion. Team is and has been a league powerhouse right now and is definitely built to win now. It also has one of the top farm systems in the league, so there's no shortage of talent on the team and in the system.

Compton - Reigning league runner-up. A team that got stripped down a few seasons back and has been built back up to prominence. A young team with a young core and a strong farm system to back it up.

Neither team is perfect so there's a lot you can do and you have a lot of talent to get things done either by trade or promoting from within.

The league website is FEBL - Fantasy Email Baseball League and you can reach me, Brad, at bcramer11@yahoo.com if you are interested in joining.

NOTE - Only league members have access to our message board. We have had many instances of hackers and spammers hitting our board, so we just shut it off to the general public. If you decide to join, I will help you get registered on our board.

NOTE 2 - If you are international (outside of North America), you may run into problems viewing the website. If this is the case, please let me know and let me know where you are located. I probably know why you're having the problem.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Why not 'out' the person that owned the two teams?
canadian content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #4
Yeldarb
Minors (Double A)

Because this forum is for finding owners to fill the vacancies.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
Yeldarb
Minors (Double A)

An update: We will be moving up to OOTP 15 after our next season.

That means we will play one more season under 13, which will begin on or around March 8th, and after that season is completed we will then move the league into OOTP 15.

So, if someone is looking to join a league but doesn't want to get "stuck" in a 13 league, here's a league to join.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
deh34
Minors (Double A)

just fyi, this is a great, consistent league with a lot of personalization options. the commish does a great job and is communicative and dependable.
deh34 is offline   Reply With Quote