Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 10-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
steady teddy
Major Leagues

I'm_confused_about_the_underscore_for_logos.png

I've read the section for Logo Naming Convention in the Customization Guide and looked at the default logos and custom logos but I'm still confused as to why some custom logos show up in the game and some don't.

I have named all Major League and Minor League affiliates but it looks like "city name_team name.png" is not always working for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Looking at the images folder, some of the minor league teams are named "city name_team name_.png" with the extra underscore. But most teams do not have "_" between "team name" and ".png".

If I name a team like the "Savannah Sand Gnats", the default logo will be named "Savanahh_Sand_Gnats_.png". But the default logo for the Springfield Cardinals will be named "Springfield_Cardinals.png" This means that only some of the default logos will be overwritten with custom logos and some of them won't be overwritten, depending on how the logo is named.

I don't understand why, if I name the teams properly, the logo will be named sometimes with an extra "_" and sometimes without.

Can someone explain what I might be doing wrong in naming the teams and cities, assuming the custom logos are named correctly? I'm using truth serum's logos btw.

Thanks in advance
steady teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
sporr
Global Moderator

Interesting. In my league they ALL have underscores between EVERY word.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

ive just finished testing all possible setups and it appears as though you either have to have an underscore between the city and nick or an underscore between everything.

im not sure why an underscore would go between the last word and the extension, but that combination didnt work in any of the tests i tried.

some examples of the setups i tested:

2 word city + league designation w/ 1 word nick
New_York_(A)_Yankees.png - works
New_York_(A)_Yankees_.png - does not
New York (A)_Yankees.png - works
New York (A)_Yankees_.png - does not

2 word city w/ 1 word nick
San Diego_Padres.png - works
San_Diego_Padres.png - works
San_Diego_Padres_.png - does not
San Diego Padres_.png - does not

2 word city w/ 2 word nick
Tampa_Bay_Devil Rays.png - does not
Tampa Bay_Devil_Rays_.png - does not
Tampa Bay_Devil Rays.png - works
Tampa_Bay Devil_Rays.png - does not

1 word city w/ 2 word nick
Boston_Red Sox.png - works
Boston Red_Sox.png - does not
Boston_Red Sox_.png - does not
Boston Red Sox_.png - does not

1 word city w/ 1 word nick
Anaheim_Angels.png - works
Anaheim Angels_.png - does not
Anaheim_Angels_.png - does not
Anaheim Angels.png - does not

if you change the logos with the game open, you will not see the changes until you restart it (which made this a lot longer process than i expected).

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposableheros View Post
ive just finished testing all possible setups and it appears as though you either have to have an underscore between the city and nick or an underscore between everything.
Hah, the bolded part I didn't know!

Quote:
if you change the logos with the game open, you will not see the changes until you restart it (which made this a lot longer process than i expected).
When I tested this I'm pretty sure I just loaded a different league and then reloaded the testing league. That should be a heck of a lot faster (depending on the size of the leagues, I guess).
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
When I tested this I'm pretty sure I just loaded a different league and then reloaded the testing league. That should be a heck of a lot faster (depending on the size of the leagues, I guess).
oh, now you tell me

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 10-15-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
steady teddy
Major Leagues

Quote:

im not sure why an underscore would go between the last word and the extension, but that combination didnt work in any of the tests i tried.

some examples of the setups i tested:

2 word city + league designation w/ 1 word nick
New_York_(A)_Yankees.png - works
New_York_(A)_Yankees_.png - does not
New York (A)_Yankees.png - works
New York (A)_Yankees_.png - does not

2 word city w/ 1 word nick
San Diego_Padres.png - works
San_Diego_Padres.png - works
San_Diego_Padres_.png - does not
San Diego Padres_.png - does not

2 word city w/ 2 word nick
Tampa_Bay_Devil Rays.png - does not
Tampa Bay_Devil_Rays_.png - does not
Tampa Bay_Devil Rays.png - works
Tampa_Bay Devil_Rays.png - does not

1 word city w/ 1 word nick
Anaheim_Angels.png - works
Anaheim Angels_.png - does not
Anaheim_Angels_.png - does not
Anaheim Angels.png - does not

Wow! Great work disposableheros. I haven't tested all this yet but I already recognize much of what you've written.

Thanks
steady teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
Bishop
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Boston_Red_Sox.png - works
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #8
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Boston_Red_Sox.png - works
right, because there is an underscore between every word
<STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE>

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 11-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #9
zekester91
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steady teddy View Post
I've read the section for Logo Naming Convention in the Customization Guide and looked at the default logos and custom logos but I'm still confused as to why some custom logos show up in the game and some don't.

I have named all Major League and Minor League affiliates but it looks like "city name_team name.png" is not always working for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Looking at the images folder, some of the minor league teams are named "city name_team name_.png" with the extra underscore. But most teams do not have "_" between "team name" and ".png".

If I name a team like the "Savannah Sand Gnats", the default logo will be named "Savanahh_Sand_Gnats_.png". But the default logo for the Springfield Cardinals will be named "Springfield_Cardinals.png" This means that only some of the default logos will be overwritten with custom logos and some of them won't be overwritten, depending on how the logo is named.

I don't understand why, if I name the teams properly, the logo will be named sometimes with an extra "_" and sometimes without.

Can someone explain what I might be doing wrong in naming the teams and cities, assuming the custom logos are named correctly? I'm using truth serum's logos btw.

Thanks in advance
Just going to guess here but could it be that when you created/edited the team names that for some of them you added an extra space at the end so that the "Savannah Sand Gnats" became the "Savannah Sand Gnats " and when the game creates the logos it normaly will change spaces to _ that's why some of your teams have an extra "_" and some don't. That would be the first place I'd look on why some of your logs need the extra _ at the end.
zekester91 is offline   Reply With Quote