Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #1
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Updates to buying contracts of unaffiliated minor league players

Mainly for historical players, but like all trades are sent to your inbox can we get a notification when a team in our league has bought a minor leaguer? Would like to know rather than having to trawl through the transaction logs just in case or be surprised when a new player shows up on another minor league team.

Would also like to see different prices based on the selling teams rating of a player. Surely unaffiliated teams set the price for players rather than having to give away Joe Di Maggio for the same price they'd get for Ballplayer Random.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

+1 to greatly expanding everything about this idea.

Not only am I a historical player, but I like playing stats only (which is very draft-unfriendly) when I run fictional. And I also just really dislike drafting in general. It's incredibly boring to filter through all those non-entities in order to pick players who are not going to make it most of the time.

It's no coincidence that whenever I put down OOTP for a while, my save is on June 1st more often than not.

I'd love the ability to run my team in the old fashion where you just buy your players from lower level leagues, but the AI won't even take proper advantage of the 'sell to major leagues for X amount' option. I've tried lots of different things and the best I've been able to do is remove the amateur draft and expand the international draft both in quantity and age bracket. I can tell myself those are minor league players. But it doesn't really cut it.

This is one of those suggestions which if implemented, would be enough for me to buy OOTP21 by itself.

Off topic, fix the goddamn coaches already too!
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote