Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 5 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM 5 dynasties here!

Old 02-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #21
kinnikuniverse
Minors (Single A)

hmm, in real life, the Montreal maroon
were about to be sold to a group that would move them to Philadelphia if they built an arena in time...which they didn't, and when the NHL first moved to Philadelphia, it was in inadequate facilities. maybe later down the road, you can have the wanderers become the Philadelphia team? I dunno if they should be called the flyers or the falcon, after a minor league team in the 40s.

SHUCKS! alot of towns looking for NHL teams! the cleveland barons minor league team didn't exist back then, and new jersey, I don't think so. I would prefer cleveland, but later. we need some stability first, and let the new American franchises already in place have time to establish themselves. we don't wanna make the same mistake as the real NHL and expand too quickly.

Last edited by kinnikuniverse; 02-16-2019 at 05:55 PM.
kinnikuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:24 PM   #22
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Very cool idea, I will watch to see how this adventure growing
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:17 AM   #23
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

1927-1928 Season Review
Ottawa led the Canadian and Boston led the American division.

The two also fought their way to the Stanley Cup where Boston prevailed becoming the first American team to win.

Ottawa's 39 year old Fenkell once again led in goals and total points.

It was the "Americans" turn to rotate through the Canadian division, where they finished last, much like Boston (the new champion) did the season before.

Detroit moved into it's new arena the Olympia seating over 11,000.

We successfully threatened the AHA who booted Livingstone out of the League. He's suing the Blackhawks, the NHL and the AHA. Both the Chicago and Detroit AHA franchises folded, as did Winnipeg. They continue on with teams in Minneapolis, Kansas City, St. Paul and Duluth

The amateur Canadian-American Hockey League completed it's second season with a team in Philadelphia. There were also teams in Quebec, Boston, Providence, New Haven and Springfield MA.

Out in California a new league with teams in LA, Hollywood and Richfield started.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:50 AM   #24
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

1928-1929 Season Review

Toronto and the Rangers topped their divisions. But It was Ottawa facing the Rangers in the final with the Senators winning their 3rd cup in 4 years.

Toronto's 22 year old Sivak led in goals and points with Ottawa's Scholz leading in assists and tying for the points lead.

Wanderers 20 year old Christiansen led 3 major Goalie categories and won goalie of the year.

Wanderers 40 year old Randy Blake won his 7th award for best defenceman.

Boston moved into the new Gardens. Pittsburgh and Chicago drop below the 3,000 average for attendance. Chicago has a 16,000 seat Stadium coming for next season which we hope will help. Unfortunately there is no movement in Pittsburgh on replacing the aging Duquesne Gardens that has less than 6,000 capacity.

In the CAHL Quebec dropped out and they added Newark. In California Richfield dropped out and Oakland and San Francisco were added. The AHA added St. Louis and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 02-17-2019, 01:29 AM   #25
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

1929-1930 Season Review

October 29, 1929 Stock Market Crash. Teams slash ticket prices to keep people in the seats.

Ottawa and Boston finished tops in their respective divisions with Ottawa defeating the Detroit Cougars in the final to take their 4th cup in 5 years.

Scholz of Ottawa swept the goals, assists and points categories. Farcier also of Ottawa led goalies in wins and shut-outs and was second in GAA and save %.

Pittsburgh made the playoffs and bumped attendance to just over 3,000 but they have no new arena in sight. Duquesne seats 5,657 people and once Maple Leaf Gardens is finished after next season it will be the only arena with less than 10,000 capacity. Leonard, the Yellow Jacket owner wants to move them to Philly to the Municipal Auditorium (about 8,000 for hockey) in hopes of expanding it or waiting it out there while Pittsburgh builds a new arena. Or Pittsburgh could stay where they are to wait out the arena situation. We also learn Leonard is actually a front for "Bootleg" Bill Dwyer who also owns the Americans. What should Pittsburgh do?

The CAHL and AHA are going strong as is the California League. A new PCHL started last year and currently has teams in Vancouver, Victoria, Portland and Seattle. The CPHL morphed into the International Hckey League. The Hamilton Tigers play there and they have teams in Detroit, Cleveland and Buffalo.
Attached Images
Old 02-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #26
kinnikuniverse
Minors (Single A)

hmm, interesting. despite the recession, people still go and watch hockey. I thought it would have a more devastating effect than that.

as for pittsburgh, there isn't a suitable 8,000-10,000+-seater arena I know of, so i think it's best to move them to Philly. but have them be called the falcon, cause not only is Quakers a stupid-sounding name, but it reminds me too much of quaker state.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:21 AM   #27
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

1930-1931 Season Review

The Habs and Detroit topped their divisions. Toronto came from 3rd place in the Canadian division to win the Stanley Cup.

Daniel Sivak of the Leafs led the league in goals and points. Scholz led in assists and took over the NHL career point lead.

20 year old Leaf defenceman O'Branagan won defenceman of the year.

Pittsburgh moved to Philly for the season and was nick-named the Ramblers. Attendance improved slightly. With the ongoing economic problems Leonard (and Bootleg Bill) have requested to suspend operations while they look to build a new arena back in Pittsburgh or expand the one in Philly. Should we try to facilitate a new / improved arena in either city?

Detroit is in financial trouble and may have to sell. The Canadiens already have an offer to purchase from unnamed American sources likely out of Cleveland.

Ottawa's owners don't have a lot of money. Attendance is ok but they could be a problem if the economic problems go on.

Both New York teams, the Wanderers and Toronto saw attendance drop.

The AHA turned pro with teams in Chicago (owned by James E Norris), Buffalo, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Kansas City, Tulsa and Duluth.
Attached Images
Old 02-18-2019, 07:50 AM   #28
kinnikuniverse
Minors (Single A)

wait what? did I read that right? the Canadiens being purchased? by a group from cleveland? NEVER!!

and yeah, we should help Philly and Pittsburgh with their arenas.

we need to find new owners for Detroit. have them become the red wings in the future.

come on, we need to find owners to keep the sens in Ottawa! that's the most interesting prospect of this diary: ottawa surviving the recession!
Old 02-18-2019, 10:09 AM   #29
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

1931-1932 Season in Review

Detroit renamed the Falcons by new owners finished first overall and won the Stanley Cup.

Oleniek (NYR) led the league in points, while Ottawa's Gibbs and Scholz led in goals and assists.

Toronto's Christensen led in most major goalie categories.

Philadelphia (Pittsburgh) asked to be suspended for the season while arena issues are worked out. At most we can "help" one city understand the need for an arena: Pittsburgh with the strong hockey history or Philadelphia which is a much larger market.

But we may need to "help" other franchises too. If we help Philadelphia (Pittsburgh) we may not be able to help anyone else. Detroit's new owners went into receivership and Ottawa are not doing well as their owners can't afford to run their teams. The Canadiens have another anonymous offer on the table, this time for less money ($300,000 when it was $600,000 due to the recession). It looks likely that Montreal can't support two teams. Also the Americans may be in trouble as well as the Rangers (who also own MSG) are taking all the best arena dates.

Some help may be on the way. James Norris owner of the Chicago team in the now pro AHL want's to buy into the NHL. So far he's asked about expanding to St. Louis, purchasing Ottawa and moving them to either Chicago or Toronto as a second team and purchasing Detroit (and renaming them the "Red Wings" of all things). Should we let him help and what option should we let him pursue?
Attached Images
Old 02-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #30
kinnikuniverse
Minors (Single A)

I say let norris buy Detroit. red wings is a cooler name anyway.

if there is a Montreal team that can move out of town, it'd be the wanderers. the way I see it, Montreal is a majorly french-speaking city, so the majority would cheer for the habs. not only that, but with the wanderers gone, they can use this opportunity to unite Anglophones and francophones by cheering for one team. also, the name Canadiens, while written in french, can speak to every Montrealer, Anglophone or francophone.

not to say you should fold the wanderers. au contraire, they are a good team, and they do make some money. I suggest you move them somewhere. not Chicago though, we already have a team there. maybe have them be the Philadelphia team when Pittsburgh gets a new arena and their team back.

but yeah, about that...if we really have only one city to help build new facilities, I'd go for pittsburgh. hockey is always strong there. as for Philly, like I said, once we manage to help them eventually build a new arena (the spectrum or whatever arena you have in mind.), we send the wanderers there as their new home.

as for new York, I never really cared that much about the Americans, I always preferred tex's rangers. you said something about st. Louis? I checked Wikipedia, and the st.louis arena opened in 1929. maybe you can have the Americans go to Missouri?

man, the search for new owners to keep Ottawa in town has become a running gag at this point! lol yknow what, screw it, we need to help Ottawa!

have the habs moved to the forum yet?

Last edited by kinnikuniverse; 02-18-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #31
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

1932-1933 Season in review

Toronto finished 1st overall but the 5th place Rangers won New York's first cup!

Spratte, O'Branagan and Wylie led the league in goals assists and points.

Norris bought the Detroit franchise renaming them the Red Wings, solving one of our problems. We still have the problems of whether New York and Montreal can support two franchises. The Canadiens ownership turned down the $300,000 bid for their franchise.

The Depression has really started to impact attendance. All teams have been affected with Ottawa dropping to dangerous levels. The league has loaned them money to keep them afloat for at least another year.

It looks like we have convinced Pittsburgh to build a new arena though if the City Council passes it it won't be ready for next season.
Attached Images
Old 02-18-2019, 07:21 PM   #32
kinnikuniverse
Minors (Single A)

"sigh" I think we have to say goodbye to Ottawa...unless a new owner miraculously appears , a new arena is built, and the team stays in Ottawa...but I fear the chances of it happening is second to none...nonetheless, I'm sure they will turn around their fortune!

with Pittsburgh taken care of, you can send the wanderers to Philly. and the Americans to st.louis or folding.

Last edited by kinnikuniverse; 02-18-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:19 AM   #33
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

1933-1934 Season review

The Canadiens finished first overall but Boston beat them in the Stanley Cup final.

Toronto's Daniel Sivak led the league in goals and points.

Wanderers Jozef Divin won goalie of the year and their defender Rustem Akmullakh won defencemen of the year.

Although Ottawa's attendance "surged" from 2,700 to 3,300 losses have mounted for ownership. A former unnamed player was given an option to buy the team and move them, purportedly to Baltimore. There was talk of merging them with the also struggling Americans. There's also on offer form St. Louis interests.

The Americans are struggling as somehow the end of prohibition in the US is affecting "Bootleg" Bills finances.

The California league succumbed to the depression. The Eastern Hockey League has started. The IHL and CAHL are still going strong.

Pittsburgh New Duquesne Gardens will be ready for next year, with a seating capacity of 11,500 for hockey.
Attached Images
Old 02-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #34
kinnikuniverse
Minors (Single A)

I think the problem is mostly the arena. Ottawa has the smallest arena, so the attendance issue might come from here. maybe the new owner can push for a new arena?

"sigh" I'm almost willing to give up on Ottawa it seems that there is no way that the original senators will stay alive...come on!

now that Pittsburgh's taken care of, what about Philly?

Last edited by kinnikuniverse; 02-19-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:00 PM   #35
JaytheGreat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It would be really interesting to see Ottawa move to Baltimore, but is there really a big enough fan base for it? If they do move I think St. Louis would probably be the best bet.
JaytheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #36
kinnikuniverse
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaytheGreat View Post
It would be really interesting to see Ottawa move to Baltimore, but is there really a big enough fan base for it? If they do move I think St. Louis would probably be the best bet.
yeah, me too.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #37
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

1934-1935 Season Review

Pittsburgh got their arena completed and the Yellow Jackets returned to the League. (Note their attendance was omitted as I neglected to edit their arena properly - just assume like all expansion franchises they sold out or came close to selling out their 11,500 seats.

Sadly (for Ottawa fans) 4 time champion Ottawa moved to St. Louis. St. Louis's attendance was last in the league but still beat Ottawa by a healthy margin. Travel costs are a concern but St. Louis will return for a second season.

Going to an East West division alignment the Canadiens and Toronto won their respective divisions. The Habs wan an unprecedented 7th cup, however their owners mat not have sufficient resources to outlast the depression era.

Bootleg BIll is now actively trying to sell the Americans with no offers yet.

Sutpin bought the Cleveland Falcons of the IHL. He may have been the person behind the bids on the Canadiens but we are unsure.

Scholz of St. Louis led the league in assists (a new NHL record) and points with the Rangers Waycott leading in goals. Scholz continues to set all time records in points and may have a shot at 1000.

The Leafs' Christensen won his 3rd goalie of the year award.
Attached Images
Old 02-19-2019, 11:37 PM   #38
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sell the Americans to a Long Island based owner. Bring the Islanders early!
Cygnusx1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:40 PM   #39
kinnikuniverse
Minors (Single A)

I'd say Philly.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:46 AM   #40
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

1935-1936 Season in Review

The Rangers and Chicago topped their divisions but it was the Americans who won the cup beating St. Louis in 3 games.

Sivak led the league in goals and points with Scholz of St. Louis leading in assists. The 35 year old Scholz now has 942 points. WIll he make it to 1,000?

Todd O'Branagan now of Chicago, won his 4th defenceman of the year award and is averaging almost a point a game.

Pittsburgh led the league in attendance selling out every game and the Wanderers dropped to last.

The Canadiens situation appears to have settled. After one last offer of $200,000 from Cleveland interests local buyers came forward to purchase the Canadiens for $175,000. We later learn the buyers are a front for the Wanderers owners. We believe they mean to merge the teams and fold one.

Despite winning the Stanley Cup no buyers for the Americans have come forward (it is the depression). We have decided to revoke "Bootleg" Bills ownership and taken control of the team. He sued us but we reached a deal where he can repurchase his team by the end of next season after paying off his other debts. If not we'll see if the Cleveland and Philly interests are still around. Or maybe we keep it in New York area. I hear Brooklyn will soon be "hip".
Attached Images