Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 10-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Vegas baby!!!

After playing 1 or 2 seasons with a few teams i decided to start a proper dynasty with a team where i can make proper history...

Enter Vegas! Playing as GM and HD!

I decided to start from scratch and redraft it all and this is how it ended up...
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by tk43; 10-24-2017 at 03:40 PM.
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

A brand new coaching set up was brought in to look after the players....
Attached Images
Old 10-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Being the Wheeler Dealer type of a GM a flurry of trades happened during the summer to make sure the team is ready to compete and not only being the whipping boys for the rest of the league...

High draft picks were sacrificed to get some young stars, and the opening night roster looks as follows...

Sami Vatanen is a few days away to take Pokka's spot on the D, possibly playing in the top 4 with Werenski
Attached Images

Last edited by tk43; 10-24-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #4
dustyMTL
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not really a fan of the trades you made... kind of takes away from the realism of the team as it is today. I also did a redraft, currently on my third season and finally looks like I may compete for a playoff spot after finishing bottom 5 in back to back seasons. But never finished dead last. Had the 7th overall pick the first year, and then the 5th overall the next year, traded up for the first overall pick and took Jack Hughes. This season Nick Suzuki centers my top line, for his first crack at NHL action. Winged by Boedker and Simmonds! Anyways ill create a thread at the end of this season probably and do a little 3 year recap myself!
dustyMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #5
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

After the first month of the season, the Golden Knights hold a 7-3-1 record a very good start.
The young guns are doing really well...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #6
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

November wasn't as good as we would've liked, going 5-6-3...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #7
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

December brings a 6-6-0 record, for the first time the owner of the VGK is worried by the development of the team...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #8
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

January brings a 7-5-0 record, the team was on a good streak before losing the last 4 games of the month...

Matt Murray was selected to the all star team, and kept a clean sheet in it..
Matthew Tkachuk was selected as the player of the month for january...
our 2nd line made great progress after a slight change in the Offensive Settings for Tkachuk and Marner....

the Owner of the VGK is now unhappy with the progress...

only 9 points separate the 10th VGK from the 1st placed LA Kings...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-25-2017, 04:45 AM   #9
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyMTL View Post
Not really a fan of the trades you made... kind of takes away from the realism of the team as it is today. I also did a redraft, currently on my third season and finally looks like I may compete for a playoff spot after finishing bottom 5 in back to back seasons. But never finished dead last. Had the 7th overall pick the first year, and then the 5th overall the next year, traded up for the first overall pick and took Jack Hughes. This season Nick Suzuki centers my top line, for his first crack at NHL action. Winged by Boedker and Simmonds! Anyways ill create a thread at the end of this season probably and do a little 3 year recap myself!
Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to see your save, hope you get deep in the playoffs!!!

I'm a win now kinda player :-) a win now at any costs...
when playing FHM 3 with the Oilers to see how well McDavid can do I traded away every pick the first 4 years to build a team around him which got me 9 Stanley cups in a row, a GM job with Canada and so on...

Want to see if I can replicate that with Vegas! With Strome struggling a little I'm considering trading him for Matthews and pair him with Laine to see what the 2 of them can achieve together...

Trust me it gets challenging when you enter your 5th or 6th year and all the kids are grown up and want big contracts!!! I will try to keep the core together for as long as possible!!!

The Core is: Murray in goal, Werenski and Ristollainen on D, Laine, Barkov, Marner, Tkachuk and possibly Strome...
Old 10-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #10
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

February was great for the Knights, going on a 9 game winning streak, finishing the month at 11-3-0.

The Owner is satisfied with the progress made.

The trade deadline has passed without the VGK doing anything, the most notable trade seen Calgary deal D Giordano to Montreal for C Drouin
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-25-2017, 04:27 PM   #11
dustyMTL
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looks like your set for a playoff spot! I decided to do a fresh re-draft from scratch. Although i love the progress and development of my players from my origina draft, going back 3 years of sim to acquire information to make an update was a pain, so i decided to do a fresh start! I wont be blowing it up the way you did, but i am planning a small move before the season starts.
dustyMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #12
George_Bell
All Star Starter

I'm not trying to rag on you for playing the way you want, that's completely fine. So don't take it that way.

Looking at that roster you assembled right off the bat is very concerning for me. There really should be no way a expansion team at the very least should be able to acquire those players. I see bunch of players who really should be close to untouchable.

Would you mind posting the trades that you were able to make? I think the developers need to see those. Make the game better!
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:05 PM   #13
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I'm taking quite the opposite approach with Vegas. I redrafted as young as possible, while still maintaining somewhat of a competitive team (I hope). Then build the team primarily off draft picks and the occasional free agent and or trade. Don't see the playoffs in the very near future, but hope to be able to really build a team that can develop a strong chemistry over time and become a dynasty.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:06 PM   #14
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
I'm not trying to rag on you for playing the way you want, that's completely fine. So don't take it that way.

Looking at that roster you assembled right off the bat is very concerning for me. There really should be no way a expansion team at the very least should be able to acquire those players. I see bunch of players who really should be close to untouchable.

Would you mind posting the trades that you were able to make? I think the developers need to see those. Make the game better!
It's worth noting that if in commissioner mode, you can force trades.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:29 AM   #15
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
It's worth noting that if in commissioner mode, you can force trades.
I don't play in commissioner mode ;-)
Old 10-26-2017, 04:33 AM   #16
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post

Some of the NHL teams should really give me a call to get a proper roster for them haha...

100% agree with you, I asked the Dev's quite a few times about the trading logic, and in fairness they do have to set some rules for trades to happen...
The one that bugs me the most is the ability to trade for or away players with NMC or NTC, or when i get a player injured for months i can trade him for a player on the same level...

I'm sure you heard of this guy called Gretzky... he got traded ;-)
Old 10-26-2017, 04:46 AM   #17
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Trades as requested in order they were made...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-26-2017, 04:47 AM   #18
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

part2
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-26-2017, 04:48 AM   #19
tk43