Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 02-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
Phantom Player
Minors (Double A)

Expanded Weather Database

Here's a project I started working on a while back. It is an expanded weather file with data for around 400 additional cities.

It contains:
  • Almost all pro-league cities including those in Cuba (excluding some smaller towns I had trouble finding info for), Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Italy, the Netherlands, etc. in addition to a few extra towns in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic.
  • Select cities in every WBSC-ranked nation as well as those that have participated in international competitions in recent decades.
  • Select cities in cricket-playing countries (including cities in all of the ICC's full and associate member nations/territories except for Guernsey and Jersey).

Obviously, none of these countries have nearly as many cities as the United States does in the default file, but you should at least be able to find a reasonably close city for any location in the included nations. Some places were tricky and required multiple data sources to complete. For the precipitation data, I went with the average number of days in a given month with greater than 1mm of precipitation since it seems that's the data that the default file uses. There's probably a few typos in the file, so if you come across something weird like it being 7 degrees in Tijuana post here so I can update the file with the correct info.

To use, paste this text file over the default file in the database folder (I recommend making a copy of the default file first and putting it in a backup folder to be on the safe side). For games already in progress, you have to go to the weather screen (under the stadium editor) and select re-import weather database.
Attached Files
File Type: txt weather.txt (75.0 KB, 478 views)
Phantom Player is offline   Reply With Quote