Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-08-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

How to respond to AI saying you can add a player and they will accept the trade

Most of the time when I make a propose a trade and the AI says "I'll have to think about it" they respond by saying, "However, if you add any of the following players, we'd have a deal"

Any time I have tried to add one of the players they specified to the deal they respond NO WAY! Even if i keep going down this rabbit hole they keep saying to add another player over and over and always say NO WAY.

I'm trying to add the player using the "Respond to Message" drop down and selecting "Discuss trade again"

Is this the wrong way? I don't see any trade listed under "Pending" that I can otherwise work with.

FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaviusFlav View Post
Most of the time when I make a propose a trade and the AI says "I'll have to think about it" they respond by saying, "However, if you add any of the following players, we'd have a deal"

Any time I have tried to add one of the players they specified to the deal they respond NO WAY! Even if i keep going down this rabbit hole they keep saying to add another player over and over and always say NO WAY.

I'm trying to add the player using the "Respond to Message" drop down and selecting "Discuss trade again"

Is this the wrong way? I don't see any trade listed under "Pending" that I can otherwise work with.
Yeah this feature is still a bit bugged. My solution is to go back to the trade window for that trade and use the "make this work now" button to see what the other GM will take and often the guys listed in the email are the same or of similar quality to some of the guys available in the "make this work now" list. That process seems to be a lot more reliable for completing the trade.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Commish Mode --> Force Trade
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:06 PM   #4
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Yeah, make this work now is absolutely more useful. I was just wondering if it was doing it wrong. The guys they ask for usually seem to be less than they will take for the make this work now option so I was hoping I was just getting to the trade incorrectly.

FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:11 PM   #5
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

I have seen the CPU accept the trade later 1 time out of too many to count.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:37 PM   #6
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I have seen them accept a few times for me but it is maybe around 5% or less of the time.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:53 AM   #7
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Ok. It's good to know that it wasn't just me who had a couple of these situations when I propose a trade to another team. My most recent was trying to trade for Rickey Henderson (1982) with my Yankees (1982). I was willing to give up 4 players. Two were really good young prospects.

Oakland said No to all proposals. Clicking on the Make It Work button, Oakland came back and said if I added Dave Righetti the deal would probably work. Rags is my best starter 10-1 in mid-June, an ERA around 2.20. I couldn't afford to let him go - I'd have to find another way. I hit Auto-Play Until Next Week. It stopped after two days and told me, Dave Righetti, tore his rotator cuff and will be out 14-15 MONTHS! Talk about bad juju.
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #8
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaviusFlav View Post

IMO, you are not responding correctly. I get the trade done this way:

After getting the suggested player list, press the "Discuss Trade" button.

Next, hit the "Make this work now" button. The same list of names that came in the e-mail will appear now.

Click on the player you want to trade.

This will active the "Complete Trade" button. Press it, the trade goes through.

This always works for me, and has been this way since the dawn of the suggest a player era.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:22 PM   #9
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post
IMO, you are not responding correctly. I get the trade done this way:

After getting the suggested player list, press the "Discuss Trade" button.

Next, hit the "Make this work now" button. The same list of names that came in the e-mail will appear now.

Click on the player you want to trade.

This will active the "Complete Trade" button. Press it, the trade goes through.

This always works for me, and has been this way since the dawn of the suggest a player era.
You most certainly do not get the same exact list of players as the email. The players from the email might be in that list but they aren't the only ones. Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen times where some of the players from the email are not on that list but I can't confirm.