Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 08-09-2017, 11:23 PM   #1
Ike348
All Star Starter

Alphabet Baseball Conference—from the Austin Aces to Zanesville Zips

I tried to start this up a few years back, but I eventually lost interest. Inspired by this Football Manager post, I decided to roll with something a little different. Instead of a flat-out historical sim, this project will use modern-day players. Player development will be turned on (although injuries/suspensions kept off). AI teams will be allowed to adjust their rosters at will.

A little background first:

Teams are based on each player's name. The Austin Aces get Altuve and Arenado, the Zanesville Zips get Zimmermann and Zimmerman. Every single player from the MLB quickstart (except future draftees) is thrown into the pool, so that means we'll get established major league stars thrown alongside independent leaguers and maybe even some international complex guys. There are 25 teams (no X), and each team will play every other team 8 times for a total of 192 games. Divisions are split just running down the alphabet: ABCDE/FGHIJ/KLMNO/PQRST/UVWYZ. Five division winners and three wild cards will compete for the championship every year.

I'll start with a little background on each team before going year-by-year into the sim.

A note before we begin:

Any player nationalities you see in this screenshot are completely wrong. They are just a workaround used so that each team can have access to its own players, and only its own players, without having hundreds and thousands of players in their organization, which just isn't feasible in OOTP.

I don't know how often I'll post here, but I'll give it a shot. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.

Last edited by Ike348; 08-09-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
Ike348
All Star Starter

Austin Aces

The Austin Aces are the first team in the new Alphabet Baseball Conference. With a pool of 798 players, they'll be able to survive for more than just a few years. Jose Altuve, Nolan Arenado, and Jose Abreu lead a young lineup—only Nori Aoki, 34, is above 30. Look Yonder Alonso and Arismendy "I was traded stright-up for Chris Coghlan" Alcantara provide decent depth off the bench. Jake Arrieta is certainly a good fit for his uniform, with Chris Archer not too far behind. However, the rest of the staff leaves a lot to be desired, with Brett and Tyler Anderson's only valuable traits being which arm they throw with. Ryo Akiyoshi out of Japan will help set up Cody Allen.

My take:

This team is probably the best out of the vowels, but that's not saying much. Their youth might lead them to do a little bit better as the old stars of other teams start declining as the years go by. Maybe a couple playoff appearances here and there, but not much more.

Quote:
Old 08-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #3
Ike348
All Star Starter

Baltimore Bullets

There's no other way to start this preview by mentioning that the AI has Homer Bailey as the ace of this rotation, followed by Trevor Bauer before Madison Bumgarner follows up. The back end consists of two players who can't seem to figure out whether they're good or whether they suck, Dylan Bundy and Archie Bradley. The bullpen looks to be tough to beat, with Dellin Betances and Zach Britton, both of whom will probably get to pitch in lots of tie games. Boston's "Killer Bs" won't initially have much of an impact, with just Mookie Betts starting and Xander Bogaerts backing up Alex Bregman. Despite lots of older talent on this team, like Ryan Braun, Adrian Beltre, and Jose Bautista, they do have the youth to last a while, with Bregman, Betts, Kris Bryant all on hand now, with Andrew Benintend and Cody Bellinger waiting in the wings. And yes, MLB-scrub turned ***-star Wladimir Balentien does make the bench.

My take:

The Bullets have what it takes to win now and in the future. Like with the Aces, their strong division doesn't do them any favors, but they should be a perennial playoff team, with a few division titles and maybe even a championship or two by the time all is said and done.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #4
Ike348
All Star Starter

Chicago Cubs

Jersey from MLB Quickstart

Carlos Correa. Robinson Cano. Miguel Cabrera. Get those guys out? Great. Now you have Nelson Cruz, Matt Carpenter, and Yoenis Cespedes. Upon first glance, the Cubs may not wow you, but take a look at their lineup and they look like an immediate contender. Carlos Carrasco, Johnny Cueto, Gerrit Cole, Alex Cobb, and Wei-Yin Chen make up the rotation from top to bottom, but any other order would do just as well. The bullpen doesn't offer much outside of Aroldis Chapman and Alex Colome, but it probably won't be called upon too much.

My take:

The Cubs should be in immediate championship contention. Although they don't look to have any true stellar prospects, they do have the third-largest player pool at 1302, meaning that they should be around for a while. A couple championships and consistent playoff appearances for this team.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

This is AWESOME!!!
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #6
Ike348
All Star Starter

Dallas Drillers

jersey from MLB quickstart

The Drillers are a case of extremes. Their lineup is filled with big boppers who can't do much else, with Chris and Khris Davis along with Brian Dozier and to a lesser extent Josh Donaldson. On the other hand, speed demons Jarrod Dyson, Rajai Davis, and Delino DeShields, Jr. roam the outfield. David Dahl and Aledmys Diaz, two players who can't decide whether they were just lucky rookies or actually good players, tie the lineup together. The rotation is led by perennial all-stars Jacob deGrom and Yu Darvish, with perennial scrubs Scott Diamond and Jorge de la Rosa backing them up. The bullpen looks to be a strength, with fireballers Wade Davis and Edwin Diaz always looking to finish the job. Yusniel and Isan will have to wait to join Edwin, Aledmys, and Elias as the fourth and fifth Diazes.

My take:

It will be interesting how this combination of totally different types of players will fare. If Davis and Davis struggle to drive in runs, it could be a long few seasons for the Drillers. Expect this team to finish around .500 every year, with maybe one or two playoff appearances thrown in.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #7
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPedro99 View Post
This is AWESOME!!!
Good to hear. Thanks!

Quote:
Old 08-11-2017, 03:44 AM   #8
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Interesting, I like the idea. Somehow I see lots of championships for S's, T's, and vowels and not many for Z's, Q's, and Y's.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:48 AM   #9
kjb023
Major Leagues

Very cool!
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #10
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
Interesting, I like the idea. Somehow I see lots of championships for S's, T's, and vowels and not many for Z's, Q's, and Y's.
Vowels actually aren't all that good. You'll see when I do the teams, but most of them just don't have that many players to pick from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb023 View Post
Very cool!
Thanks!

Quote:

Last edited by Ike348; 08-29-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:54 PM   #11
Ike348
All Star Starter

The Energy have Phillies pitchers Jerad Eickhoff and Zach Eflin on their staff, which serves to emphasize the fact that they aren't very good. The rest of the staff is filled with players whom you always think are supposed to be good, like Marco Estrada, Nathan Eovaldi (remember that one good start he had that one time?), and reliever Josh Edgin. Noelvis Entenza and his career 4.11 ERA in the Cuban National Series provide some intrigue. Edwin Encarnacion provides some power to a pretty weak lineup. He's followed by Andre "I didn't know he was still playing" Ethier, and A.J. Ellis, of the same nickname. The rest of the infield is dominated by Escobars, with Yunel, Alcides, and Eduardo roaming the left side. Jacoby Ellsbury, first bat off the bench, provides some surprising depth.

My take:

This team isn't going anywhere. They're not complete garbage, unlike some teams we'll see later on, but I'll be surprised if this team plays anywhere near .500 ball. The competition in their division will make avoiding the cellar very hard to do. It will be a rough few years for the Energy.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2017, 11:54 PM   #12
Ike348
All Star Starter

Sorry for the delay guys... been busy with other stuff. I'll try to get through the previews soon and then we can move on to the real fun!

Quote:
Old 08-30-2017, 12:11 AM   #13
Ike348
All Star Starter

On first thought, the Fire might look to be a decent team. Once you actually put the team on paper, however, it's a different story. The fire have one of the better first basemen in baseball, Freddie Freeman, and a pretty good closer in Jeurys Familia, but there's not much depth beyond that. Michael Fulmer and Scott Feldman lead the rotation, which probably means that Familia won't be getting much action. Freeman leads a distinctly average lineup—a lineup that sees Wilmer Flores bat second and Maikel Franco bat fourth. Longtime Cuban Series star Yoelvis Fiss will provide veteran leadership and man right field, but he doesn't have many years left before he retires and gives up his spot to an even older Kosuke Fukudome. Clint Frazier is the future for the Fire, but their outfield is in such bad shape that he's already needed in left.

My take:

The Fire will need to rely on their young staff if they are to make any noice in the ABC. The offense looks like it won't cut it, and there's not much potential outside the 25-man roster. The Fire could certainly make the few times, but are they one of the 8 best teams in the ABC? No way.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #14
RMc
All Star Starter

I can't wait for the championship series between the Quincy Quakers and the Xenia Xolos!