Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:15 PM   #1
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Too Many Homeruns!!!!

I am in year 2031 of my MLB game, and there's a player who has hit an astounding 93 homeruns in a single season! Now I'm all for breaking records, but this is ridiculous!

I had been concerned about the number of players who were hitting over 55+ homeruns in prior season.

I am using 2018 for my league totals and modifiers. League structure is 32 teams (expanded by 2 teams in 2025), schedule is 162 games,

I am so annoyed at the video game like homerun numbers that I am about to restart the league over again with a different set of modifiers!

Question: What would you guys do? Restart or just ignore the 93 homeruns and move on?
Attached Images
Image Image 
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:36 PM   #2
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

93 HRs is ridiculous. I'd set my modifiers to the early 90s, that's where I have mine. The top HR hitter might hit 49-52 in a season in my universe.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:44 PM   #3
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
93 HRs is ridiculous. I'd set my modifiers to the early 90s, that's where I have mine. The top HR hitter might hit 49-52 in a season in my universe.

Is there a specific year that you use? Also do you leave "Automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" checked?
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2020, 08:04 PM   #4
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Is there a specific year that you use? Also do you leave "Automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" checked?

I use 1990 or 91, not sure what I set it at when I began this universe. I leave that box unchecked, although I probably shouldn't.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:40 PM   #5
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I am in year 2031 of my MLB game, and there's a player who has hit an astounding 93 homeruns in a single season! Now I'm all for breaking records, but this is ridiculous!

I had been concerned about the number of players who were hitting over 55+ homeruns in prior season.

I am using 2018 for my league totals and modifiers. League structure is 32 teams (expanded by 2 teams in 2025), schedule is 162 games,

I am so annoyed at the video game like homerun numbers that I am about to restart the league over again with a different set of modifiers!

Question: What would you guys do? Restart or just ignore the 93 homeruns and move on?
Did you switch to v21 recently? I've been running it for the last two seasons of my MLB league, and home run and strikeout numbers have shot up, even for this era. I've never set modifiers for a particular year, but am thinking about doing it now. (FYI, I started in v15, so 2014 was my first season.) I think I read somewhere that there's an issue with v21 that players with very high power ratings will generate unusual amounts of HR, and likewise for high-stuff pitchers and too many Ks.

Also, that box is checked in my game. I think v21 defaults to it being checked, but I'm not certain.

Oh, and if you're attached to this particular game, I'd just keep going and say that the balls were juiced. something like that.

Last edited by Bub13; 08-31-2020 at 08:43 PM.
Bub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:49 PM   #6
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Just another note about '90-'92 as modifiers, I think that time period has a nice balance. The elite starting pitchers will give you 230-240 IP in a season, but the bullpen is still important. Top relievers with great stuff will be at the 13-14K/9 range if not better, top strike out starters can get into the 10s. So the great stuff guys get their Ks, but the numbers aren't off the charts. Sluggers with high K rates will still strike out 150-180 times in a season instead of being well up into the 200s.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #7
Thomidor
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well it could be worse. I just started a 60 game season and have played 5 games in it now..... In all five games my opponents have scored EVERY RUN by Homerun. It is absolutely ridiculous the rate at which Homeruns go out for my opponents while my team sits mired with 3.
Thomidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #8
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

OOTP is accurately predicting the future!!!!
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:44 PM   #9
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
OOTP is accurately predicting the future!!!!
True, but homeruns and strikeouts make for boring baseball.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:48 PM   #10
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Its been a long time in the making. People denied it was happening. Its past the point of no return.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #11
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The consensus around here, I think, is that you should also run the auto calc modifiers every season just before it starts.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:29 AM   #12
lencombs
All Star Reserve

Quote:

His ratings seem pretty high 100 contact and HR power, did you edit him? I notice he is still on arbitration salary. Think I would lock him down to a long term deal if could.

lencombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:40 AM   #13
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencombs View Post
His ratings seem pretty high 100 contact and HR power, did you edit him? I notice he is still on arbitration salary. Think I would lock him down to a long term deal if could.

No, I didn’t edit him. I may edit a player name occasionally, but don’t edit player ratings. I try to keep it as realistic as possible. He’s not on the team that I manage. Would love to get him.

But the 93 homeruns are too insane for me. I may restore a backup I have that goes back to my expansion year 2025 and use 2015 modifiers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-02-2020, 02:46 AM   #14
ExeR
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
As lencombs said nothing ridiculous. By his avg you can tell he is 200+ Contact & 250 Power (250 max in editor). This is supposed to be rare combination that is there to create GOATs.
Your problem with "rare" might be Int. Agents (which this player is). They're OP, you can read threads on this subject. I also went through problems with Int FA & had to adjust save. Go to game settings and reduce numbers of FAs & coefficients for Cuban/Japanese leagues. I've restarted w/o them at all, but low number will fix most of the problems.
ExeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:37 AM   #15
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

Damn, 93 home runs is ridiculous. I just finished a season in which two players hit over 60 and three more had at least 55. I'm ten years into a save that started in OotP18 and I'm thinking about starting over because of it, but those numbers are paltry compared to 93.
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #16
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmann View Post
Damn, 93 home runs is ridiculous. I just finished a season in which two players hit over 60 and three more had at least 55. I'm ten years into a save that started in OotP18 and I'm thinking about starting over because of it, but those numbers are paltry compared to 93.
Yeah, I'm going to go back and restore a previous game save and play with 2015 league totals/modifiers.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #17
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Yes the stats like BA and HR’s tend to get out of hand the longer you go without manually hitting the auto calc button. Opening day is the best time to do so.

The game automatically does it (if selected) in I think January or February but that’s far removed from what the actual rosters will look like.

Longest I went without hitting auto calc was 10 years and I seen a guy hit 77 HR. Highest BA was .417

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 09-02-2020 at 01:34 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:38 PM   #18
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I discovered that this is affecting my league, which I just imported into 21 prior to the start of the new season (2040). Just 52 games into the season, I have a hitter in the NL with 26 homers. Is there anything I can do mid-season to slow this a bit? Can I set the modifiers to 1990 (or any year I choose) mid-season without completely ruining my league?
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:18 PM   #19
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I discovered that this is affecting my league, which I just imported into 21 prior to the start of the new season (2040). Just 52 games into the season, I have a hitter in the NL with 26 homers. Is there anything I can do mid-season to slow this a bit? Can I set the modifiers to 1990 (or any year I choose) mid-season without completely ruining my league?

Not during the season, only in preseason.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:21 PM   #20
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
Not during the season, only in preseason.
Thanks
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote