Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:47 PM   #61
thehef
Hall Of Famer

This topic itself could be a separate thread... not the time or place for detail, but just in general: I'd like to see some flexibility and simplicity added in how we can access and utilize historical minor-leaguers and historical minor-league structures, perhaps introducing some non-historical options in order to simplify. So much awesome work has been done by devs and gamer-contributors, but it gets unwieldy, partially due to the unwiedliness of real-life minor leagues around the middle of the last century. And I suspect because of this unwieldiness, historical minor leaguers/leagues are under-utilized by OOTP gamers.

Just as one example of something that would be, IMO, a cool way to be able to setup a game:

- historical majors
- easy importing of historical minor-leaguers, either a) to their historically correct MLB organization, indy team, or as free agents, depending upon where they were in real life
- a basic minor-league structure that includes historical elements, but is much simpler (variations could be created by the community): the keys would be fewer levels, more stability.

(The might actually be possible now - dunno, but if so I believe it would involve a lot of continual manual workarounds.)

This is not at all to suggest that ongoing efforts to make historically accurate minor leagues work better should be abandoned. Only that if we also have other options, more gamers might use historical minor leagues.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 01:43 AM   #62
BaseballNewsNow
Minors (Double A)

The key to me for managing the games and obviously seeing the on-field inaccuracies is to just think that it is an inaccuracy. In other words, forgive the game and move on. It can get annoying at times and my hand gets sore from all of the tables that I punch (kidding of course), but just know that they've made significant progress with the game.
BaseballNewsNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #63
brian_msbc
Minors (Single A)

I would like to see them add sound and commentary to the live games.
brian_msbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #64
kriscolic
Minors (Double A)

The single biggest improvement I'd like from the next version is realistic AI trading. Conceptually this shouldn't be terribly hard to implement. Admittedly I am not a programmer, so perhaps there are technical issues that I'm not aware of.

Close second would be a re-thinking of pitcher stamina. Relievers should be stretch-out-able; starters moved to bullpen shouldn't maintain high stamina indefinitely. Stamina should be dynamic, based on actual usage.
kriscolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:54 PM   #65
clarkemi1
Minors (Single A)

Two things I'd like:

Manager gets tossed and maybe suspended then the bench coach takes over the team for a stretch.

Realistic pitch selection in one-pitch mode. I could call for fastballs, curves, knucklers, whatever instead of just "normal", "contact" "hold" or "pitch around"
clarkemi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:58 AM   #66
Tony820
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriscolic View Post
The single biggest improvement I'd like from the next version is realistic AI trading. Conceptually this shouldn't be terribly hard to implement. Admittedly I am not a programmer, so perhaps there are technical issues that I'm not aware of.

Close second would be a re-thinking of pitcher stamina. Relievers should be stretch-out-able; starters moved to bullpen shouldn't maintain high stamina indefinitely. Stamina should be dynamic, based on actual usage.
To add to this, I think we’re missing some real-world situations that wouldn’t be that hard to work into the game.

You should be able to set long term goals for the player. Let’s say you have a reliever that you want to turn into a SP, he’s a 23 year old with 35 stamina. If your goal was to try him as a starter, that should be something you should be able to tell the AI you’re looking to do, and to play him accordingly. Additionally, it would a really nice addition to storylines where your manager/scout/assistant GM emails you and says “Listen, this guy is only ever going to reach 50 stamina as a starter, do you still want to try this? We feel he should stay in the bullpen.” Then you have to make that choice.

The point is, more daily conversation with your coaching and front office staff would be welcome and really make it feel more real.
Tony820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:53 AM   #67
Bobbyraz49
All Star Reserve

I'd like to see OOTPBB22 create a better season schedule. I play as the LAA and play the same NL teams every year.
Love this sim and these forums !
Bobbyraz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 01:47 PM   #68
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
I just saw a 1-6-3 for the very first time yesterday. Yes...It was my team hitting when that happened.

I haven't seen a 3-6-3 yet. One of my favorite animations is when there is a runner on first base and the pitcher tries to pick him off. Sometimes the runner will belly flop onto the ground right where he was standing and even though there is no momentum whatsoever, he then slides to first...I laugh every time I see that.
3-6-3 double plays happen... have seen it.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #69
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
3-6-3 double plays happen... have seen it.
I've seen it since that post. In fact, I've seen it a few times now. It's a great animation. I've seen a few different animations for the first time over the past couple of weeks. If the developers are ever able to figure out every kink in the process and we end up with 99% perfect animations - that will be so awesome.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:26 PM   #70
stlcardinals19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A Ratings Freezer in Commissioner Mode
stlcardinals19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:12 PM   #71
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

getting the minor leagues to fill rosters better.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:32 PM   #72
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

For me it's easy.

AI (as always)

3D improvements (player models, animations, and stadiums).

More in-game sounds.

-Cal
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:54 AM   #73
gamefan1978
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
Yes, i've seen a lot of strange foul balls being caught now. Like, the ball bends at an unnatural angle and somehow a fielder speeds over to catch it. I can't remember seeing a foul ball that wasn't caught.
Yeah foul balls have taken really weird angle to first or third base side with the fielder sliding to catch the ball. I really want the animations cleaned up and some logic work done like 3rd baseman stepping on 3rd base vs throwing to first.
gamefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:12 PM   #74
Bobbyraz49
All Star Reserve

Finally after 6 seasons I witnessed my 3B step on third and throw to first.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #75
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefan1978 View Post
Yeah foul balls have taken really weird angle to first or third base side with the fielder sliding to catch the ball. I really want the animations cleaned up and some logic work done like 3rd baseman stepping on 3rd base vs throwing to first.
I believe this will be addressed in the next patch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2020, 12:47 AM   #76
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkemi1 View Post
Two things I'd like:

Realistic pitch selection in one-pitch mode. I could call for fastballs, curves, knucklers, whatever instead of just "normal", "contact" "hold" or "pitch around"
I think that might be pretty cool... I love data so much. I suppose we all do since we are playing a data/statistics driven baseball sim.

I was thinking, it might be really cool if after we press 1 or 3 when pitching we could then press up, down, left or right arrow on our keyboards. That would represent where we are asking for the pitch to go...just like if we were catchers.
Of course, it wouldn't always go where we ask and it wouldn't have to always mean we threw a fat pitch that gets hammered when our pitchers miss the location. It would just be another layer of control that could be turned on or off. You'd only have around 1-1.5s to press an arrow key after you pressed 1 or 3 to pitch the ball, so games don't get much longer at all.

I think that would be really cool because then there would be a reason for OOTP to keep batter heatmaps!! Something like these...

Individual pitcher data would result as well. Something like this would be awesome.

Even if OOTP didn't track & map every pitch type like the example above, we would still see where the pitcher's strengths and weaknesses are. Information that would be useful if the idea I posted about directional arrows was implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyraz49 View Post
Finally after 6 seasons I witnessed my 3B step on third and throw to first.
Really? Sweet!! That's really good to know that it does happen. I'll probably see it happen 3 times in the next 2 games I play. LOL
Old 09-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #77
Bobbyraz49
All Star Reserve

Do teams ask/tell their hometown city the need/want a new stadium?
Do I have to prompt certain teams to relocate ?
Old 09-22-2020, 03:32 PM   #78
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Just like in COVID baseball world now, I'd like to see little cutouts pics of all the forum members in the stands. LOL
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #79
Bobbyraz49
All Star Reserve

An issue that I have noticed regarding to a catcher when a base runner steals 2B. My catcher seems like he drops or can't handle the pitch when someone attempts a stolen base. The catcher has very good defensive rating and an arm of 70.
Thanks all.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:54 PM   #80
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
I've seen it since that post. In fact, I've seen it a few times now. It's a great animation. I've seen a few different animations for the first time over the past couple of weeks. If the developers are ever able to figure out every kink in the process and we end up with 99% perfect animations - that will be so awesome.
Have you seen this one? Got it today!
Attached Images

Current dynasties: Fallout 4's Commonwealth Baseball Organization

Completed dynasty: Fallout: New Vegas' Mojave Baseball League

Uniforms: My custom uniforms
StLee is online now   Reply With Quote