Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:03 PM   #81
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagtastic View Post
i appreciate it... but am not filled with confidence. if i had been able to do that consistently this season, i wouldn't have been in the WC game.

not even much left to tinker with. opponents ahead pretty much dictate sticking with my lefty platoon pitching staff, though i'm really not sure it'll make much of a difference against that bermuda triangle team, they are just silly.

i feel like you'd have had a better chance at seeing this thing through.
Not so fast, my friend...Zags win the crucial game 5 against the Hong Kong Tiger to take a 3-2 Sub-League Series lead. Come on, Bulldogs!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #82
Orion
Major Leagues

As expected, Ann Arbor is proving to be a tough opponent. Guardians dropped game 2 in a somewhat frustrating 13 inning game where we had our chances and couldn't convert. Game 3 was the Ed Walsh show as we were shutout 2-0. After him, the guys were happy to see 96 Greinke in Game 4 and jumped all over Zack.
Attached Images

Last edited by Orion; 02-16-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:05 PM   #83
zagtastic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Not so fast, my friend...Zags win the crucial game 5 against the Hong Kong Tiger to take a 3-2 Sub-League Series lead. Come on, Bulldogs!
haha, yeah. i mean, they're no plucky underdog, generally-- but my zags definitely didn't find the kind of consistency your team did this season. i feel like they should beat hk tiger, (who is a fine team in their own right)... but if i'm to have a chance against BT, my team will need to play more like they did vs the red raiders than they did in the other 140ish games

and, as i type this, hkt wins 9-5 to send us to a decisive game 7. gonna be a long 30 minutes. his koufax (on fire, shut us out earlier in series) vs. my newhouser, who has been the poster boy (if not necessarily primary culprit) of the team's inconsistencies. they shelled him for 11 hits and 7 runs (5 earned) in 4.2 innings in game 3. le sigh.

eta: on second thought, i've decided to bring hoyt out of the bullpen to start this one. this may be the bad kind of meddling; hk's righty/lefty splits aren't huge but favor playing the lefty-- but i just don't trust newhouser right now.

Last edited by zagtastic; 02-16-2020 at 08:13 PM.
zagtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:08 PM   #84
Orion
Major Leagues

On to game 7, epic series so far. He has the World's Greatest Outfield (Andrew Jones CF, 99 RIcky Henderson LF, Amos Otis 91 RF) which has been kryptonite to my team. That and Smokey Joe Wood is totally dealing, 2-0 with 3 runs allowed. They have successfully put their keep it close plan into action, now I have to see Ed Walsh again, I really hoped we would close it out in game 6, but we couldn't score and gave them an unearned run for insurance. Despite scoring over double the runs in the series, 24-11, we are in big trouble here. Pedro Martinez vs Ed Walsh at home, winner gets not only the pennant but what is probably an easy series against Thundarr.

Old 02-16-2020, 09:13 PM   #85
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Bring it, Bulldogs!
DO NOT TELL A TEAM NAMED BULLDOGS TO BRING IT ON IN THE FUTURE NO MATTER HOW PREPARED & CONFIDENT YOU FEEL

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:17 PM   #86
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
This was a nice effort. My poor opponent burned through about everybody on the hill......
Well, you burned through them...but after you did a nice job with their pitchers, (3) it was softball with the rest (7).

Old 02-16-2020, 09:21 PM   #87
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
On to game 7, epic series so far. He has the World's Greatest Outfield (Andrew Jones CF, 99 RIcky Henderson LF, Amos Otis 91 RF) which has been kryptonite to my team. That and Smokey Joe Wood is totally dealing, 2-0 with 3 runs allowed. They have successfully put their keep it close plan into action, now I have to see Ed Walsh again, I really hoped we would close it out in game 6, but we couldn't score and gave them an unearned run for insurance. Despite scoring over double the runs in the series, 24-11, we are in big trouble here. Pedro Martinez vs Ed Walsh at home, winner gets not only the pennant but what is probably an easy series against Thundarr.

Watched game 7 live...we got super aggressive on the basepads (attempted 3 steals, thrown out 2x) against Walsh, not my doing but it was the winning move! Took the lead after Collins stole 2nd and scored on a single by Ashburn to lead 1-0 after three, Then in the 4th, Shoeless Joe took off on a hit and run and Chipper Jones lashed one into right, runners on 1st and 3rd. Cochrane doubled to drive in one, then Jones scored from 3rd base on a sac fly. 3 runs would be enough for Pedro and we held off a late rally to win 5-1! Running against Walsh seems like a good plan if you have the ponies for it. Of course, most smart Walsh owners have an elite catcher handy.
Attached Images

Last edited by Orion; 02-16-2020 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:21 PM   #88
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
As nice as they can be, there are many times I wish I did not have a cell phone, I miss the ability to be 'unavailable'.
God, can you imagine not having one. It's bizarre. I don't even know why I don't have one & every-everybody else does.

Old 02-16-2020, 09:26 PM   #89
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Goes without saying that my 108 win team nearly blew the DS and had to come from 2-0 down, while my 86 win wildcard team comfortably beat the team who won the division 3-1
rubbish

Old 02-16-2020, 09:29 PM   #90
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
God, can you imagine not having one. It's bizarre. I don't even know why I don't have one & every-everybody else does.

I had to get one as I work in IT. No one took me seriously without one.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:04 PM   #91
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
DO NOT TELL A TEAM NAMED BULLDOGS TO BRING IT ON IN THE FUTURE NO MATTER HOW PREPARED & CONFIDENT YOU FEEL

NOW you tell me!

Also, Gonzaga did indeed make it to the P438 Perfect League Series and is currently tied 1-1 with the Bermuda Triangle. Here's hoping they don't get lost in the fog...

Old 02-16-2020, 10:18 PM   #92
daves
Hall Of Famer

Good and Bad

it's the Good and bad for my teams on the playoff run this season(week).

The Good: The Doubledays managed to fight off the Fighting Ahabs twice! Once narrowly escaping with the division and secondly in the NCS championship series. Currently the Doubledays are up 3-0 in the Series against the Defenders.

The Bad: The Owlz played well in the regular season and into the playoffs as they beat the Vikings to represent the NC in the World Series. Only to meet the 18 time Perfect champion Carnivores. Once again the Owlz appear to be falling short of that Perfect crown, down 3-0.
Attached Images
Image Image 

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:23 PM   #93
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Another Triple Crown for Cy

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:04 AM   #94
trman73
Minors (Triple A)

Well after 35 seasons in Perfect, 30 playoff appearances, and four trips to the Perfect League Series (including three Game 7 losses), the Fort Worth Frogs are finally champions!

And it took a 13-inning game to do it. We went into the bottom of the 9th down 3-0 after a masterful game from Pedro, then scored three off Trevor Hoffman to tie it, taking it to extras, where Turkey Stearns hit a two-run double off Nolan Ryan to put us up. The typically shaky Bill Walker, our sixth pitcher of the day, closed the door in the 13th.

Woo hoo!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by trman73; 02-17-2020 at 01:08 AM.
trman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:19 AM   #95
zagtastic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
NOW you tell me!

Also, Gonzaga did indeed make it to the P438 Perfect League Series and is currently tied 1-1 with the Bermuda Triangle. Here's hoping they don't get lost in the fog...
got back after dinner and putting the kid down to find that i'm tied 3-3 with BT. looks like i was up 3-1 at one point, but they've battled back to force the rubber match. game 7, their place, my waddell vs his hoyt for all the marbles. i'll get back to you all in like 30 mins
Old 02-17-2020, 01:57 AM   #96
zagtastic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

zags took game 7, 4-3. yelich took potg, great bat at rf, and mvp. waddell didn't get the win (keefe did), but pitched 5 solid innings of 2-run ball and won pitcher of the year. was a fun week/year with great competition. hoping to see the red raiders in a league again sometime, just hopefully a different division!

Last edited by zagtastic; 02-17-2020 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:02 AM   #97
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagtastic View Post
zags took game 7, 4-3. yelich took potg, great bat at rf, and mvp. waddell didn't get the win (keefe did), but pitched 5 solid innings of 2-run ball and won pitcher of the year. was a fun week/year with great competition. hoping to see the red raiders in a league again sometime, just hopefully a different division!
Congrats to your Bulldogs on a well-deserved title! Hope we cross paths again!

Old 02-17-2020, 03:54 AM   #98
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs had a nice little time in P480 this week.

Numerous team records were set, most in the forefront of those: wins (134), run differential (+653), runs scored (1137), and achievement PP (49K).

The team carried its division by a whopping 55 games, rolled over the Burlington Bunnies (80-82) in 4 games, dismantled the San Antonio Silver Sluggers (113-49) in 6 games, and flattened the Galveston Ghostly Crustaceans (112-50) in a 4-game sweep. Twas the first time, out of 11 PL medallions won, in which the Frogs have swept the final series. Our long national nightmare is over! Another medallion has been won after going a couple of weeks without.

100 Norm Cash would seem to be a good luck charm for the team. His being benched/played has correlated with the Frogs winning/not winning a medallion over the previous several seasons. This week shined a spotlight on the trend as Cash won league MVP (.345/.467/.581, 26 HR 109 RBI) as the primary first baseman.

Perhaps even more impressive than Cash's MVP is the fact that every starting position player (save for Ozzie Smith at SS) won the Great Bat award. Zack Wheat (RF), Richie Ashburn (CF), Barry Bonds (LF), Luke Appling (3B), Eddie Collins (2B), Norm Cash (1B), and Mickey Cochrane (C) were all so honored. Fittingly, Ozzie won the Great Glove award to make up for his lack of hardware with the lumber. Even Cap Anson, the primary DH, had a stellar rookie season (.298/.383/.467, 19 HR, 29 SB, 4.5 WAR) despite not receiving any accolades for his work. Anson played in all 162 games and led the conference in PA (780), AB (661), R (134), H (197), and RBI (129).

Other Frogs leading the league in something? Eddie Collins (7.0 batting WAR); Zack Wheat (.355 AVG, .594 SLG); Norm Cash (.467 OBP, 1.048 OPS); Pedro Martinez (29 W). Martinez actually just missed his chance to become the franchise's 1st 30-game winner. He allowed an unearned run on his own error and then watched the bullpen blow a 2-1 lead before the squad regained the lead after Martinez had been yanked. D'oh.

Let's get out there again next week and see if we can get #12.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:01 AM   #99
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trman73 View Post
Well after 35 seasons in Perfect, 30 playoff appearances, and four trips to the Perfect League Series (including three Game 7 losses), the Fort Worth Frogs are finally champions!

And it took a 13-inning game to do it. We went into the bottom of the 9th down 3-0 after a masterful game from Pedro, then scored three off Trevor Hoffman to tie it, taking it to extras, where Turkey Stearns hit a two-run double off Nolan Ryan to put us up. The typically shaky Bill Walker, our sixth pitcher of the day, closed the door in the 13th.

Woo hoo!!!!!!!
Congrats frog brother.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:43 AM   #100
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Was a bit low-key on the game for a few weeks; nothing major has changed. The Critters still make the playoffs almost every season and never get particularly far (this week to the LDS via the wild card), the Rebs are ho-hum in Diamond (83-79? Hard to check from the office...), and the 101-win Accountants won their Diamond League after being relegated from Perfect with the 27th-best record the week prior.

But I snatched a 1985 Dwight Gooden for KC last night to shore up that rotation. They're totally gonna win Perfect now! Totally!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote