Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

"Problem Handling" Deactivation of Cards

I'm noticing today that the game won't let me deactivate cards sometimes. I get a warning saying that there was "a problem handling" the move similar to what you get when you try to bulk demote players and one of them is out of minor league option years or something in the main game. In one of my games, my active roster is under 25 so I figured there was a requirement that the active+reserve total be 25 or greater. In my other game, though, my active roster is full and it still won't let me empty my reserve roster. I now have two Iron cards that are just sitting there. Can't deactivate, sell, or auction.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
sharkybc
Bat Boy

Having the same problem in one of my leagues, but not the other. If I go to sell cards about half of them have nothing where "Sell Card for _" and "Offer Card in Auction" should be
Old 12-10-2018, 09:58 PM   #3
mike2228
Major Leagues

You can get around that by going to manage cards under the "Main" drop down list.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #4
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

You are supposed to have a minimum of 30 players.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #5
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
You are supposed to have a minimum of 30 players.

If true, it's not working correctly. I currently have 26 cards.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:24 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

You need at least 10 pitchers and 15 position players activated. If you try to deactivate / sell below that the game will not allow it as it would mean your roster is not properly set which is a violation of the rules.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:24 AM   #7
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You need at least 10 pitchers and 15 position players activated. If you try to deactivate / sell below that the game will not allow it as it would mean your roster is not properly set which is a violation of the rules.

I currently have 26 cards, with 12 being pitchers and 14 position players. The game let me sell off some position players bringing my total down to 14 (and at that point, I had 11 pitchers) so if that's not allowed, something went wrong.

Where are these rules stated, by the way? I guess I should know this, but since I don't, I imagine there are quite a few others who don't so shouldn't this be somewhere more visible? What about a menu option linking to the rules?
Old 12-11-2018, 05:13 AM   #8
Kushiel
All Star Starter

This just started. It happened to me yesterday. I was told in the bug thread that I need 15 pitchers and 15 positional. It has not always been this way although that is what I was told in so many words. I also asked why I never read anything like this and that I have been selling down to 25 all though Beta and the first 2 weeks of live. Then I was told that they will make it known. I think it was just a bug started with this patch. But if this the rule I can live with it. It just should have been published.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:27 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
This just started. It happened to me yesterday. I was told in the bug thread that I need 15 pitchers and 15 positional. It has not always been this way although that is what I was told in so many words. I also asked why I never read anything like this and that I have been selling down to 25 all though Beta and the first 2 weeks of live. Then I was told that they will make it known. I think it was just a bug started with this patch. But if this the rule I can live with it. It just should have been published.
The latest version (19.11.124) has this stated in the roster management screen, where it lists the rules. Prior to this version the requirements were different and not properly enforced.
Closed Thread