Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
jsherdc
Bat Boy

Trading, Expansion, Strategy, etc

I have noticed the following flaws:
a. the valuation engine seems to characterize 1'st round draft picks as either "high picks" or not. A pick is considered a high pick if the team is currently in the bottom 10 in the league, even if we are trading for a future pick. You can trade up from 30 to 11 by throwing in any crappy player or asset. But trading from 11 to 10 is just about impossible.

I currently have acquired all the future first round picks of the teams in the 11-15 range, hoping some of them will be very valuable (and many of the second round picks of the worst teams). And I was able to get these very cheaply. It would be nice if there is a more continuous scale where 11'th is more valuable than 12'th which is more valuable than 13'th etc. And similarly, I should be able to trade up from 4 to 6 without mortgaging my entire team.

b. The expansion draft does not follow the rules of 1 player selected from each team. This is annoying and there seems to be no work around. (At least this was true playing a historical game, I have not tried expansion starting from the present.)

c. I just signed a restricted free agent was required to give 1'st and 3rd round compensation from the following years draft. Technically the exact compensation should depend on how much I sign the player for... But the bigger flaw was I signed a player after previously trading the following year's 1st and 3rd round picks. But the free agent signing went through, and the other team got the draft picks, and the team I had previously traded the draft picks to lost the draft picks.

d. When playing a game, you are supposed to change strategy of some of your players to get more reds and yellows (I think!). It would be nice to be able to have a button on that screen to save these sets of strategies. Its very annoying when playing a playoff series to have to make all the same changes over and over. Furthermore, I think that which strategy gives you which options for the red and yellow strategies is a function of the general system played by the opponent. It would be nice to then have a screen when you can set up your strategy against each opposing system. This way you can set up your strategy and then just simulate the season (or week or month or whatever) or at least until an injury occurs.
jsherdc is offline   Reply With Quote