Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #1
irongoalie
Bat Boy

Didn't accept renewal offer and now no teams available

I foolishly did not accept my teams renewal offer as the salary was low (I know it doesn't matter, but I wanted more money), and now there are no GM/Coaching jobs available. I ran a whole season and sat on the sidelines, but there are still no jobs available. Any suggestions so I don't waste 4 seasons?
irongoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Offseasons are your most likely prospect, there'll be more GM turnover then - retirements in addition to firings. In-season firings happen, but there aren't anywhere near as many. But the actual number of open jobs can vary considerably from year-to-year - it's very possible to hit a stretch when there isn't much hiring happening. You do have a slight advantage over AI candidates for the jobs, though, so you will get offers eventually.

Make sure you have "Exit Auto Play When you receiver a personal message" box checked (Manager Options screen) or you may miss a job offer.

If your reputation was extremely high (i.e. top of the NHL), you may have a longer wait, since lower-level teams won't make an offer to staff who are far beyond their reputation level - you'll have to wait for higher-level jobs to come open.

(And, if you're not in Path to Glory mode, there's always the cheating option - turn commissioner mode on and you can take over whichever team you want.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
metzeger
Bat Boy

Had the same issue. I ended up running a QMJHL team after sitting out a year waiting for an offer. After about half the season AHL offers started coming in, and after we won the Memorial Cup, I was offered three NHL deals the next off-season
metzeger is offline   Reply With Quote