Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 04-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #61
Eamus Catuli
Minors (Single A)

is this database still available and if so where can I find it? Will it work in 19?
Eamus Catuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #62
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

the Negro league players that were in the Spritze database, are now in OOTP minor league database. Just need to have historical minors enabled to have them appear.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #63
nokmirt
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
the Negro league players that were in the Spritze database, are now in OOTP minor league database. Just need to have historical minors enabled to have them appear.
How come some player ratings are garbage? I tried to import Rube Foster from 1911. He can't pitch himself out of a wet paper bag. The man would roll over in his grave if he saw these ratings.

Then I tried to find an updated Spritze database to add him from the mlb database, and I cannot find a download anywhere. I did find one for OOTP 16, but it keeps telling me the file is corrupt. In any case right now I am stuck. In OOTP 19 there is a master.csv, but it will not import fosteru99h. It keeps saying the import failed. I am so annoyed right now.

Last edited by nokmirt; 04-27-2018 at 11:49 AM.
nokmirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #64
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

latest spritze db is still available. yes, it works in 19, it's what i am using currently. a little searching:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=989

foster002rub - from spritze db
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Last edited by mitchkenn; 04-27-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:00 PM   #65
nokmirt
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
latest spritze db is still available. yes, it works in 19, it's what i am using currently. a little searching:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=989

foster002rub - from spritze db
Thank. The problem I have now is that I cannot open the historical database to look for player ids. I have nothing that opens a .obd file.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:55 PM   #66
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

to my knowledge, nothing opens those .obd database files, except some magic program the developers have hidden in a dark and secret room. after all, it is their program and database. at least, nothing i've ever tried or read about.

i believe actionjackson sent you a .csv file for 17 ... it'll work, for all but the most recent players added in the Spritze 18 db. Bbref is a source (offten not correct for the game IDs) you might look if the player isn't in the file actionjackon sent you - but i suspect 95% of the players will show up in that older .csv file. Otherwise, maybe look in the minor league .csv file that comes in the game. Almost every player in the Spritze database is in that file, but i can't say if the player IDs are the same. that;s just not something i've looked into. yes, a muddled mess to be certain. best of luck, and hope some of this might help or make sense.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 04-27-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:42 PM   #67
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokmirt View Post
How come some player ratings are garbage? I tried to import Rube Foster from 1911. He can't pitch himself out of a wet paper bag. The man would roll over in his grave if he saw these ratings.
The ratings in the player editor are for a "modern major league environment" not 1911 and not negro leagues.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:50 PM   #68
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
to my knowledge, nothing opens those .obd database files, except some magic program the developers have hidden in a dark and secret room. after all, it is their program and database. at least, nothing i've ever tried or read about.
i believe actionjackson sent you a .csv file for 17 ... it'll work, for all but the most recent players added in the Spritze 18 db. Bbref is a source (offten not correct for the game IDs) you might look if the player isn't in the file actionjackon sent you - but i suspect 95% of the players will show up in that older .csv file. Otherwise, maybe look in the minor league .csv file that comes in the game. Almost every player in the Spritze database is in that file, but i can't say if the player IDs are the same. that;s just not something i've looked into. yes, a muddled mess to be certain. best of luck, and hope some of this might help or make sense.
ODB files are proprietary to OOTP Developments. They are not readable without being hacked like they do on TV shows and movies. 10 seconds max.

OOTP has its own negro league player id schema as many of the players in the game are not included on BBref.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:59 PM   #69
nokmirt
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The ratings in the player editor are for a "modern major league environment" not 1911 and not negro leagues.
Then why is it that the ratings for players on teams in my 1871-1875 league came out ok? This is also a fictional historical league. Granted these teams were imported wholesale, but still. Why is it that individual player imports are screwy?

Last edited by nokmirt; 04-27-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:47 PM   #70
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Then why is it that the ratings for players on teams in my 1871-1875 league came out ok? This is also a fictional historical league. Granted these teams were imported wholesale, but still. Why is it that individual player imports are screwy?
in beta testing last year, using a historical out of box set-up, in the leagues players were created for (ie Negro Leagues), players performed pretty much as they did in real life. Once they were placed out of their "created" environment, the game treated them differently and their number suffered accordingly. Rube Foster, Oscar Charleston, Jud Wilson and Cool Papa Bell were stars in the games' MiLB Negro Leagues. i didn't design or create any of this, i simply tested. And those were the results. So, as designed, things worked fairly well.

personally, when i place Negro League players in my fictional world, i edit their stats for the environment i am placing them in. since it's a fictional world, i keep it fictional.

Good luck.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:38 AM   #71
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Negro League players often faced less than stellar competition which can inflate their stats in much the same way MLB expansion years do. So if you start out with grandiose expectations in some cases you may be disappointed. Since your leagues are fictional anyway and you control everything you wish to feel free to adjust things to your liking. OOTP is a game after all. Playing it any way you wish is a positive.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:16 AM   #72
nokmirt
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
in beta testing last year, using a historical out of box set-up, in the leagues players were created for (ie Negro Leagues), players performed pretty much as they did in real life. Once they were placed out of their "created" environment, the game treated them differently and their number suffered accordingly. Rube Foster, Oscar Charleston, Jud Wilson and Cool Papa Bell were stars in the games' MiLB Negro Leagues. i didn't design or create any of this, i simply tested. And those were the results. So, as designed, things worked fairly well.

personally, when i place Negro League players in my fictional world, i edit their stats for the environment i am placing them in. since it's a fictional world, i keep it fictional.

Good luck.
Sounds good thanks for the explanation. And @ Spritze thank you as well and I will keep that in mind.

Last edited by nokmirt; 04-28-2018 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #73
nokmirt
Minors (Single A)

I know why Rube Foster gives out bad ratings. First I noticed the game does not display his real life stats. Then I noticed in the Spritze database that his line of data is unfinished or incomplete. The in game database has the same discrepancy. Hopefully in the future these can get fixed. I wish people back then had kept better records.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:05 PM   #74
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I just reviewed the database records for Andrew (Rube) Foster in both the OOTP and the Spritze databases and do not find any incomplete nor unfinished records. His IRL stats display perfectly in OOTP.

Please expand on your comments and provide screenshots?

Be sure to set the Scope to All rather than MLB when viewing Fosters IRL data.

Last edited by Spritze; 04-28-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:04 PM   #75
nokmirt
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
I just reviewed the database records for Andrew (Rube) Foster in both the OOTP and the Spritze databases and do not find any incomplete nor unfinished records. His IRL stats display perfectly in OOTP.

Please expand on your comments and provide screenshots?

Be sure to set the Scope to All rather than MLB when viewing Fosters IRL data.
I found him. Just have to get used to this again. I am having fun though.

Last edited by nokmirt; 04-28-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:07 AM   #76
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Might it be possible to import the minor league players but not the teams?
If you wanted to run your own minor leagues instead of the historic ones?
Old 05-08-2018, 05:48 PM   #77
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
Might it be possible to import the minor league players but not the teams?
If you wanted to run your own minor leagues instead of the historic ones?

Somewhat explained here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...1&postcount=33

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:19 PM   #78
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
I'll have to read this a few dozen times and make sure I have the correct files. I don't want to import individuals, so I'm still puzzled as to minor players and when they debut and if just having them become available somewhere is possible.
This sounds like something I need to ask the master, Spritze!!!

Last edited by RANGER11JP; 05-10-2018 at 07:22 PM.
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #79
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Well I must say I am also confused. All the negro leaguers are in the OOTP minor league database. Did Lukas ever release a master list for that? It seemed like he was going to but I just don't know what is actually provided with the game.

My copy shows everything rather than just what comes with the game. That is because I use it for testing porpoises.

There was also a negro league list last year. That would still be fairly accurate. For 19 there are 137 new negro leaguers, most from 1945 and 1946 plus a very few fixes.

I can easily create lists but only with OOTP approval.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:47 AM   #80
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

So my real question is if it is possible to have major and minor league players import yearly without using the historic minor league teams? I do not want to individually import each player because I am too old and impatient for that kind of thing! We can create up to five levels of minors when creating a league, so I'd like that option for employing minor league guys. Is anyone with me on this? Or am I missing something totally?