Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM Dynasty Reports

Old 01-21-2015, 11:02 PM   #21
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells1234 View Post
I like the 60/40 split (It is what I use) but I could never do the 15minutes all lines. My bottom six (although my third line is producing at a great rate) is just not good enough to be out there that often. I wish I could match lines in some games but that would be it. Overall I have had success with the lineup I have and if nothing else changes then I guess it is what I will keep. I know as the season wears on my players will start to tire out so I will keep that in consideration!
OOOPS I didn't mean for you to use that 15 mins exclusively!!! That is my default lines and usually it looks more like 20 mins for the first line and 10 mins for the third line. I adjust it depending on the team I'm playing and the skill levels of my opposition. if their first line plays 25 mins then my 4th checking line and my 1st scoring line get the bulk of my minutes... Sorry I didn't explain that better...
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:55 AM   #22
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

October Player Stats and Pace for season

deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #23
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

I am going to be gone on a business trip this weekend so no updates will be happening. I will be back on Monday however with more Desert Dynasty. If you have any questions or feedback please leave it as I will be on the forums on this trip.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:26 PM   #24
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

The month of November starts with the updates of development within the Coyotes organization. It is very nice to see some guys in the QMJHL developing very nicely! I also assigned my three scouts that are not doing anything to Yan-Pavel Laplante, Laurent Dauphin, and Justin Hache.

Starting this month here is the way that the 'Yotes stand in regards to their play within the league

and on the way to the start of November!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #25
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

November!

The start of November the 'Yotes enter in with a 10-4-0 record for 20 points and first in the Western Conference. The bright stars on the team in the past month has been Riberio and Vrabata who both have 16 points in 14 or less games. The upcoming month will be the true test as to if the 'Yotes can keep up with their amazing play!

November 2, 2013

Tonight the Arizona Coyotes head into San Jose for their second meeting of the year. The 'Yotes will look to continue their hot start and bring the season series back even and get redemption for their 4-2 loss on October 5. The Sharks look to gain ground on the Coyotes who sit only 3 points ahead of them in the conference!

After what is a great first period by Mike Smith facing and rejecting all 11 shots he faced the 'Yotes take a 1-0 lead on only 5 shots with a goal from Vermette!
The second period sees the 'Yotes give up their one goal lead within a minute on a San Jose PP, and a second goal coming within the last 5 minutes of the period to send the 'Yotes down 2-1. Luckily for the 'Yotes Vermette gets his second goal of the game with less then 2 minutes to go in the period and the game goes into the 3rd period tied 2-2 and shots being 17-19 in favour of the Sharks
in the 3rd Vermette finishes off the hat trick with another goal giving the 'yotes the late 3rd period lead only to have the game tied up by the sharks with less then three minutes to go in the period sending the first game of November into overtime with the shots all tied up at 28!
within the first two minutes of overtime Vlasic gets one past Mike Smith and the San Jose sharks come away with the 4-3 OT victory over the 'Yotes. The 'yotes do get their first OT loss of the season and keep on rolling with only giving up a point on the lead they have over the Sharks.

In the game sadly for the 'Yotes they end up losing RD Derek Morris for the second time this season after he missed from October 5 - 27. Morris is only expected to miss the next 7 days and a few games, in the meanwhile RD David Rundblad will take over for the next few games as he did before.

November 5, 2013
The 'Yotes are at home tonight to take on the high powered first in the league offence of the Vancouver Canucks for the first time for the season!

The game starts out very even as both teams play very well defensively and keep each other off the score board until less then 3 minutes left in the first Vermette scores his 4th goal in the last two nights to give the coyotes the 1-0 lead heading into the 2nd period.
The second period plays much like the first with both teams not giving an inch to the other, Vancouver on the PowerPlay is able to tie up the game and Loungo stands tall in net not giving the Coyotes the opportunity to score and take the lead back. The shots are all tied up at 17 as the game goes into the 3rd a 1-1 tie.
In the third period the Vancouver Canucks take the lead on the Coyotes by a goal from Daniel Sedin at 8:34 in the period. The coyotes tries hard but Loungo never lets another shot through. The Coyotes loss again in the month of November and people are starting to wonder if their month of October was a fluke.

November 6, 2013
The Coyotes head to Anahiem for a back-to-back game after a devastating lost to the Vancouver Canucks the night before. The Coyotes look to shake off what has been a poor offensive output by everyone on the team besides Vermette who enters this game with 4 goals in the past 2 games. the Coyotes have the advantage in the series so far this year at 1-0-0 after a 3-1 win in Anahiem on October 18. They look to bounce back against a very poor 4-11-1 Ducks team.
The ducks come out shooting the lights out and get off to the early 3-1 lead against the Coyotes. Thomas Greiss started in net to let Mike Smith rest a little but after only stopping less then 75% of the shots he faced Mike Smith comes in to try and help the Coyotes get off a little slump.
In the second period the wheels fall off for the Coyotes as they are sent to the box 4 times and give up 3 PP goals! the Ducks add another one and the Coyotes get 2 for themselves as they head into the 3rd period a 7-3 game!
The third period doesn't get any easier for the Coyotes as Teemu Selanne scores his 4th goal of the game and the Ducks outplay the Coyotes for the third straight period finishing the game with 9 goals!!! the Coyotes do get a goal from Stone on the PP and get 4 goals themselves but the defence falls to sleep in this game and hands the Coyotes their third loss and they are without a win yet in the month of November!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #26
moore4807
All Star Starter

Nice reports, sorry to hear about the slump.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:38 AM   #27
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

that's one young GM! Don't let go of Shane Doan!

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-27-2015 at 01:41 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #28
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
that's one young GM! Don't let go of Shane Doan!
Shane Doan (A great man I have met before!) Will retire a Coyote. I think he deserves to and also will get his number retired!
Old 01-27-2015, 01:50 PM   #29
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

November 9, 2013
With the resent slide going on in Arizona young coach and GM Dean Wells has decided to give his third line a boost in their playing time from an average of 12-15 minutes of play a game as they have been producing points in the last few games at a much higher rate then any other line on the team. Coach Dean has also told reporters that he is disappointed in the lack of offence his team has been showing and wants more intensity to be out there from the start of the game!
On the 9th the Coyotes will host 5-9-2 Washington Capitals. The Coyotes will look to bounce back and get their first win in the month of November!
before the start of the 1st period word has broke that coach Dean Wells has made a lineup switch sending A. Vermette up to the second line while moving M. Hanzal down to the 3rd. Coach Wells was quoted saying "Hanzal is on a slump and Vermette is really hot right now, I want my best guys playing together and either Vermette will keep streaking or Hanzal will start playing harder!"
The first period starts and ends with the Capitals scoring, one from Ovechkin and the other a PP goal from Ward. The Coyotes offence (ranked 5th in the NHL) has yet to show up in the game but Coach Dean has belief that his team will come out on top!
The Second period starts out with a PP goal for Vrbata getting the Arizona offence back on track unfortunately late in the period Ovechkin pockets his second goal of the night leading the Capitals to a 3-1 lead heading into the third period.
The Third period becomes a goal fest in the first 7 minutes of play with a combined 5 goals on 8 shots! the Coyotes opened the period with a second goal by Vrbata and then less then a minute later a goal by third line rightwing D.Moss (assisted by Hanzal). the Capitals respond with a third goal by the great 8 but Vrbata answers right back 1:12 seconds later with his third goal of the night as well! with the game tied Moss is able to net his second of the night at 6:52 and then Mike Smith shuts the game down leading to the first win of the month for the Coyotes!

Coach Dean is quoted as saying "This is the type of game that I knew my guys were capable of playing, We came out and shot the lights out with a team not known for their scoring ability! We would love to see the defence intensity step it up and not allow 4 goals in the game but at the end of the day a W is a W and we are leaving the game with 2 points and end out slump!"

November 12, 2013
Good news for the Coyotes as Top RD D. Morris is back from injury giving the Coyotes a defensive boost that they have been missing over the past 3-4 games. The Coyotes are in St. Louis to take on Conference rivals the Blues who have had a slow start to the season going 6-7-2. The Coyotes look to win 2 straight games for the first time in a while and build on the game they had against the Capitals.
After peppering the goal the Coyotes finish the period with giving up two goals in two seconds (A little bit unrealistic I would say but whatever!) to Steen and Roy. Coach Dean and the intermission says "This is not new to us, we have been in a place like this before. We are going to play our game and come out with the W again!"
The second period sees both teams play great defence and ends the same way that it started a 2-0 lead for the Blues!
In the third period the Coyotes are able to come back with goals from Schlemko and Moss to tie the game up! Unfortunately with less then 5 minutes to go in the game Backes scores and the blues never give up the lead.
The coyotes drop this game 3-2 in St. Louis, after the game Coach Wells says "I was proud of my boys for going out there and fighting all they could in the 3rd period. Sometimes you can do everything and still not come away with the W. We will regroup and get out there again and the Coyotes will keep on doing what we have been doing all season long!"

November 14, 2013
The Coyotes take on a huge test tonight going into first place Chicago and looking to come out with the win. There has also been rumours going around the locker and news rooms that GM and Coach Dean Wells has placed Hanzal on the Trading Block! while Dean Wells has not made a public comment about it Hanzal has already lost his second line job this season and his playing time is going down as time moves on.
The first period is a goalie matchup with both teams peppering the goalies but neither letting anything through. The shots on goal are 15-14 in favour of the Coyotes heading into the second.
in the second the Blackhawks get on the board first with a goal by Shaw but that is responded with by a goal from Moss about 5 minutes later. It looks like the game will be going into the third tied 1-1 until Sharp puts one in with 28 seconds remaining in the period. The coyotes go into the third period down again against what is a very good Blackhawks team!
The third period belongs to the Blackhawks who star the period off with two goals by Shaw in less then 20 seconds. Korpikoski tries to bring life back to Arizona with a goal at 1:42 mark but it won't do much as the Blackhawks go on to score a 5th time with Leddy scoring at 5:32 in the third.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #30
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

November 16, 2013
The month of November has been very tough for the Coyotes and they have slowly slipped down to 4th in the conference. Today they take on the 8-8-3 Lightening. No major news has come out of Arizona lately and it seems like the trade rumours have died down a little bit, coach Wells says "I want the members of this team to focus on winning games not on who is going to stay or go."
The first period starts much like the first period of the Chicago game where both teams are shooting out the lights but goalies are staying on guard. The Coyotes have been graced with 2 PP situations and have yet to tally on them.
The second period ends much like the first with the Coyotes being given more opportunities to score on what is now a 0-5 PP for the night! Bishop is standing tall with 23 saves and Mike Smith is getting tons of help form his defence who has blocked 10 shots!
The third period was all Tampa as they outshot the Coyotes 16-6 but neither team was able to get onto the board taking this game into OT. The Coyotes are able to at least get a point this game which is something that will help them stay up in the Western Conference!
The OT doesn't solve anything and the game goes to a SO. The Coyotes are not able to win and leave the game with only 1 point, but with confidence after playing a very tough and hard-nosed game!

November 21, 2013
The Coyotes have the Avalanche in town tonight which could be a huge game for both teams! Colorado is only 4 points out of a playoff position in the West and the Coyotes are trying their hardest in this month to keep within the top 8 and are only 2 points from dropping out!
The first period ends up being a flat period on the end of the Coyotes who do not look like they are fighting as hard as they should be and they go into the intermission down 1-0 from a Stastny goal only 6 minutes into the period.
The second period sees nothing change, The Coyotes are getting a little more into the game and starting to show a little more fight but they have not been able to get onto the scoreboard yet, and the Avalanche dont seem to be letting up defensively.
The third period sees the Coyotes get a pitiful 3 shots on goal and the Coyotes get an insurance marker at 10 minutes into the period to win the game 2-0. Coach Wells says in the post game press conference that "changes are on its way if the team keeps playing flat like this!"

November 23, 2013
The Coyotes are handed the chance to not only get redemption from a horrible loss to the Ducks earlier this month but to get back into the winning mind set with this game against the still terrible Ducks! Coach Wells has done nothing to the lineups but has told his top lines if they do not show up changes are coming!
The coyotes get on the board first, in what has become a rarity this month, with a PP goal by Hanzal! in net Mike Smith has played strong and is not letting anything though as the Coyotes double the Ducks shots 14-7! and start the game 1-3 on the PP.
The second period is much of the same as the Coyotes and Ducks continue to battle hard. The Coyotes are not as hot on the shot aspect as they only get off 9 shots this period but do get one in on Ekman Larsson shot. The Ducks who get another 7 shots are still held without a goal so far this game heading into the third.
The third period sees the Ducks come out flying getting off 13 shots but none making there way past Mike Smith as he gets a shutout! the Coyote offence gets one more insurance marker goal by Vrbata and the Coyotes get two points and the lead in the season series 2-1-0.

November 25, 2013
Tonight the Coyotes have the opportunity to regain 3rd in the Western Conference as they travel to Nashville to take on the 9th placed Predators. The Coyotes, who had a great game offensively and defensively against the ducks, have make no major changes to the lineups going into this game.
The first period plays pretty evenly and sees the Predators get a 1-0 lead against the Coyotes late in the period on a Fisher PP goal. Rinne is standing tall in net looking to bounce back from the 5-0 pounding the Coyotes laid on him October 31.
The Second period sees the Coyotes come back to tie and eventually take the 3-1 lead on a PP goal from Boedker, and two even strength goals from Moss and Stone. Coach Wells says in an intermission interview that "I am proud of my boys, whenever we go down we seem to find a way to get back into games and we are on the way back up from what was a hard start to this month."
The third period starts with a quick goal from Vermette less then 4 minutes in and the Coyotes go on to stop the offensive push from the Predators to take a 4-1 win and their first 2 game win streak in a very long time. After the game the sounds of excitement came from the Coyote locker room as they felt the upswing in effect.

November 27, 2013
The Coyotes head to Minnesota to continue their short road trip to take on the Wild for the first time this season. The Wild and Coyotes both have 28 points on the season and are both looking to keep up their big play and keep on getting better as the season progresses.
The first period is about as even as a hockey game can get with both teams going 0-1 on PP and getting 9 shots each! Harding and Smith are both hanging in the game as the offences of both teams are starting to gear up!
The second period sees both teams playing very well but the Coyotes end up getting one more shot on goal which leads to the 1-0 lead off of Moss' shot!
The third period sees the Wild come to life and get three unanswered goals while the Coyotes spend 12 minutes on the PK! Keith Yandle does get one back for the Coyotes but the Wild end this game with the W and the Coyotes are unable to send their win streak to 3.

November 30, 2013
November ends with the Coyotes hosting the first placed Blackhawks. The Coyotes are looking to get a W tonight so that they can have at least a 10 point month in November and bounce back from their now 6th placed seed.
The first period sees both teams offences get going as the Blackhawks take the 3-2 lead heading into the second period.
The second period is a defensive affair with both teams unable to crack the other one and the 3-2 game continues into the third!
The third period ends the same way it began as the Coyotes are unable to beat the Blackhawks and end the month of November in a very bad 8 point month!
Old 01-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #31
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

As November ends the Coyotes stats have come down to earth! Looking at the difference in the players on pace numbers after October and after November we see just how bad of a month some of our players had,

Old 01-27-2015, 06:10 PM   #32
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

November Stats and Trades

Last edited by deanwells1234; 01-27-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #33
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

December

The Coyotes head into December a different team then they were when they entered into November. They have been beaten down hard and shown what a NHL season can do to a young team. While they are still in a playoff position they need to right the ship quickly if they want to keep that.
A quick look at development shows that the Coyotes are headed in the right direction and have tons of talent that will be ready to come up and play in the next few years. as well as a meeting with the owners board shows that they still trust in GM Dean Wells to take the Coyotes to the greatest heights that they have ever been to.

Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-27-2015, 08:55 PM   #34
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

December Games

December 3, 2013
The first game of December sees the Coyotes in Edmonton to take on the Oilers (15-12-1). The Coyotes took game one of the series 4-0 on October 26th in Arizona and the Oilers will be looking to get back into the series and keep up there winning record.

The Oilers jumped out to the early lead in this game and by the middle of the second period had a 4-1 lead on the Coyotes. The Coyotes didn't lose due to lack of trying as they did end up scoring 4 goals in the game but the oilers offence was too much for the Coyote defence and they walk away with the 6-4 win.

December 4, 2013
The Second game of December is a back-to-back game in Calgary (6-19-1) to take on the leagues worst team. The Coyotes really need a win in this game as they only hold onto the 7th seed spot by a small 3 point margin. Arizona did beat the Flames 5-2 on October 22 in Arizona.

The Coyotes have a HUGE bounce back game. This win goes to the offence but Backup goaltender Thomas Griess had a great game as well to get the Coyotes first win of December. The Coyotes offence exploded in the first period netting 4 goals on only 9 shots! the Coyotes also played great defence and even though they took a hideous 7 penalties they were able to go 4-7 on the PK while going 2-3 on the PP.

December 6, 2013
Continuing on their road trip the Coyotes take on the team a spot ahead of them on the standings, the Vancouver Canucks (14-13-3). The Canucks beat the Coyotes earlier this season 2-1 in Arizona and the Coyotes would like nothing more then to go into Vancouver and draw even on the season series, as well as pass them for the 6th seed in the West.

The Coyotes came out firing on all cylinders in this game and opened up a huge 4-1 lead heading into the second period. However they were unable to keep up the intensity and by the end of the second they had that 4-1 lead into a 6-4 lead. The Canucks came out in the third firing away and were able to tie the game with less then 5 minutes to go! The game went all the way to a SO where the Canucks Daniel Sedin was the only player to score and gave the win to the Canucks. The coyotes will have to settle with the 1 point and take the silver lining where they can.

December 10, 2013
The Coyotes continue their road trip (1-1-1) into Colorado (13-12-3) a team that shut them out last month in a sad 2-0 loss. The Coyotes are looking to take back a few spots in the Western conference as well as show others that they are still a team to be feared! the Ave's are on the other spectrum as they have been battling to get into the Western Conferences top 8 for over a month now and a win against they Coyotes would put them right on track!

After a pretty boring first period the Coyotes start the scoring out with a goal from Vrbata. The Coyotes go on to tally 3 more goals coming from Hanzal, Moss, and then again Vrbata. The Ave's are able to tally once on the PP from Duchene but it isn't enough to take out the Coyotes who get their second win and get point 5 of possible 8 on this road trip.

December 12, 2013
The Coyotes are back from their short road trip (2-1-1) Where they nabbed 5 of 8 points on the road and has put them in the position to make strides up the Western Conference as they hold games on every team above them and if they can capitalize could move as high as 3rd place! Tonight they take on the Eastern New York Islanders (17-11-4) who sit 7th in the East. The Coyotes hope to continue their strong play over the past week and to take out a powerful Eastern team while the Islanders are looking to just keep up and not get pushed out of the tough Eastern Conference playoff run. The Coyotes did take the game they had against the Islanders 5-2 on October 8th.

The Islanders came to play and capitalized on what has become a very rare occurrence of a bad game by Mike Smith. The Islanders opened the game by going up 3-0 within the first 5 minutes of the game and they never looked back trading goals with the Coyotes twice and finishing the game 5-2.

December 14, 2013
Todays home game comes against the Carolina Hurricanes (16-15-2) who are looking to get even with the Coyotes who beat them 3-1 in Carolina on October 13th. The Coyotes are looking for a huge win tonight that would move them up the standings and give them some room for error later down the stretch of the season.

With what turned out to be a very boring game the Hurricanes take away the 1-0 win and the Coyotes loss two straight at home. The Coyotes have been blowing the chance to move up the Western Conference order and have not capitalized on the games that matter against Eastern teams that are out of the playoff run! Some wonder if a change is afoot in the Coyote locker room.

December 17, 2013
After a short 3 day break the Coyotes head to Montreal to take on the Canadians (21-13-1) who are a powerhouse Eastern team. If the Coyotes could take out a team like the Canadians it would boost not other their confidence but also the confidence of the fans and management. The Canadians are a power team who has lost very few games and who are on the hunt to win the cup this year.

The Canadians jumped out to the lead with a PP goal in the first and held the lead heading into the second. The Second was the time when the Coyotes were able to fight their way back into the game as they tied up the game with a goal from Yandle. But the Canadians would put a final goal up in the third and the Coyote offence was unable to tie it up again and the Coyotes drop another very winnable game. To add another down side to this game the Coyotes hot hand third line winger David Moss (10G-11A in 33GP) is out for 17 days with an elbow injury.

December 19, 2013
The Coyotes see themselves for the first time this season outside the top 8 spot in the Western Conference and slowly dipping into the lower parts of the League. Today they find themselves up against the Toronto Maple Leafs (21-12-3) in what has become a must win game for the Coyotes.

The Coyotes and Maple Leafs play tough in this game however it is the leafs who get the win in the final few minutes of the game on a Lupul PP goal! The Coyotes drop another winnable game and GM Wells has gone on record stating that the Coyotes have become complacent and okay with losing but it isn't okay with him and he wouldn't allow it!

December 21, 2013
The Coyotes take on the #1 team in the East tonight in Ottawa (25-9-3). The Coyotes who have been slumping since the start of November are looking for a way to get up and start winning some games again as the environment seems to be getting very sour in the locker room. A win tonight against the powerhouse Ottawa Senators would do wonders to help uplift the spirits of the broken Coyote players.

After a hard fought 60 minutes that saw the Coyotes losing and winning by 1 at any given time the Ottawa Senators stud forward Bobby Ryan gives the Senators the win midway through the OT period. The Coyotes do leave this game with the win and that is something that has given some hope to followers of the team as they are hoping for a turnaround with the way the Coyotes have played against some tough Eastern teams as of late. Over the wire it is heard that powerhouse player Radim Vrbata has Substained a Mid body injury and will be out for at least 4 weeks of play! this is a huge hit to the Coyotes and Vrbata who is in his last year of contract and has made it known he is testing the Free Agency waters. In his absence the Coyotes bring up Jordan Szwarz from the Portland Pirates who has 14 points in 25 games.

December 23, 2013
The Coyotes are in Buffalo to take on the Sabres (18-15-3) in what is a very winnable game for the Coyotes and one that they need to win to stop their slide deeper into the bottom of the league.

After a good first and second period the Coyotes lose the game in the third and continue the drop from top to one of the leagues bottom feeders. Nothing really positive can be said about this game as the Coyotes have continued to lose very winnable games.

December 25, 2013
HUGE NEWS coming out of Arizona as they have sent 32 year old Radim Vrbata and 2014 second round pick to the Edmonton Oilers for 20 year old Nail Yakapov!
GM Wells said "We here at Arizona would like to thank Vrbata for his service that he has done as a Coyote but felt that since he refused to talk about a contract extension we as an organization needed to get something in return for the investment we have put into him."

December 27, 2013
Tonight the Arizona Coyotes will host the second placed San Jose Sharks (20-14-3) and look to add to the great performances they have had this season against the Coyotes! The Coyotes are looking for anything this game to maybe light a spark under their asses and GM Wells is hoping that the addition of young Russian stud Nail Yakapov will help!

The Coyotes come out and DOMINATE the San Jose Sharks in a 6-0 route! A bit of a surprise in the way that the Coyotes have been playing of late but a great boast for the players and a great Christmas present for GM Wells!

December 28, 2013
Tonight is another huge game for the Coyotes as they head to Anahiem to take on the Ducks (17-19-3). A win here would take the Coyotes and put them back into the 8th seed, a position currently held by the Ducks themselves! Arizona is 2-1-0 against the Ducks however they are going to be going into this game as a back-to-back and starting backup tender Thomas Greiss.

After a pretty slow start that left the Ducks leading 2-1 the Coyotes bounced back in the 2nd to take the 3-2 lead. All looked really good for the Coyotes but backup Greiss couldn't withstand the onslaught from the Ducks and they tied it up 3-3. OT wasn't enough and the Ducks and Coyotes went to a shootout that went 8 rounds deep! but they Ducks took it and the Coyotes drop once again a very winnable game!

December 31, 2013
New Years eve and the Coyotes play host to the Edmonton Oilers (19-21-1) and with a win tonight the Coyotes could take themselves from 11 to 7th in the Western Conference. The Coyotes have had a roller coaster of a past few months and are looking for a way to settle into a more stable routine.

And the Coyotes fail to win a game in regulation again! the Coyotes take another game to OT and once again fail to capitalize and lose to the Edmonton Oilers. GM Wells does not know what to do and says that nothing is out of the question going forward!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:57 PM   #35
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

December Development

Again lots of development happens to the young guns in the Arizona Coyotes organization and GM Wells assures everyone that he believes that the Coyotes will become a power house team soon enough.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:11 PM   #36
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

December Stats, and League Standings

Old 01-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #37
trident
All Star Reserve

Looks like Enstrom is having a great year from the back-end. Nice assists count.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:10 PM   #38
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
And the Coyotes fail to win a game in regulation again! the Coyotes take another game to OT and once again fail to capitalize and lose to the Edmonton Oilers. GM Wells does not know what to do and says that nothing is out of the question going forward!
Just a suggestion but the first thing that stands out to me is the shots. Your team is being badly outshot by your opponents most nights and invariably shots equal goals. Can you post your Tactics for us to see?
Old 01-29-2015, 02:51 AM   #39
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Just a suggestion but the first thing that stands out to me is the shots. Your team is being badly outshot by your opponents most nights and invariably shots equal goals. Can you post your Tactics for us to see?
Ya I know we keep getting our asses handed to us on the shot totals! I play a pretty balanced game and rarely go to pass+ or pass++... I think it is more a defensive problem not a offensive problem.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:34 AM   #40
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ya I know we keep getting our asses handed to us on the shot totals! I play a pretty balanced game and rarely go to pass+ or pass++... I think it is more a defensive problem not a offensive problem.
Actually - from your description it IS an offensive problem...

Your top line or even top two lines should be shoot + on ES, and either shoot + or ++ anytime your down goals in the game...
The only time I choose pass + is if my O line is 15 or above in passing between two of the three players on that line. Balanced play is reserved for generally being up by a goal and I only go defensive if my team is not as good as my opponents which is only most of the games!

If you check my Panthers thread you can see how I have my tactics set. even though I have my gameplay set to defensive, because I start at shoot + and shoot even more from there if I get down in the score my shot total regularly exceeds the opponent or we are neck and neck. , even though my gameplay is primarily defensive in nature.