Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation UPDATE: Plans & state of the game.

Hey guys,

the game is out of the door for preorder customers and we have to say that this was a pretty good release! We are very happy as most people enjoy the game immensely.

Of course, a few bugs were discovered and some people are having stability issues. That is something that cannot be prevented in a product as complex as OOTP, obviously. But we're working hard to reproduce the problems and fix them if possible for the patch #1 release on Monday.

So far, the following issues are being fixed / added / tweaked:
- Rare issue with playoff seeding in the major league quickstart, resulting in teams playing themselves or in multiple matchups in a round. This is the most serious issue that has popped up so far, and I am fixing this as we speak. I suggest you backup your league prior to advancing to the playoffs in case this happens to you, so you can roll back and use the patch on Monday.
- The amateur draft pool player origins are using the default origins instead. This is a bug of course.
- Win probablitiy not displayed in-game. This happens in custom installations and will be fixed.
- PH / PR not being removed from depth charts when demoting / promoting players.
- Clearing the pitching staff does not clear the bullpen.
- Random game lockups (these are very hard to reproduce and may well be because of system issues that we cannot control). Fortunately, only a handful of customers (out of several thousands) seem to experience these.
- Some owners in the major league quickstart not having proper spending / patience rating
- Minor errors in the major league quickstart
- Other minor bugs

Alright, getting back to work... enjoy the game

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-13-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
mpokrandt
Minors (Double A)

First, great game and release! I think I've bought each one.

One thing I noticed is that the player pictures are constantly re-loading. Before each game and as you move forward each day on the Scores/Schedule screen. This wasn't the case in 13.

Also, after using the all in one, there are some players with actual pictures and others with facegen pictures. Is there a way to get some consistency.
mpokrandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpokrandt View Post
First, great game and release! I think I've bought each one.

One thing I noticed is that the player pictures are constantly re-loading. Before each game and as you move forward each day on the Scores/Schedule screen. This wasn't the case in 13.

Also, after using the all in one, there are some players with actual pictures and others with facegen pictures. Is there a way to get some consistency.
I don't have the problem with player pics reloading. Maybe it's generating home & away pictures?

Regarding the all-in-one, this is not our work and not officially supported, so I have no control over what is in there and what not. It is a project by the community, not our company.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully you add the Option like in Fast Break Pro Basketball version 3 for Leagues past 2012 Random real Players and Pitchers can shown up in Draft,Minor League Team Contracts with a MLB Team,Purchase from other or sold to other Leagues,Interview existing Staff.Personal under Contract for Job Openings.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Thanks Markus. Question. Is there a way to use spot starters (SP) or mop up relievers?
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler View Post
Thanks Markus. Question. Is there a way to use spot starters (SP) or mop up relievers?
Mopup relievers are long relievers in the bullpen settings. Spot starters have been replaced by the role emergency starters.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Mopup relievers are long relievers in the bullpen settings. Spot starters have been replaced by the role emergency starters.
I'll have to make mention that Emergency starters aren't working as intended. I simmed the 2014 season with Detroit, 5 man rotation 1 emergency starter. The emergency starter did not start any games and was used less than 20 innings all season in a relief role.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
- Some owners in the major league quickstart not having proper spending / patience rating
Could we get an overview of those ratings so we could correct that manually without having to create a new league on Monday? Only if the infromation is easy to get right away obviously.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
Isryion
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'll have to make mention that Emergency starters aren't working as intended. I simmed the 2014 season with Detroit, 5 man rotation 1 emergency starter. The emergency starter did not start any games and was used less than 20 innings all season in a relief role.

Just wondering....Did you set a secondary role for him?
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isryion View Post
Just wondering....Did you set a secondary role for him?
No secondary role set. Three team examples

Det. Below position-SP Role-emergency SP 13 games, 1 start, 22 IP
KC. Adcock position-SP Role-emergency SP 18 games, 0 starts 32 IP
NYY. Kurudo position-MR Role-emergency SP 43 games, 0 starts 62 IP

3 different examples used.
-For Detroit i had 5 starting pitchers(used Coke-MR as a SP) with SP-Below's role being only emergency SP

-For Kansas City i had 6 starting pitcher positions with a 5 man rotation with SP-Adcock's role being only emergency SP

-For the Yankees i had 5 starting pitchers with a 5 man rotation using MR-Kurudo's role as emergency SP

Leaving Kurudo's position as a MR but assinging him emergency SP yielded no starts and plenty of relief despite his role being emergency starter only.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #11
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Did you need any emergency starts during the year? If not (if, say, you have injuries off), your emergency SP probably won't make any starts.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #12
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
Did you need any emergency starts during the year? If not (if, say, you have injuries off), your emergency SP probably won't make any starts.
But my thinking was emergency starter replaced spot starter as Markus mentioned. Was hoping to see a small % of starts...

Last edited by Tycobbler; 04-13-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #13
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Hopefully you add the Option like in Fast Break Pro Basketball version 3 for Leagues past 2012 Random real Players and Pitchers can shown up in Draft,Minor League Team Contracts with a MLB Team,Purchase from other or sold to other Leagues,Interview existing Staff.Personal under Contract for Job Openings.
If I understand the first part of your post, you can already have random historic drafts in OOTP like FBPB3 has.
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
oman19
All Star Starter

Would love to see a mass select/select all added to the nations selection for player origins etc.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #15
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

For Historical Leagues you can choose Random or Accurate for Draft but Ametur Draft area meaning like where Date is can't choose Fictional or Historical Random.

If you have an International or Overseas active them Purchased or Sold would work.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
I don't have the problem with player pics reloading. Maybe it's generating home & away pictures?

Regarding the all-in-one, this is not our work and not officially supported, so I have no control over what is in there and what not. It is a project by the community, not our company.

This happened to me as well at first, and after I turned off away pictures, it was cleared up, so I`m thinking that might`ve been the previous posters issue as well. Certainly was for me.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

There is a small bug, that was, well, bugging me, and I'm wondering if it was fixed.

Clicking on "All Transactions" in the League Menu would bring you to "Major Transactions" instead, and you would have to click on the "All Transactions" report from that page to get to it.
Pacoheadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoheadley View Post
There is a small bug, that was, well, bugging me, and I'm wondering if it was fixed.

Clicking on "All Transactions" in the League Menu would bring you to "Major Transactions" instead, and you would have to click on the "All Transactions" report from that page to get to it.
This one bugged me too! I just tested and it doesn't seem to be working right still. I'll investigate further and log what I find.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
Isryion
Major Leagues

Quote:
But my thinking was emergency starter replaced spot starter as Markus mentioned. Was hoping to see a small % of starts...
I think the question was a good one. Did you have a need for emergency starts?

I'd assume it's only in case of injury without the chance to replace the injury with another starter in the depth chart. There's no need for an emergency start, then well, you wouldn't need him. I would only use an emergency starter in an online league situation, I think.
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #20
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I don't really get the change, to be honest. A spot starter is not the same thing as an emergency starter.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote