Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
Cras
Hall Of Famer

MD reference, hey now. Pour one out for the homies.

You're my boy MD! You're my boy!
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!

Last edited by Cras; 04-03-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #42
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
There are four new screens that allow you to set the nationality percentages within a league. They cover the following four areas of player generation:

1. Default Player Origin - covers initial league creation

2. Amateur Draft Pool Origin

3. International amateur free agents that are part of the new international complex system.

4. Established International free agents, i.e. older player from Cuba and Japan.

Each of these are separate and fully customizeable.

The screen showed in the initial post is the Default Player Origin screen.

I don't quite understand why bluenoser keeps insisting it's the draft screen. Yes the initial post mentions the draft just before the screenshot, but it isn't the draft screen.

When you look at the default draft screen in game you'll see that it only has nationality %'s selected for Americans, Canadians and Puerto Ricans, the only three nations actually covered by the real life rule 4 draft.

The overview of the game setup screen, which is the 4th screenshot down, shows a preview of the origins that show up on each screen with the default settings, that will help to confirm this.

However, it doesn't really matter, which screen is actually shown in the initial post, the important part is that all four screens exist, and provide an unprecedented level of customization options for OOTP14

1. Please learn to read - I never once insisted it was the draft pool screen, never mind "Keeps" insisting. I mentioned once that the reference was to the draft pool. I did NOT keep insisting it was.

2. Read the two sentences directly above the image: I'll post them here for you to save you from going back to the first page -

Quote:
New player types and origin settings

Each season, the OOTP amateur player draft offers a new list of top young talent for you to select and set on the path to major league glory (or minor league infamy and a career in the janitorial arts). One aspect of the draft that has been greatly enhanced for OOTP 14 is the ability to customize the percentages that dictate where in the world this amateur talent originates. The newly revised player options in the League Settings screen allow you to set custom percentages for two of the most important types of ways players enter the game:
  • Players created within the original draft pool when a league is created
  • The yearly amateur draft pool (or list of players created as free agents if you're using Reserve Clause Era rules)
I underlined it for you, and if you actually read the last sentence it clearly states for the Yearly amateur draft pool.

Yearly to me means every year. Maybe it means something entirely different to you.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #43
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Yes, and version 13 neither has the ability for people to differentiate foreigner percentages between the initial pool and the amateur draft, nor does it allow you to specify exactly which countries you can choose to inhabit each. You *can* go in and edit all countries you don't want down to having a baseball talent level of 0 but as noted before that's not a good time for me or, I would hazard to guess, for anybody else either.

Additionally, my issue with rising foreign percentages never had anything to do with the amateur draft because, as noted, I tend to keep the foreign % down to 0 and there are no non-USA players in there (which, as noted, is slightly unrealistic as you also never get the occasional Canadian or Puerto Rican in there). However, it seems like you completely missed the point that foreigner percentage climbs *anyway* if you have full scouting turned on because scouts will go out on their own and tell teams about foreign talent, who in turn sign said foreign talent.

No bones about it: being able to set all this is very nice, and for some of us the #1 or #2 feature that excites us about the game (I think I might be a little more excited about the new aging model).
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #44
rob_banzai
Minors (Single A)

I just saw those new national origin settings... wow!
rob_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #45
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Feeder leagues now have their own player origin screen, just as for regular leagues. So the nationalities in feeder leagues can be fully customized in OOTP14, just as for every other league.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #46
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

I must say that I'm very excited about all of this, but the BIGGEST thing I am excited about is the new scouting reports! Did you guys see the image where it gives a very detailed tracking of all rating changes?
In the past the ONLY old scouting reports that ootp kept was the 4/1 scout. So you could have 4 in game re-scouts and as many as you wanted manual re-scouts but ootp wouldn't keep it as the "last report". it would always go back to 4/1 scout which was a big waste. Anyway, I say that to say again that I'm extremely excited to see the scouting reports get some work and love!

one question though, does the changes on the scouting reports only show up on the game re-scouts (4/1, 6/1, 8/1, 10/1, ect.) and manual re-scouts or anytime the actual player has a rating change?
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #47
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post

Additional options for player origins

If the new nationality options and the international discovery period and complex weren't enough, OOTP 14 includes even more ways for your scouts to discover new talent.

New settings allow you to define how many players will enter your game each year from the following categories:
  • The international amateur free agent pool (teenagers without any major league experience)
  • International established free agents
  • Free agents from independent leagues (hidden and invisible within the game)

Within the original and amateur draft pools, you can decide the number of players that enter from each category as well as the percentage each nation contributes, so you can replicate modern MLB or suit your own preferences.

OOTP 14 truly opens up a whole new world of player discovery and origin options to one of the most immersive and customizable sports simulation games on the market today!
I have a question that has been bothering me ever since this was posted. It relates to the "International Scouting Discoveries (Per Team)" Setting. Does this setting mean that, in this example, every team will discover 18 international prospects per season, regardless of how they devote resources to scouting particular nations and/or the overall scouting budget? Or, is this number just an average? Some additional insight into what this rating means would be appreciated.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #48
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
I have a question that has been bothering me ever since this was posted. It relates to the "International Scouting Discoveries (Per Team)" Setting. Does this setting mean that, in this example, every team will discover 18 international prospects per season, regardless of how they devote resources to scouting particular nations and/or the overall scouting budget? Or, is this number just an average? Some additional insight into what this rating means would be appreciated.
Very good question, I was wondering the same. Currently how many your scout finds depends on the quality of your scout and how you allocate $$ into the process. Does this setting, "International Scouting Discoveries (Per Team)", mean that everyone will find X number of players?
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #49
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I would presume that it represents an average per year. The actual number would likely be impacted by scout quality and money invested. It's higher than in 13, probably because now you've got an international complex to fill.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #50
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

Sorry if this has been asked -

Does the game generate players that will demand more than the bonus cap and well into the severe penalty range, or will a player's demand cap at the cap? Secondly, what factors influence a player's decision? If I offer the top prospect the most money, is it guaranteed they are going to sign with me? Historically, the Yankees outbid the Mariners for the services of Felix Hernandez, but Hernandez decided against signing with the Evil Empire because, if I remember correctly, Freddy Garcia was pitching for the Mariners and he also had developed a greater comfort level with the Mariners. Can I expect to see that emulated in some shape or form, or should I resign myself to the cash is king philosophy?

One more question -

Is Thursday the last day that one can pre-order and still receive the game on Friday? Thanks.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #51
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Sorry if this has been asked -

Secondly, what factors influence a player's decision? If I offer the top prospect the most money, is it guaranteed they are going to sign with me? Historically, the Yankees outbid the Mariners for the services of Felix Hernandez, but Hernandez decided against signing with the Evil Empire because, if I remember correctly, Freddy Garcia was pitching for the Mariners and he also had developed a greater comfort level with the Mariners. Can I expect to see that emulated in some shape or form, or should I resign myself to the cash is king philosophy?

One more question -

Is Thursday the last day that one can pre-order and still receive the game on Friday? Thanks.
Interested in this as well.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote