Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #81
Doc
Bat Boy

Migration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Please discuss the OOTP 14 announcement & feature list here.

Note: The published feature list is NOT final. We continue to add features & tweaks while we develop and test the game.

Cheers!
Markus

Hi, I am new to OOTP. I was wondering if it is possible to transfer franchises that are built from one year to the next or do you have to start all over again?
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #82
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
Nice feature list. One small suggestion I have for OOTP 14 involves split season format. Having expanded 2nd half standings that show more than just who the leaders are in the 2nd half as well as correctly listing who is really winning the 2nd half when the leader of the 2nd half has already won the 1st half.

Also when can we expect news of improvements for IOOTP 13?
I think my suggestions and question got missed too,curious about these.
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #83
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

International Leagues/Tournaments

Markus-I'm really excited about the features list, especially:
-Improved depth charts and pitching staff control, i.e. list your preferred pinch-hitters, pinch-runners and "LOOGY"-Pitcher.

-Improved league strategy settings; i.e., define the number of starting pitchers, relief pitchers, and position players carried by the AI teams, split by DH and non-DH sub-leagues.

Will we be able to create a World Baseball Classic type setup where all team roster can be filled despite region and foreign player restrictions?
How about preventing A.I. from putting players from different countries on the reserve roster of said country? I.e USA having reserve rosters players from other countries. Thanks.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #84
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, that is indeed on our list...
Please add a french-canadian ethnicity.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #85
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Has anything FaceGen related been done? There are some suggestions such as home/away uniforms, fixing the slightly off left shoulder, uniform numbers, shadows, etc.
The bold fix alone would make my day. It's one of those that once you see it, you can't not see it.
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #86
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Hi, I am new to OOTP. I was wondering if it is possible to transfer franchises that are built from one year to the next or do you have to start all over again?
Yes you can transfer franchises from the previous version of OOTP. I am playing OOTP13 with a franchise I built in OOTP11.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #87
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Has anything FaceGen related been done? There are some suggestions such as home/away uniforms, fixing the slightly off left shoulder, uniform numbers, shadows, etc.
This.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #88
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Any way you could implement a "Stats-only" toggle when setting up a new league? Something to take away some of the confusion of how to set it all up, and eliminate the time and frustration that come with that process.

I know there are a few guides here on the forum for how to set it all up manually, but being able to simply hit a button and have all of the necessary prerequisites -- feeder leagues (with however many years of stats/simmed years), scouting settings, etc -- would open up a door for people like me who want to try a Stats-only game but are either too confused about how to set the whole thing up or too intimidated in getting the process going.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #89
Mantush
Minors (Double A)

I thought about skipping this version since I'm extremely happy with OOTP13, but the new scouting and player development systems have forced my hand. I love this game, and I know it'll be worth the paltry sum of thirty-five dollars; hell, I could justify paying fifty to sixty dollars for OOTP.

Any chance that mass select 'request scouting report' makes it in OOTP 14? If international prospects are going to be created and placed on a screen each year, it'll be extremely helpful if we are able to mass select scouting them; same goes during the Amateur Draft or Free Agency, too.

When it comes to international signing bonuses and the amateur draft, will the same calculus that's applied to those signing bonus pools under the new CBA be applied in game? If so, will it be optional? If not, are there any plans to incorporate it into the game at a later date during this development cycle or in a future version?
Mantush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #90
tomwolf2008
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Markus-I'm really excited about the features list, especially:
-Improved depth charts and pitching staff control, i.e. list your preferred pinch-hitters, pinch-runners and "LOOGY"-Pitcher.

-Improved league strategy settings; i.e., define the number of starting pitchers, relief pitchers, and position players carried by the AI teams, split by DH and non-DH sub-leagues.

Will we be able to create a World Baseball Classic type setup where all team roster can be filled despite region and foreign player restrictions?
How about preventing A.I. from putting players from different countries on the reserve roster of said country? I.e USA having reserve rosters players from other countries. Thanks.
On the last part of your post. Better yet, can we just have World Baseball Classic somedays?
tomwolf2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #91
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would love some info on this as well
Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #92
renojedi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwolf2008 View Post
About my only disappointment is still no national team tournament. Oh well, the other changes probably will make up for this slight disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanemj View Post
Nope. I'm very disappointed about this as well. International baseball, I thought, was a feature that I thought for sure would be included.

Maybe they are holding off on announcing it?
I'm hoping for this too. It is a World Baseball Classic year and it would be great to be able to play it out in OOTP.
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #93
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Importing Random Debut Leagues into OOTP 14

Will I be able to continue Random Debut Historical Leagues begun in OOTP 13 in OOTP 14?

Regardless of the answer, I will be pre-ordering.

Thanks in advance for an answer.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #94
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, I think the biggest problem with FaceGen right now is the fact that the jersey necklines are too low. The height of the neckline needs to be raised significantly. It doesn't match real jerseys from any era.

It would help the jerseys look more realistic and avoid problems where historical FaceGens are wearing an overly visible undershirt or sometimes two. It would also help to replicate the pullover style of jerseys from the 1970s and 1980s, which don't look right because there is still a mass of undershirt visible above the neck stripes.

The drawback to fixing this is that it would render all current jersey mods obsolete. But I would really like to see this addressed.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 01-24-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #95
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

Spread the word!

Out Of Park Baseball 14 To Be Released in April. - Royals Review

I'm looking forward to hearing more details about the International Complex Idea? Your scout finds random guys to place there and then as time passes you find out if they're worthy of a signing bonus?

Miguel Sano was an interesting kid. (signed with the twins) Some scouts tried to convince everyone he was lying about his age so his stock would fall as well as his asking price. Assuming stud talents are in the pool for all teams to look at?

The complex is for unknown guys with less upside? Or maybe occasionally one of them is an elite prospect?

As for locking in amount of pitchers/hitters a league carries. If I choose 12 pitchers for AL teams and 11 for NL teams, is it strict? Is it just most teams stick to that? Or is it strict to only those numbers?
BaronA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #96
SportsFan00
Minors (Single A)

Can't wait.. Hopefully the Storylines feature is improved as well, was really looking forwards to it last year but it wasn't what I expected.. I expect it will be great in the near future though.
SportsFan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #97
attackemu
All Star Reserve

Love the new draft/amateur free agency feature. I commish an historical online league, and I'm wondering if imported draft classes will all come in as draftable or if they'll be split up properly? Like, Venezuelan and Dominican real-life players appearing as amateur free agents instead of in the draft. And if not, will there be an easy way to move them? I've been doing this manually in the league, and this could potentially save me lots of time.

-ihatenames
attackemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #98
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
Please add a french-canadian ethnicity.
There is one - I get Canadian players with French names all the time.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #99
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
There is one - I get Canadian players with French names all the time.
There isn't It's a french from france list. Totally different.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #100
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Markus - any chance tie-breakers and Championship announcement for non play-off leagues have been added?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
One small suggestion I have for OOTP 14 involves split season format. Having expanded 2nd half standings that show more than just who the leaders are in the 2nd half as well as correctly listing who is really winning the 2nd half when the leader of the 2nd half has already won the 1st half.
Ah, yes, tiebreaking and split seasons. Two little things I've been beating the drum about for several years now to no avail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanofleisure View Post
As for historical play, Markus, I wondered if you guys ever tried to put in a league waiver system for historical leagues that were pre-1960.

Back in those days if you wanted to trade a guy out of your league, like say Honus Wagner from the Pirates to the Browns, he had to clear National League waivers first. Meaning, the 7 other NL teams had to not pick him up in order for the trade to an American league can occur.
The exact waiver rules depend on the year. Originally, there were no waiver restrictions at all. Then league waivers were required to send a player out of the league all year round, and after that waivers in both leagues were required to send a player out of the league after the trade deadline. Those interleague trading waiver restrictions were eliminated in 1986.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote