Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 09-10-2019, 07:46 PM   #1
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

SGCBL Parks

Thanks to a wonderful video tutorial by Silvam, I have started on the path of making customized ballparks for each of the 26 major league team's in Solonor's Groovy Computer Baseball League.

Here's my first attempt at making a ballpark. I haven't tried putting it in the game, yet, but here's a picture of Bree-Land Ballpark, home of the Cheese!
Attached Images

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:02 PM   #2
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
Thanks to a wonderful video tutorial by Silvam, I have started on the path of making customized ballparks for each of the 26 major league team's in Solonor's Groovy Computer Baseball League.

Here's my first attempt at making a ballpark. I haven't tried putting it in the game, yet, but here's a picture of Bree-Land Ballpark, home of the Cheese!

Great job! Is that a retractable roof on that stadium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 11:23 PM   #3
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Thank you! I had been mulling over doing this for a long time, then I finally saw your videos and took the plunge.

Yes, I borrowed the roof from your Rogers Centre model and twisted and turned it into place.

There are still a ton of flaws in this, but it's not terrible for a first try. It definitely helps that they're all fictional parks. All I have to do is match the existing field dimensions, wall heights, grass or turf, and whether they have a rectractable roof or a dome or not. The rest can ben whatever I feel like.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Old 09-11-2019, 12:38 AM   #4
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Great work on that stadium - you're off to a great start.

A quick word on fictional stadiums - I've found that the most important area is the outfield walls and bleachers. Spend most of your time building between the foul poles - you won't see a lot besides that in game. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

I tested it out in the game, and the outfielders were invisible...and some players were cut in half...almost like there was an invisible plane that the stadium was tilted against. Is that a known issue? Something I did wrong in configuring it in OOTP?

Old 09-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I tested it out in the game, and the outfielders were invisible...and some players were cut in half...almost like there was an invisible plane that the stadium was tilted against. Is that a known issue? Something I did wrong in configuring it in OOTP?

Got a screenshot of the park setup screen in-game with the field grid visible?

Old 09-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #7
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

I will have one for you later, but I think I see where this is going. The grid on the left side (down the 3B line) seems to go out from the fence and down into the ground toward RF....tilted.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #8
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I will have one for you later, but I think I see where this is going. The grid on the left side (down the 3B line) seems to go out from the fence and down into the ground toward RF....tilted.

Yeah. You will find this is more or less the bane of your existence. When making the model in sketch up. It is important to have the axis correct at home plate when you export

Old 09-11-2019, 11:21 PM   #9
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

I was able to fix it by going into Sketchup, clicking on the bottom of home plate and then "m" for move. Once I started moving, I typed [0,0,0] (including the square brackets), and it reset the model to the absolute origin. Then I selected the infield pattern and reset it and moved it up an inch above the face of the ground, so it wouldn't intersect.