Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:39 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile Collection Missions explained, launches June 17!

OK guys, as mentioned in the other thread, we will launch a new OOTP 20 patch (version 20.5) on June 17 which introduces a great new PT feature - Collection Missions!

Here's how they work:

We have added a new screen to the PT Home screen called "Missions", see below. It lists all currently active missions, their status (for example the completed percentage) and rewards.

There are two types of missions: 1) Missions for cards and 2) Missions for missions (yes, that sounds confusing at first, but bear with me).

Missions for cards are pretty straightforward. When clicking on a mission title, the expanded mission info will pop down and show you the cards that are required to complete the mission plus the reward(s). Some missions require you to collect all cards of that mission, other missions a certain number, for example any 7 out of 12 total cards. The latter lets you select the specific cards you'd like to submit for completion.

Once a mission is complete, you can submit the mission to our servers, you will then receive the mission reward(s) and the cards of the mission (or the selected ones for the missions which only require any X out of Y cards) get locked. Locked cards can no longer be sold or auctioned, but they still can be played as usual.

If you have duplicates of a card, the game automatically decides which single card to lock by following one of two (you can select which one) priority order: 1) Cards already locked, 2) inactive cards, 3) cards on the reserve roster, 4) cards on the active roster or the other way around, 4-1. So let's say you have selected the default order and one 1991 Barry Larkin card on the active roster and one on your inactive list, the one on the inactive list will get locked, unless the one on the active roster already is locked. That also means that you can use one single card for multiple missions.

Missions for missions can be completed by completing a certain set of missions, getting you an additional reward. So let's say there are Mission 1, 2 and 3 and a Mission A which is a mission that includes these three missions. After completing each mission you will get their reward, and after you have completed all three, you can submit mission A and collect another (great) reward.

Mission rewards are either Perfect Points, Regular Packs, Gold Packs, Diamond Packs, cards or super rare Special Edition cards (which can not be pulled from packs) or any combination of these. So, some missions may only get you a Gold Pack, while others get you 10,000 PP, 3 Regular Packs plus a certain card, depending on the mission difficulty.

Here's an example of a Special Edition card, aren't they lovely?

Upon launch there will be 90+ missions available, and we will be adding new missions throughout the year, so it doesn't get boring.

Here's a screenshot, it lists our internal test missions (we won't reveal the launch missions prior to releasing the update )

Alright, that's it. We can't wait to show the new feature to you, it's tons of fun!

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 06-17-2019 at 02:21 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Looks cool! I like that you can keep playing with the card even after "submitting." Rewarding packs for some should get the AH moving a bit
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

This is going to be awesome...I am so fired up right now!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
atabakin
All Star Reserve

On paper this exceeds my expectations. *Great* job, and I can only hope implementation goes smoothly to support this effort.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #5
Charlatan
All Star Starter

This looks awesome, can't wait to see them when they launch. I hope your servers will be ready for the Auction House frenzy when people try to get the cards they need!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
If you have duplicates of a card, the game automatically decides which single card to lock by following this priority order: 1) Cards already locked, 2) inactive cards, 3) cards on the reserve roster, 4) cards on the active roster. So let's say you have one 1991 Barry Larkin card on the active roster and one on your inactive list, the one on the inactive list will get locked, unless the one on the active roster already is locked.
I have a Barry Larkin that is playing and has statistics. I have another Barry Larkin in my inactive cards for some reason. After I complete the mission, I can only sell the Barry Larkin that has accumulated statistics. Why wouldn't you lock the card that is on the active roster first?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I have a Barry Larkin that is playing and has statistics. I have another Barry Larkin in my inactive cards for some reason. After I complete the mission, I can only sell the Barry Larkin that has accumulated statistics. Why wouldn't you lock the card that is on the active roster first?
One reason I can think of (and this is just me) if I have a duplicate of someone, I'm more likely to sell the one I use likely due to having training built up at multiple positions which can fetch a slightly higher value. I also prefer to sell cards that have good built-up stats because it shows how well the card plays.

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:20 AM   #8
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

hold up, how do those help when we can't see previous stats or training for a card on the auction house?

I agree that the order of lock should be reversed, I want to keep the versions I have playing
Old 06-07-2019, 09:25 AM   #9
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
One reason I can think of (and this is just me) if I have a duplicate of someone, I'm more likely to sell the one I use likely due to having training built up at multiple positions which can fetch a slightly higher value. I also prefer to sell cards that have good built-up stats because it shows how well the card plays.
Training and prior stats can't be seen on the AH. I'd personally much prefer to lock my trained players.

Regardless, pretty exciting update.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #10
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
hold up, how do those help when we can't see previous stats or training for a card on the auction house?

I agree that the order of lock should be reversed, I want to keep the versions I have playing
Fair point. I've seen plenty of people on the forums and Discord share screenshots of defensive training and stats when selling a card.

As far as locking active vs. inactive. I personally don't have a preference and wasn't part of the decision, was simply giving my opinion. I'm sure the team will review everyone's feedback

Old 06-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #11
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

oh ok. for a second I thought that developer accounts got to see something us plebs couldn't lol

it just seems like a much more common use-case is that I want to keep the card I have training on
Old 06-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #12
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
oh ok. for a second I thought that developer accounts got to see something us plebs couldn't lol

it just seems like a much more common use-case is that I want to keep the card I have training on
Oh yea, I can definitely see both sides as valid options. As always, we appreciate the feedback!

Old 06-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #13
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I have no preference as to which get locked, but it would be cool to have a choice.

Either way, I am looking forward to unloading some of my duplicates. I have two of so many cards, I feel like I should start building an ark.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #14
Charlatan
All Star Starter

When I have a duplicate card I always set the dupe to inactive. And I definitely develop a fondness for the guys I use (unless they don't hit for me... Freddy Lindstrom, I'm looking at YOU). So I would prefer if you lock the active ones.

But as said above, yeah, I can see both sides.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #15
TheNamelessPoet
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
I have no preference as to which get locked, but it would be cool to have a choice.

Either way, I am looking forward to unloading some of my duplicates. I have two of so many cards, I feel like I should start building an ark.
Lmao

Tho I agree, the played card would be MUCH better to lock, if the user choice is not an option.

Last edited by TheNamelessPoet; 06-07-2019 at 09:43 AM.
TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #16
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post

I unloaded about 30k worth of dupes several days ago. It was freeing.

Looking forward to the missions!

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:54 AM   #17
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yeah, I can't wait. We're gonna have a ton of fun with these! Also, just because we put out the first batch of missions, doesn't mean there can't be others, too. We've got a ton of ideas for more.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #18
Argonaut
All Star Starter

This sounds great, can't wait. So the locked cards... they're locked into your account forever and ever? I guess this is to prevent unlocking the reward from a collection mission, then selling your set wholesale to your friend, or worse, your other license. Or the market in general I guess, to keep the special cards and rewards rarer.

I would also like some choice over which duplicate cards get locked. Otherwise I might have to do some weird stuff like inactivate a guy I'm using, then reactivate him once the mission is done. Also -- if you say that trained cards can fetch a premium, then list that training and stats on the market! I would like to see this for opposite reasons, as I would pay more for an unused mint condition card.

I wonder how the Collection stuff will affect the relevant cards on the market? I suspect anything above Silver tier will be impossible to find at a reasonable price. I hope I'll be able to do some of the lower level missions, and still pick up the Gold and Diamond cards I want for regular play.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #19
allenciox
All Star Reserve

I do like the idea that some missions only require a subset of the the cards that match (like 7/11). Us FTP players certainly will not be able to compete for the biggest collections, but there might be a few that we can complete, even if we don't get much for them.

Also, will you be informed if, at rollout, you are already complete with some collections?

Last edited by allenciox; 06-07-2019 at 02:26 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #20
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
I do like the idea that some missions only require a subset of the the cards that match (like 7/11). Us FTP players certainly will not be able to compete for the biggest collections, but there might be a few that we can complete, even if we don't get much for them.

Also, will you be informed if, at rollout, you are already complete with some collections?
If you go to the missions page, you can see the status. You have to manually submit any collections to complete them - they are not done automatically.

And yes, not having to get all the cards is a great way for us to keep a valid theme, but not have it be hung up on one super-rare card. The goal is to have missions take a little bit of work, but we certainly intend to have at least a good number of them able to be completed without breaking the bank.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote